Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

My new shop is 1/2 a mile from this club. I am considering joining - I will take a look at the website if I need a sponsor etc.
Anybody want to host me after work one day to check it out?

My new shop is 1/2 a mile from this club. I am considering joining - I will take a look at the website if I need a sponsor etc.

Hey Max, if you're going to the meet on Sat, we'll be happy to meet you there before the meet up, let me know.

No sponsor needed. You do need to submit app and take a test. Let me know if you need a tour. I'll be glad to host you.

"Send it" via iPhone M107A1

Hey Max, if you're going to the meet on Sat, we'll be happy to meet you there before the meet up, let me know.

Sounds like that could work out very well! Thank you I will be in contact.

- - - Updated - - -

No sponsor needed. You do need to submit app and take a test. Let me know if you need a tour. I'll be glad to host you.

"Send it" via iPhone M107A1

Thank you for your kind gesture it looks like I may be able to swing through on Saturday with mini.

Membership Question

I have a few questions when joining, and I was hoping someone could help with the answers.

1. The application form says that I need a witness to sign under my name. Can I bring the form in already signed by my friend, or should I leave it blank and have the person I give it to be my witness?

2. During the live fire test, do they go over how to use the guns that I would have to fire before I shoot them, or do they just give them to you and expect you to demonstrate proper use?

3. Do they take credit cards or should I bring a personal check or cash?

Sorry for the list.
Thanks. [grin]

I have a few questions when joining, and I was hoping someone could help with the answers.

1. The application form says that I need a witness to sign under my name. Can I bring the form in already signed by my friend, or should I leave it blank and have the person I give it to be my witness?

2. During the live fire test, do they go over how to use the guns that I would have to fire before I shoot them, or do they just give them to you and expect you to demonstrate proper use?

Sorry for the list.
Thanks. [grin]

1. You can sign the form @ the office. The person who took your application is your witness, right?
2. You would have to find out yourself. If I disclose it, it wouldn't be fun. Just enjoyed the orientation process.
3. They take either credit cards, personal check or cash. No preferences.

Leave the "witness" signature blank, it's for the person taking you in at the counter.
If you are unfamiliar with any or all of the guns used for the shooting test, tell the person from the club in advance. Most will take the time to go over it with you or set you up with someone who can ("free lesson"). Remember safety is more important than putting them all in the bull's eye.
They take most major credit cards as well as checks and cash but I'm not sure about AmEx or Discover. You can always call on a Wed. night of Sun morning if you are concerned.
Sorry for the list.
No problem, more efficient anyway. I hope that it goes well for you.
Thanks. [grin]

I hope that this helps.

Glad that Loeb is back open, but I have to say that I actually enjoyed bringing my M&P 15-22 upstairs to Fazio. I had never shot up there before and I was all alone for an hour and a half or so. I did have to go out and buy standard velocity .22lr, but it was pretty relaxing.

Glad that Loeb is back open, but I have to say that I actually enjoyed bringing my M&P 15-22 upstairs to Fazio. I had never shot up there before and I was all alone for an hour and a half or so. I did have to go out and buy standard velocity .22lr, but it was pretty relaxing.

The Fazio range is awesome. 50ft but fun as hell because you're most likely alone.

Nooooo.... that's usually where I shoot my M&P 15-22 and Mark III.

No one is ever up there with me when I'm shooting. It's awesome!

Sent from my iPwn

Join HSC instead

Thats kindof a useless comment. "Go Sox!!".

HSC is a great club, but from Sommerville, its almost an hour. Mass Rifle is about 20 minutes from Sommerville.

I'n my case MRA is 15 minutes away and HSC is about 50 min. It doesn't sound like much, unless you have young children. HSC is a half day outing. MRA can be a 2 hour outing. Big difference.

And they allow machine guns indoors at MRA.

Thats kindof a useless comment. "Go Sox!!".

HSC is a great club, but from Sommerville, its almost an hour. Mass Rifle is about 20 minutes from Sommerville.

I'n my case MRA is 15 minutes away and HSC is about 50 min. It doesn't sound like much, unless you have young children. HSC is a half day outing. MRA can be a 2 hour outing. Big difference.

And they allow machine guns indoors at MRA.

I agree with Don. While HSC is great, MRA is hard to beat if you are going from Somerville. People are nice and the ranges are never full whenever I have gone.

Sent from my iPwn

I plan on submitting my paperwork for membership this Wednesday. Hopefully the wait is not to long and I can have another club to shoot at local.

I just took the test and orientation on Sunday. Once you drop off the app, its a two week wait for the test and then another two week wait for the interview. My interview is on the 27th.

I just took the test and orientation on Sunday. Once you drop off the app, its a two week wait for the test and then another two week wait for the interview. My interview is on the 27th.

Excellent - thanks for the heads up. I look forward to being able to shoot with you at some point then :)

Sounds good. I originally joined another club because at the time, all i had was handguns and i didnt need a range over 50 yards.. then, you know how it goes. Now i need a range nearby that will let me shoot long guns.

FYI, once you get in there is a +/- 6 month wait to be able to use all but one of the outdoor ranges.

Excellent - thanks for the heads up. I look forward to being able to shoot with you at some point then :)

Glad to hear some more NES'ers will be over at MRA. Looking forward to meeting some of you. I still need to do my 100/200. Hoping to have my AR built by spring so I can do that and spend some more time in the outdoors. [wink]

Sounds good. I originally joined another club because at the time, all i had was handguns and i didnt need a range over 50 yards.. then, you know how it goes. Now i need a range nearby that will let me shoot long guns.

FYI, once you get in there is a +/- 6 month wait to be able to use all but one of the outdoor ranges.

It's all good, I still am a member at Harvard and Haverhill (closed ranges currently) so I have places to shoot but having a 3rd club close to my work will make every day a bit better.

Maybe you can have me as your guest if the -/+ 6 month wait has me itching to shoot at the other ranges at MRA lol

Back
Top Bottom