Massachusetts Rifle Purchase

Okay, I'm pretty much on top of the handgun laws, but after looking at a FN FS2000 and having the "gotta have one" (I suffer from impulse purchase syndrome) feeling, I'm sitting here wondering if it can legally happen at all.

Doubt it, It appears to have all the "Evil" features of an Assault Rifle, so untill that BS is lifted (don't hold your breath) I don't think you'll be seeing one untill you leave the state. [sad]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Doubt it, It appears to have all the "Evil" features of an Assault Rifle, so untill that BS is lifted (don't hold your breath) I don't think you'll be seeing one untill you leave the state. [sad]

The FS2000 does not:

Have a Pistol grip.
Have a Collapsible/Folding Stock. (It's fixed, one size).
Have a Bayonet lug.
Have a Flash Hider (According to FNH's sales material, it is a BRAKE not an FH)

So why would it be banned here? (If there's something I missed, I'm curious
to know what it is).

The only thing making this rifle non-MA importable, is that it might come
with post-ban > 10 round magazines. If you can get the distributor to
omit those from the package before shipping, it shouldn't be a problem.

Of course I can see an obvious problems with dealer paranoia in this
state. Some dealers might not be willing to handle it, even if it
arguably is fully legal.

-Mike

If it is legal to possess in MA, and a dealer refuses to import it . . . simply order it from a NH dealer and drive up there and do the transaction. Come home with it and do an FA-10 and you are all set and perfectly legal!

It should be completely legal here. The dealer will have no problem taking out the mags from the package. Go to Four Seasons and ask Carl to get one from his distributor. It may take a while...
I thought it did have a flash hider, but it would still be okay I believe because it doesn't have a pistol grip.

Just got off the phone with Carl at Four Seasons. Evidently you have to be an "authorized dealer" read: pay dearly to be a dealer. If anyone knows a Mass dealer that handles FN's, please let me know. Otherwise I'll go the NH route. I'd be happy to leave the post-ban mags behind. The "flash hider" isn't. Its a muzzle brake. Thanks all.

Last edited:
M&M's in Plymouth has 5 or 6 PS90's so he must be a "dealer"?

If you find one cheaper in another state other than NH, you can always have FS do the transfer too.

Last edited:
2 grand and a trip to Collector's Gallery in Stoneham will get you one (at least as of 7pm tonight).
I loved holding it, but I don't want to spend that much money now. And it even accepts AR magazines!

Andrew.

A pal I know has one. He bought it at The Gun Room in Shrewsbury.

He let me shoot it -- sweet, no recoil rifle. Amazingly clever action, and easy as pie to field strip.

If you wanna buy a piece of functional modern art, get yourself one of these!

Congrats!

Post pics in the Gallery section.

Also I'm curious how reliable they are. The forward ejection gets me scratching my head.

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom