• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlborough Gun show this month

I am in RI, thinking about going to the show. HOWEVER AFAIK as RI resident, even with MA class A permit, I cannot buy just about anything on the show. Friend from Conn with FFL wanted to buy some 1911 mags at Springfield show and was denied. Is it even worth the time to go? Thanks for your help...

I am in RI, thinking about going to the show. HOWEVER AFAIK as RI resident, even with MA class A permit, I cannot buy just about anything on the show. Friend from Conn with FFL wanted to buy some 1911 mags at Springfield show and was denied. Is it even worth the time to go? Thanks for your help...

Stop lying. Everyone knows about the gun show loophole. You can buy anything without any questions.

1911 mags . Really?

I assume your friend has a C&R FFL, right?

With that you get no privileges (legally) in MA and possession of any guns/ammo (other than low-cap long guns and ammo for same) is illegal.

As a RI resident with MA NR LTC, you can possess anything legal in MA (AWB/large-cap post-ban mags/gun excepted), but legally the dealers at a MA show are NOT supposed to sell you any guns of any type or any ammo. You could legally buy pre-ban large-cap mags or any low-cap mag . . . some might sell to you while others won't. It's a crap-shoot and hard to tell you if it is really worth it. IMNSHO prices at the shows tend not to be any bargain compared to your LGS, even before the Big "0" or Newtown!

Thanks Len. AFAIK my buddy from CT has reg FFL. Do no why he was denied at Springfield. He was pissed though...

Probably because the dealer has no clue what the laws are?

MGLs don't make it easy! In general they don't list exceptions for FFLs for most "forbidden acts" in the law.

I will be there saturday around 10-11am and will bring my ak mags. $16 each. I wont have a table due to the bull shit, but will have them in the car. if interested pm me your number.

Thanks.

I'll be there Sunday, I had to take the day off from work so hopefully it's worth my time.

Do most dealers do their sales in cash only or do they have card readers? I'm debating whether or not to take a wad of cash with me.

Most dealers are setup for credit cards... but always take cash for better deals/discounts.

it varies, although most want cash.

I usually carry some but they also have an atm machine there in case anyone wants to sell me a Boston Police gun I also carry extra FA10's in case as well

If you uncomfortable carrying it, you can leave it at my table (far right wall) and I will make sure it is safe [rofl]

Money what money, that was my twin brother who was working the table when you came by...

Ok Thanks. Wad of cash it is.

Excellent... you've fallen for my trap. What do you look like and what pocket will contain the cash?

my girl friend always asks me when I go into the safe on a saturday. "what are you buying now?"

My wife doesn't even react anymore. Although, when PayPal called the house the other day while I was at work... they questioned some charges on my account. My wife texted me and asked what paypal thought was fraudulent...she asked "Do I need to worry about what you're buying? Is a doomsday bunker going to show up this week?"

You have to learn to do what I do, I always carry an empty rifle case to the show, saying I am having something checked out, then if it is full when you come back who knows?

When I came back from Florida, about 2 days later a long box showed up with a Mosin Sniper, the wife said did you buy that in Florida? I said no, I knew I was going away for a couple weeks and sent it to a gunsmith to be worked on and he just sent it back - it worked!! [rofl]

Excellent... you've fallen for my trap. What do you look like and what pocket will contain the cash?

You can look at my profile pic but that wont be much help. [laugh]

my girl friend always asks me when I go into the safe on a saturday. "what are you buying now?"

Yea I got the, "You just bought this today, now your going to the show on Sunday to buy more?" lecture from her... and I'm in the middle of an AR build on top of that. Oh well. [smile]

Good info guys plan to head on down to Marlboro. Have a Mosin coming in and need some kind of case for it. Also want to check out any lockers/safes too. And whatever I haven't thought of yet to get me up and running on the rifle range - targets? It's the stuff you haven't thought of yet that are those time-of-show expensive impulse buys. [devil]

when PayPal called the house the other day while I was at work... they questioned some charges on my account. My wife texted me and asked what paypal thought was fraudulent...she asked "Do I need to worry about what you're buying? Is a doomsday bunker going to show up this week?"

Well only a matter of time before paypal gets up in my business. with all these mags. they will probably want to know why all these people are giving me "gifts"

Heading in for my second Marlboro gun show. Hoping to get some sort of deal on some dated pre-ban AR mags. Should be interesting

deal on dated ar mags at a show? Sorry Im not setting up a table. lol. there is a guy there I have talked to him he goes to all shows he is nice straight shooter. prices are typical of a show. I will have some internally dated ones in a few weeks. freshly finished with magpul followers for $30

"prices typical of a show"

is everything marked up?

at lest $5 more then I sell them for. probably $45 for externally dated, $35 for internally dated, $30 for no date. for the most part you wont find "deals" to stock up on at a gun show.

Back
Top Bottom