Mass. out-migration study. Everyone is leaving!

Like I suggested, any unused snow removal money should automatically transfer to road or bridge repair budget with no impact on next year's budget. Everyone should get behind that
I wouldn’t and here’s why

Snow removal budgets are imagery numbers in most towns. MA municipal law allows (one of the few area it’s allows) to deficit fund. It’s not like there is 400k sitting in an account for most towns. It’s a place holder. So if not used it rolls over to next year. If it is used theyre pulling money from somewhere else...hopefully free cash (stabilization funds when things are lean).

Snow removal budgets will always be used at some point. It’s a win if they don’t have to pull money from somewhere else and can just roll to next year. And for most towns it's 400-500k (maybe more now, been out of the game for 5+ years now), but is 6 figures, not millions. That wouldn't repair much when it come to road repair...maybe repave the driveway to town hall and PD, but not much more

Last edited:
what the D's don't seem to realize is that money moves.

No one will pay taxes if they don't have to or they will seek to minimize.
So, you're seeing high earner exodus from SF, LA, NY

Doom loop. Once the tax base leaves, where do they get their $$$$$$ from (other than
Federal 'grants')

Am I the only person who makes the connection in my brain that whatever she is saying will disproportionately impact the poor? Liberals who cry all day long telling everyone about their bleeding hearts when in reality they just want poor people to bleed. Who are the cops going to go after, people driving around in new cars or are they going to be pulling the older ones perhaps a bit rickety? The cars driven by people who don't have good credit or couldn't afford to get an inspection sticker on their car, etc. They can't punish the rich otherwise they can't beg them for campaign money, so all they have left is the low hanging fruit.

And those that make less are RACING here to get some $.

Someone posted something on FB the other day that you need $300K to live in mASS. LOL. It was pretty funny.
You need to make quite a bit less for it to be worth it.

One stat I keep repeating is that there is only a positive birth rate in the US for people making under $30k or over $300k. The majority in the middle, which is most of the truly productive people, are getting crushed from parasites both above and below.

Am I the only person who makes the connection in my brain that whatever she is saying will disproportionately impact the poor? Liberals who cry all day long telling everyone about their bleeding hearts when in reality they just want poor people to bleed. Who are the cops going to go after, people driving around in new cars or are they going to be pulling the older ones perhaps a bit rickety? The cars driven by people who don't have good credit or couldn't afford to get an inspection sticker on their car, etc. They can't punish the rich otherwise they can't beg them for campaign money, so all they have left is the low hanging fruit.
You need to understand leftism / liberalism as a power structure first and foremost.

They don’t care about the poor, they pay the poor off in order to make them a political client group.

All politics are patronage politics. Conservatives are just horrible at politics. Simply horrendous at it.

In the polarized world we live in now, how many people are moving for economic reasons, possibly compared to how many for political ones? It looks like most of the top five destination states in your findings, Florida, New Hampshire, Maine, North Carolina, and Texas, appear to lean Republican, while Massachusetts obviously leans Democratic.

That’s an interesting question. This study focused on the central drivers that helped to influence individuals and families to move to and from a given state, but data did not track movement and political affiliation. The study showed the decision to move is complicated and multifactorial. It is also clear that while economic factors, such as level of income tax and housing costs, are dominant, political leaning could play a partial role. The study did not explore this hypothesis, but it would be an interesting one to research and examine in the future.

Props to the author, Doug Most, for asking a question that BU faculty would likely dodge.

I was up to MA over Easter weekend. I was horrified at the conditions of every road. MA roads have always been bad. They've gotten worse in the last seven years. If they're not plowing, salting and sanding due to mild winters they should immediately re-use those funds for road repairs. You should collectively revolt over the road conditions you're taxed through the nose for.

In the south, roads pretty much get built and stay in good shape. There is NO SUCH THING as a pothole here. Really. All the roads are smooth and straight. None of those confounded "hills" or "curves." At least not here on the coastal plain. We haven't had measurable winter precipitation since two inches fell in January 2018. It was gone that afternoon. It gets cold (freezing nights) but just doesn't stay that way for long.
The hills and curves of New England roads are pretty nice.

Driving in many places down south s*cks @ss. A never ending straight road is boring AF. It is one of the things I hate the most about places like FL.

The pols here are completely tone deaf as to why people are leaving. My town is going to vote on the community preservation act, which is a tax override on your real estate taxes to pay for low income housing. It promises to assist with “open spaces” but most of the matching money from the state goes to low income housing. They don’t want any “aspirational” communities where you have to reach a certain level of financial comfort to be able to afford living in. They want every town and county in the state to have low income housing. If you’re middle class, tough sh*t, no breaks for you, in fact you’ll be treated like a high-wage earner to subsidize the low-income gimmee girls. Lewis was at one of the meetings encouraging people to vote in the CPA, he’s been pushing for that for years with Linsky, when Linsky takes time off from his love of livestock. He noted the out-migration and blamed it on the high cost of living, so his solution is to add another tax on middle and upper class tax payers to subsidize housing for low-income earners. Completely oblivious to the fact that the ones leaving the state aren’t the low-income folks, but the people getting priced out of the housing market by higher taxes and fees. If you stay here you are a cash machine for all leftist agenda.

Driving in many places down south s*cks @ss. A never ending straight road is boring AF. It is one of the things I hate the most about places like FL.
Florida is the worst, flat and straight.

