• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Martin burns public range

Hey, I'm well aware that it wasn't going to be open. It's a two minute detour on my drive home, and everybody wants to see a miracle happen once in their lifetime, right?

Hey, I'm well aware that it wasn't going to be open. It's a two minute detour on my drive home, and everybody wants to see a miracle happen once in their lifetime, right?

Most of the time you don't get what you don't pay for [smile]

Yeah I know......Tax payer right? Hope it all works out for you guys at the old Martin burns.....But for $175 a year I can shoot 24/7 at the club.

Tell me more about this Martin Burns public range...

It's free. It's sometimes open for business. And as mr brownstone has pointed out.......The bubbas are generally abundant.

That is all

Last edited:
It's sort of like the red headed step child of Gun Ranges, always needs the trash cleaned up never any useable target frames unless you bring some, and on occasion may have some otherwise normal people doing absolutely abnormal things with firearms. And bring LOTS of bug spray at dusk or early mornings the skitters and little black flies are horrendous.

It's sort of like the red headed step child of Gun Ranges, always needs the trash cleaned up never any useable target frames unless you bring some, and on occasion may have some otherwise normal people doing absolutely abnormal things with firearms. And bring LOTS of bug spray at dusk or early mornings the skitters and little black flies are horrendous.

And why again would anybody in there right mind go to this place....[rofl]

Yes it's free......And full of trash, junk, bubbas, and unsafe fire arms discipline due to no recourse or incentive to act responsibly.

Look.....I went there once with an acquaintance years ago. Almost got shot by a bubba. Trash everywhere......It's a shit hole. I'll never go back

Last edited:
Too bad it was only almost. Go back, maybe we'll have better luck this time. Lmao

Trolling again I see

Anyway......When a guy on your right does a mag dump with a handgun and fires all but the last few rounds......Turns around to his left laughing hysterically and discharged a round that goes a few feet in front of you and continues to turn all the way around flagging you in the process..And says oops and keeps laughing g....You get a little upset and start to understand that free shit hole gun range equals bubbas and dipshits. And you don't go back.

Yes......I yelled at him. Packed up.....And have never been back.....Neither has my buddy.
So.....If you are a cheapass bubba or dipshit.......Enjoy.

Other than that for the normal folks that are considering this place.......Be prepared to find a closed range when you thought it was open.......And be prepared to watch the other shooters who have no clue how to be safe with a fire arm.

Last edited:
Lol okay. Sure you gave him a good yelling.

Please.....enlighten us......What would you do.

Especially considering two other people here have also stated the safety discipline there sucks.

Last edited:
Yup, place is full of idiots. I'm sitting in my truck waiting on 2 kids shooting when 2 cars pull up, stop in the middle of the road and lady starts asking them if they are almost done. kids look agitated and pack up and these 4 bozos almost run down to the table like it was 10 cent wing night at the lodge. Wasn't worth saying anything cause dealing with idiots isn't my forte

Last edited:
Yup, place is full of idiots. I'm sitting in my truck waiting on 2 kids shooting when 2 cars pull up, stop in the middle of the road and lady starts asking them if they are almost done. kids look agitated and pack up and these 4 bozos almost run down to the table like it was 10 cent wing night at the lodge. Wasn't worth saying anything cause dealing with idiots isn't my forte
Like I said. Bubbas.....It's full of em.

Yup. Went there today and apparently some shitbag(s) decided to use a computer monitor for target practice and of course left it there. EPO picked it up and said if people are going to keep dumping crap there is already talk about closing it down and its pushing it towards it.

Yup. Went there today and apparently some shitbag(s) decided to use a computer monitor for target practice and of course left it there. EPO picked it up and said if people are going to keep dumping crap there is already talk about closing it down and its pushing it towards it.

Gotta love da bubbas......When there is nobody to hold them accountable they'll **** it up for everyone else.....Every time.

If I were the epos there id have already closed it. No way I'm picking up other people's shit. **** em.

Just thought about this place this morning, Even if I don't use my permit this season The fact that I can tell all the Muttonheaded liberals that infest my otherwise conservative world that their tax money pays for a place that I can shoot my AR till my fingers turn blue, gives me a warm fuzzy that no other piece of paper that The Commonwealth of Massachusetts issues me, and to top it off the permit is FREE!!!!!!! Unlike any other damned thing in my wallet that Mass issues.

Not too sure who said that there is talk. I am helping the state and a youth in my troop do his Eagle Scout project at the range and the state is very glad for people to be giving back and zero mention of any closure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom