• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass shooter: 0 Armed bystander: 1 Media: -1

Everyone has glommed onto the initial claim of "40 yards".

Then I saw a "corrected" report of 30 yards, then another corrected report of "30 feet".

I'm more prone to believe 10 yards until we see actual measurements.
if he started off at Blondies Cookies then yards is probably more accurate. Its not a small food court. Maybe the jump from 40 yards to 30 yards was simply, he started shooting at 40 yards and the bad guy was finally dropped at a distance of 30 yards?

Why do all these shooters happen to look low test?
Because ALL of them have been pumped up on drugs since they got their first D in school and the school psychologists told the parents it wasn’t their fault, and their kid wasn’t stupid, he just needs whatever drug big pharma was pushing to put him in a state of blankness.

I know a lot of people want to blame video games and violent movies, and maybe they’re right, but, it’s no coincidence that ALL of these shooters were or are on ssri’s for YEARS, and during their formative years.

a guy I used to work with is maybe in his late 60’s now and he told me he used to be on his hs rifle team in suburban Ny And he used to carry his rifle to school and keep it in his locker. Thousands of people did that for years without incident.

First guy killed also had a handgun on him. Never even got the chance to draw it

Douglas Jefferson, the Senior Vice President for the National African American Gun Association, offered Fox News Digital a different perspective, arguing armed citizens are a "critical part" of preventing mass shootings from turning more deadly.

"Dealing with an active shooter is dangerous under any circumstances. Because of this, we believe law-abiding citizens should have the right to carry firearms for protection as well as have the option to use said firearms to counter active shooters since law enforcement cannot be everywhere at once. The tragedy in Indiana showed that motivated armed citizenry are a critical part of stopping such tragedies from becoming worse than they already are," he said.

First guy killed also had a handgun on him. Never even got the chance to draw it

Good guy had the element of surprise.

Loser alphabet boi didn’t know what hit him.

With 2A picking up steam the Hoover bldg is gonna need to incorporate some training for their patsies.

I know I'm dreaming but, the mall owner (Simon malls?) should come out and say guns are no longer banned at our malls nationwide.
I'd love to see some interviewer ask a Simon spokesperson "Is Eli welcome to carry a gun at your malls going forward?"

UBER played this game once. Simple
- Uber driver uses his handgun to stop mass shooting
- Uber responds by banning drivers and passengers from carrying guns

I'd love to see some interviewer ask a Simon spokesperson "Is Eli welcome to carry a gun at your malls going forward?"

The correct slippery PR response to this question is something like, "We're reviewing our weapons policy and not announcing any change at this time, but Eli is welcome back here with an Abrams tank as far as I'm concerned".

Then I saw a "corrected" report of 30 yards, then another corrected report of "30 feet".

The closer he was the more danger from the murderer he was in, which might make his actions even more badass.

Even if the 8 holes in the bad guy were the result of 4 entry and 4 exit wounds instead of 8 separate bullets, that’s pretty solid.

10 yards or 50 yards, I think it’s safe to say his conduct and execution was at an absolute elite level.

The closer he was the more danger from the murderer he was in, which might make his actions even more badass.

Even if the 8 holes in the bad guy were the result of 4 entry and 4 exit wounds instead of 8 separate bullets, that’s pretty solid.

10 yards or 50 yards, I think it’s safe to say his conduct and execution was at an absolute elite level.
I know that I would be praying for accuracy at that distance. Yesterday I did a couple of snap shots without thinking at 20 yards and was happy with the placement. If you over think it that's when you will probably make mistakes. Not my photoshop
SmartSelect_20220721-192529_Reddit.jpg

IDGAF if it was from 8 feet, hit moving target 8 out of 10 times, pretty amazing under the circumstances.

Corporate bends the knee to the leftist mobs every time.

From Psycologists - the profession that says they cannot pick a potential Mass Shooter out based on torturing small animals, fantasies about committing mass killings, etc., and that since only ~4% of the mentally ill are violent, we need more gun laws imposed on honest, law-abiding citizens to avoid stigmatizing the mentally ill.

