Mass. 2013 2A State House Demonstration, ATTENDEES post here

I was there, off to the left of the main steps. I decided to walk the crowd to get an idea if how big it was. It was prettty damn huge! thought it was just us on the statehouse entrance, didn't realize it stretched down the block and across the street in both directions.

Last edited:
I was there.

WP_000271_zpsdc804162.jpg

I was there in full support, and what a nice day it was.I love how every one blended in and looked like responsible gun owners and did not fit any stereotype,
My Point proven when everyone disbanded the rally, i could not tell who was and who was not part of the protest unless they had had a poster in hand.

I was there. I couldn't here any of the speakers from where I was standing.
Huge thanks to whoever it was that handed me a sign when I showed empty handed, sorry I apparently mangled it a little bit....

Thank Boston Police Department for closing down the 2 lanes of traffic to accommodate the crowd.
And allowing the bull-horns (as I though a permit was needed for amplified sound).

Excellent event! we all owe more reps than the system can handle to dongalonga, as I told him just after the speakers finished without his efforts speerheading the event we would have been just 500+ people standing around with signs. We are learning how this civil activism stuff works, something the antis have known for a long time, and hopefully we're just getting started!

small screen friendly version for those on broken down crusty connections, but I highly recommend checking out the higher res version HERE

2A-rally1_sm.jpg

I was there. I was carrying the "Self-Defense is a Human Right" sign. The whole thing was impressive. The speeches were great.

The most memorable moment was the singing of the National Anthem.

I've never heard a more powerful, ballsy rendition...I'd guess there are some ex-Glee Club and Choir members. You were outed!

Congrats and Apologies...

[thumbsup] Congratulations and thanks to all who attended! The crowd looked great. [thumbsup]

I was there...sort of. [sad] I really, really, wanted to attend this rally. I have some physical issues that prevent me from excessive standing or walking. I didn't think I'd be able to do it on my own. My son found out yesterday that he didn't have to work today and said he'd like to attend with me. I loaded my canes, knee brace, etc. in the van and we headed up.

We were a little late in leaving and managed to get lost in Boston several times. Either my GPS is wrong or I input the wrong address. We finally got to the Common at 12:50 only to find the parking garage closed because it was full. After the extended drive and not being able to park nearby there was no way that I could participate. The spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak.

We drove by, waved, and gave thumbs up to whoever we could get to notice us. I know it's lame, but it was the best I could manage for today. I'm really sorry guys. I feel like I let you down. [sad2]

You all did a great job and I'm sorry I couldn't do my part.

I was there with my little seven year old. His lack of patience was disturbing...LOL...so we didn't make it to the end of the speeches. Great seeing everyone out there.

I was there. For the record, the part of God Bless America we all forgot was 'through the night with a light from above..."

Yeah, that was me. I told you I sucked. But at least I tried. Hope I wasn't "that guy..."

Last edited:
I was there and met a fellow NESer... hope she doesn't kill me for forgetting her username [hmmm] but I do remember her real name :)

oh..and also met another pro2A from NY who was nice enough to show us support at the very last second after hearing about it this morning.

Overall good crowd. I just wished it grew as it got later instead of thinned out a bit..

I made it as well, I know I met sksray, flintoid and & few other NES folks, as well as alot of other nonNes folks. Wish I had gotten there sooner. Was a great crowd.

I was there. My sign had "1775" on one side and "These laws won't make anyone safer" on the other.

I feel like a lot of people may have missed the sad sad irony of the situation, in that the battles of Lexington and Concord and the first shots of the war were fired when the British went on a mission to confiscate/destroy weapons... Here we are 240 years later and the same **** is coming out of Boston.

[thumbsup] Congratulations and thanks to all who attended! The crowd looked great. [thumbsup]

I was there...sort of. [sad] I really, really, wanted to attend th kois rally. I have some physical issues that prevent me from excessive standing or walking. I didn't think I'd be able to do it on my own. My son found out yesterday that he didn't have to work today and said he'd like to attend with me. I loaded my canes, knee brace, etc. in the van and we headed up.

We were a little late in leaving and managed to get lost in Boston several times. Either my GPS is wrong or I input the wrong address. We finally got to the Common at 12:50 only to find the parking garage closed because it was full. After the extended drive and not being able to park nearby there was no way that I could participate. The spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak.

We drove by, waved, and gave thumbs up to whoever we could get to notice us. I know it's lame, but it was the best I could manage for today. I'm really sorry guys. I feel like I let you down. [sad2]

You all did a great job and I'm sorry I couldn't do my part.

No worries and thanks for trying! You can count on us to represent you!!

I'm grabbing a bite now so will keep this short but it was a beautiful day and I am proud to have been part of it!!

Back
Top Bottom