Memorable carry stories...let's hear'em!!!

I've mentioned it a couple times. Was out fishing in CA, look up from the creek to see a cougar eyeballing me. Had the Blackhawk filled with rattlesnake load, because those are about the most dangerous thing there aside from people.

It charges, I dropped the pole and fumble for the revolver, bring it up and fire a first shot into the dirt, finally get on target and send snake shot into its face. It shakes it off and runs off. Didn't brown trou, because everything was too puckered up tight.

I hate cougars.

Wow... no fun to be food! Good for you to be carrying.

I do a lot a work in the peoples republic of Cambridge. On this day I was working for a Gc (general contractor) whom is a wicked liberal. This day he is off on of his frequent tangents about hating firearms. I am sitting there smirking, because his foreman, the plumber, and I am all carrying.

well if it wasn't law, i'd have to say maybe he said it due to the recruits all around running their scenerio training, not wanting them to get nervous if there was some bearded, tatto'd civvie walking around with a fire arm.
I was actually suprised with how easy going he was about it, and got a real laugh when he found out it was just a cell phone.

With some of the horror stories you hear about law enforcement freaking out because you are in fact carrying, I thought this would be a breathe of fresh air :)

just to add, with all the Mass State troopers I do bump into there, not once have they every been rude, snide, or discourteous of the sort.

You were not carrying. Would the air be so fresh if you were?

One time I was at a wedding. And met a girl... She never found it. I feel like I owe Crossbreed a big Thank You.

I was in NH one time, Twin Mountain, and went into that general store on the corner. I had my Sig P239 in my Galco cross breed and had taken my jacket off and completely forgot about it and went in the store. There were about 5 or 6 people in there at the time and no one said anything or even looked at me funny. It was really weird.

Last edited:
i also had a ruger P345 fall down one of my pant legs while walking into a gas station from my car....i just turned around and walked back to my car slowly so the gun wouldn't completely fall out the bottom in the middle of the parking lot.

How'd that happen? Mexican carry?

Haha...yup. Hadn't gotten a holster for it yet, but stubbornly carried it anyway. Never carried without a holster. Again, learning experience.

Wow! Awesome! How do you like it? We just got MP5s at Liberty Tree. My call sign is Gecko Jr., what's yours? I just got sniper qualified and got a new sniper mount for my Segw.... errr.... Tactical Response Vehicle.

If you are stuck in traffic on Rt 24 near the Silver City Galleria, you will pick up their radio chatter. I was driving to RI and I had a 2-way radio to talk to someone who was following me. When I heard that they were in range, I called in, "Calling all units! We have a disturbance at the Orange Julius, I need back up immediately! Please respond!"
All of them started frantically calling back asking for my location and the nature of the disturbance. Finally one of them says, "wait a minute, we don't even have an Orange Julius in this mall."
Yeah, I'm a dick, but it was funny at the time.

Whenever I back up an officer, I either wear my CCW sash or my helmet with the flashing light. No cop likes a backup with no ID.

If you are stuck in traffic on Rt 24 near the Silver City Galleria, you will pick up their radio chatter. I was driving to RI and I had a 2-way radio to talk to someone who was following me. When I heard that they were in range, I called in, "Calling all units! We have a disturbance at the Orange Julius, I need back up immediately! Please respond!"
All of them started frantically calling back asking for my location and the nature of the disturbance. Finally one of them says, "wait a minute, we don't even have an Orange Julius in this mall."
Yeah, I'm a dick, but it was funny at the time.

when was this? im almost positive they have an orange julius/dairy queen stand in the food court. i may be mistaken though, i dont go to the SSG that much

I was a manager of a restaurant in Auburn...at the end of a shift I was walking down the stairs with the bartenders cash drawer. At the bottom of the stairs is the employees "break room" and where they have premeal meetings. Well, I fell down the stairs, a couple thousand dollars flys across the room at the bottom of the stairs along with my S&W 3913 that I had in an ankle holster. There were 10 or so people in the room that found out that day that their manager carried

and here's another one...the readers digest version

I walked into a store 24 (I was living in the Philly at the time), reached into my coat pocket and caught the trigger of a raven 25 that was in my coat pocket, letting off a round into the floor about 2 feet in front of me. I just about shit my pants, as did the clerk working. It was my 1 and only ND ever... learned an important lesson about holsters that day

I was a manager of a restaurant in Auburn...at the end of a shift I was walking down the stairs with the bartenders cash drawer. At the bottom of the stairs is the employees "break room" and where they have premeal meetings. Well, I fell down the stairs, a couple thousand dollars flys across the room at the bottom of the stairs along with my S&W 3913 that I had in an ankle holster. There were 10 or so people in the room that found out that day that their manager carried

and here's another one...the readers digest version

I walked into a store 24 (I was living in the Philly at the time), reached into my coat pocket and caught the trigger of a raven 25 that was in my coat pocket, letting off a round into the floor about 2 feet in front of me. I just about shit my pants, as did the clerk working. It was my 1 and only ND ever... learned an important lesson about holsters that day

that could have been BAD!! you should have bought a lottery ticket that day!!

Well the first time I was at MSP Academy was probably ~1980 for the "Brown Book Exam" and we had to work a town event right afterwards so we were in "full battle gear" but we were told that they had a rule of no loaded guns in the building (probably just for the Academy) so we unloaded before we went in and carried an empty firearm (revolver). Nobody checked.

Last two times I was at MSP HQ for hearings and GCAB meeting nobody checked anyone and they just let us in, didn't even have to sign the visitor log.

I don't recall ever seeing any "law" about it however.

I can tell you that in Maine, there is a LAW and the entire ~15 acre campus that houses ME SP is "off limits" legally. No metal detectors or anything when you enter the building however.

So if you go into Boston Police HQ, where they have a metal detector, do you surrender your firearm or what?

Back
Top Bottom