There are parts of the south with good roads though......Western parts of the Carolinas resemble the roads around here somewhat.....without all the potholes that is. Get off the highway there and there are some nice roads.

RT11 around Greenville/Spartanburg is a nice scenic highway through the country that we drove not too long ago that was very nice rolling through some peach orchards and nice farms.

You need to make quite a bit less for it to be worth it.

One stat I keep repeating is that there is only a positive birth rate in the US for people making under $30k or over $300k. The majority in the middle, which is most of the truly productive people, are getting crushed from parasites both above and below.

1. Yeah. Those F'ing unproductive parasites who succeeded and are now making $300K. F them. Tax them into oblivion and then lock them in jail! [rofl]

2. . . . . so how many kids do YOU have??? There IS a simple solution to this and the impending immigration disaster we are facing. (Birth rate is 1.66 per female - you're gonna see an "American" population decline over the next 50 years.). If the folks between 30 and 300 have more kids, all of our problems are solved. So get bangin!

The pols here are completely tone deaf as to why people are leaving. My town is going to vote on the community preservation act, which is a tax override on your real estate taxes to pay for low income housing. It promises to assist with “open spaces” but most of the matching money from the state goes to low income housing. They don’t want any “aspirational” communities where you have to reach a certain level of financial comfort to be able to afford living in. They want every town and county in the state to have low income housing. If you’re middle class, tough sh*t, no breaks for you, in fact you’ll be treated like a high-wage earner to subsidize the low-income gimmee girls. Lewis was at one of the meetings encouraging people to vote in the CPA, he’s been pushing for that for years with Linsky, when Linsky takes time off from his love of livestock. He noted the out-migration and blamed it on the high cost of living, so his solution is to add another tax on middle and upper class tax payers to subsidize housing for low-income earners. Completely oblivious to the fact that the ones leaving the state aren’t the low-income folks, but the people getting priced out of the housing market by higher taxes and fees. If you stay here you are a cash machine for all leftist agenda.
And not one of those low income units will go to locals who need it.
They will import the worst shitbags from all over the state to turn your town into a high crime dump .
They did it in the town I grew up in.
97% of the police calls in a single year came from the same 20 units.
Everything from burglry to armed robbery.

And not one of those low income units will go to locals who need it.
They will import the worst shitbags from all over the state to turn your town into a high crime dump .
They did it in the town I grew up in.
97% of the police calls in a single year came from the same 20 units.
Everything from burglry to armed robbery.
About the only thing worse it letting Avolon into town.
Pure problems was the direct word to me from a FD member friend. Calls thru the roof.

Massachusetts is the only state in the country to have a right to shelter law. This means Massachusetts has to find places to live for all the illegals and anyone else that is homeless. Thank you democrats as long as this dosent effect them it is a good thing. As long as they can shuffle them off to places that do not directly effect them this will remain in place. According to the list Amherst has only 5 and North Hampten has 0 and these are the most sanctuary cities in Western MA. This alone should tell the story. Springfield and Holyoke seem to lead in the count in Western MA. Send the to the shit hole cities but not my city.
So can I sell my house a d get a free apartment and pocket the profit?

Hell, that’s a great deal.

I know suckers paying $2100-3000 for apartments. And get this!!! They pay for their own meals…

But sometimes the cool roads are hampered by slow moving trucks and shitty BMW’s.

You end up going 23 in a 45 zone because bumps

We have three kids in their 20's.
A lot of their peers are heading south to NC & SC....
MA rated 2nd most expensive state in the country.

F’ Florida.

Unless you are a stop light to stop light drag racer with a hell cat, there is absolutely no reason to be a car guy there other than to $$$ flex.

Im not even sure its an Avalon thing. It seems like lots of towns wont approve apartment complexes without some percentage of low income units, or the money and tax credits that developers need to make these projects work have strings attached that require X% low income. Ive seen the same thing happen in Chelsea. New apartment complexes go in and a year later FD and PD are there multiple times a day.

They've got to justify their budgets somehow. Typical gov mentality, we've got to use it all up so we can demand more $$$ next year.
Society has also become so litigious that they have to dump salt to cover their ass in case some idiot rear ends someone while checking their Insta account and their lawyer uses the dusting of snow on the ground as an alibi.

I was born in MA and have lived here my entire life. It has become less and less home every year for the last 30. My wife and adult children see no future here. So we’re moving to central NH in the next month but we know that can change too. Everything has changed, that’s the way it goes but we’ll take our chances up in the mountains and the snow 😁

I give you, "Tail of the Dragon".

smtree03.png

Ferrari-Wrecks-Out-On-Tail-Of-The-Dragon.jpg

tail-of-the-dragon.jpg

DragonDeath2022-1.jpg

Some of you make it sound so easy. "Just Move". I'm not a young man anymore. Do I just abandon my children and grandchildren and the rest of my family and friends? Move somewhere by myself and do what? Sit in a lawn chair swatting bugs in front of my doublewide?

Some of you make it sound so easy. "Just Move". I'm not a young man anymore. Do I just abandon my children and grandchildren and the rest of my family and friends? Move somewhere by myself and do what? Sit in a lawn chair swatting bugs in front of my doublewide?
Nah, just stay right where you are.......MA needs your tax money to support all the migrants they're importing. [laugh]

You'll soon find yourself and your family to be just as isolated, only you'll be forcibly paying the freight for yourself and all the free loaders.

Back
Top Bottom