I checked back to see what the American Psychological Association (APA) has been saying about Mass Shootings since their pre-pandemic 2019 article on Stress & Mass Shootings. The November 2020 survey data find Mass Shootings or Crime & Violence didn’t even make the Top Ten list. Interesting that the older one gets, the less stress one reports.

A large majority of adults in the United States are stressed by mass shootings, and a third of U.S. adults say that fear of mass shootings stops them from going to certain places and events, according to a new survey on stress and mass shootings by the American Psychological Association…

The current survey found that more than three-quarters of adults (79%) in the U.S. say they experience stress as a result of the possibility of a mass shooting. Additionally, many adults report that they are changing their behavior due to fear of mass shootings. Nearly one in three adults (32%) feel they cannot go anywhere without worrying about being a victim of a mass shooting, while just about the same number (33%) say fear prevents them from going to certain places or events. Nearly one-quarter (24%) of adults report changing how they live their lives because of fear of a mass shooting.

1A24EC4C-EC23-40FB-B837-6FF8410E8577.jpeg 115B1251-A885-41B5-B950-EC2DD4060A78.jpeg

The current survey found that more than three-quarters of adults (79%) in the U.S. say they experience stress as a result of the possibility of a mass shooting. Additionally, many adults report that they are changing their behavior due to fear of mass shootings. Nearly one in three adults (32%) feel they cannot go anywhere without worrying about being a victim of a mass shooting, while just about the same number (33%) say fear prevents them from going to certain places or events. Nearly one-quarter (24%) of adults report changing how they live their lives because of fear of a mass shooting.
I assume not leaving your gun at home when you go out shopping counts.

I assume not leaving your gun at home when you go out shopping counts.
I see your point - fearing that you might forget your gun when you go out could be a risk! Before I retired, I had a “Don’t forget your Laptop” sign on my door jamb by the light switch. I haven’t seen a need for the signs below yet…

473ECECA-78B4-402A-A7AD-478622224A79.jpeg BFD6DDC3-16E2-437F-9259-F608B8D1E463.jpeg

That 1/3rd would see carrying a gun outside the home to be a fear response, but we see that as one of many simple precautions of everyday life, like checking how much gas we have in the tank before taking a drive, fastening our seatbelts, etc. Only 1% of lethal shootings are mass killings. There’s no “dashboard warning lights” to tell people not to go stupid places and do stupid things to be part of that other 99%.

Maybe it’s a learned feeling of powerlessness among that 1/3rd that causes fear? Local papers run articles about a head-on collision on some road in our town…maybe a OUI or distraction cause. Does this 1/3rd fear leaving the house, or do they think - I’ll “watch out for the other guy” and avoid being killed by another driver?

Fearing immensely rare events takes some help - the media are glad to jump in to help create those fears. While some 40% have a general uneasiness of flying, less than 3% actually avoid flying due to fear. I think that 1/3rd are just always looking for their next thing to fear - COVID, Insurrections, Mass Shootings, etc.

Of the Top 59 ways Americans die, guns are not in the Top 20, with Suicide at 21, Homicide by Gun at 31 and Gun Accidents at 59. Of the top 20, we can reduce odds of death by up to 50% by behavioral changes (diet, exercise, smoking). Guns are way, way down the list…

I all of a sudden feel very limited and unprepared that my range is only 50'. And maybe a little more paranoid about carrying a second mag. I don't think I would have fared as well as this guy with shots on target at that distance, so spending 10+1 and missing would mean I'd be SOL for the return volley.

I all of a sudden feel very limited and unprepared that my range is only 50'. And maybe a little more paranoid about carrying a second mag. I don't think I would have fared as well as this guy with shots on target at that distance, so spending 10+1 and missing would mean I'd be SOL for the return volley.
Just imagine if all you had was your Bodyguard .380 with 7 rounds.... I'd be lucky if I hit the wall behind him from 40 yards with mine.

I get a cold chill thinking about that scenario. I think I'd be better of trying to throw the actual BG380 at his head.
yep, lol, I've thought about that too, best velocity and distance is to put your pointing finger across teh barrel and the grip in your palm, slide facing out, and throw it like you're skimming a rock.

Back
Top Bottom