Martin burns public range

Came in the mail today. Not sure if added language to rule #1, but... "Group use of an individual target permit is prohibited."

I don't recall that being on there in the past.

Just to confirm, I only needed to request to use the range, my info and LTC number along with a self addressed envelope right?

I remember previous years they queued up all the renewals and sent them out at a specified date, usually around this time.

still nothing

It's a holiday and were talking about fish and wildlife state workers. I'm going to call tomm and I would assume others are too then maybe they'll send someone to unlock the gate. That's all they need to do is open a dam gate.

Which gate is closed?

the only gate I remember being there is at the fork (on the left side) and the road you would take to get to the range is on the right.....

It's a holiday and were talking about fish and wildlife state workers. I'm going to call tomm and I would assume others are too then maybe they'll send someone to unlock the gate. That's all they need to do is open a dam gate.
If you're talking about having a state worker open that gate, it's probably a 4 hour minimum to open it; another 4 hour minimum to come out later to close it; all at overtime rates.

Gate locked, Range closed. Spoke to MEP, who are keeping an ear out for shooting on a closed range.

Got there at about 3:15 today. Gate OPEN, but wooden sign at gate and on range both say Range Closed. I called DFW, spoke with "John." I was advised that the range is open. He thanked me for calling to check.

Had a couple of groups cycle in and out while we were there. No target stands yet and there is a bunch of trash in piles waiting to be taken out. I plan to bring some stands next time, we made due with some improvised stuff.

Got there at about 3:15 today. Gate OPEN, but wooden sign at gate and on range both say Range Closed. I called DFW, spoke with "John." I was advised that the range is open. He thanked me for calling to check.

Had a couple of groups cycle in and out while we were there. No target stands yet and there is a bunch of trash in piles waiting to be taken out. I plan to bring some stands next time, we made due with some improvised stuff.
Just got back. MEP stationed at the office. Range is closed. Reportedly will be open soon.

Just got back. MEP stationed at the office. Range is closed. Reportedly will be open soon.

They can eat a huge bag of dicks. DFW, told me that it was open. Try calling the number on the bottom of the permit. When they tell you it is open, like they told me, ask them to call MEP and instruct them to pull their heads out of their asses.

I made a stand I left there that I planned to setup today.
Pisses me off that I bagged all that trash and the worker told me he would get rid of it and he drove down there like he was gonna do something and he just left it there.

Also just called and was told the sign should have been taken down and was forgot by mistake and if someone could take it down and leave it by garage they would appreciate it.

I just spent 45 minutes trying to get through to MEP to request they un**** this. 3 transfers ( not really , they can't do that , they just gave me numbers verbally.) to finally get the office of Lt.Brewlet (sp?) ... No one home ,mVoicemail not operational.

Still waiting on permit, going on 3 weeks. Called Tuesday, she said she mailed them last week, 4 permits, 3 different addresses, nobody has received one yet

View attachment 1654261100 this morning gate was open , sign was down, No MEP at the garage. Road needs to be graded and potholes filled in Again. but other than some trash on the range and a few bags of trash by the benches it's pretty much the same as it always was. Bring a target stand if your going anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom