Methuen police brag on Facebook about raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if they asked about a suppressor (I mean SILENCER!)

- - - Updated - - -

Brown, check.
Muslim sounding name, check.
Asked about a silencer, check.
Bought a commie rifle, check.

Round him up boys.

Playing the race card is uncalled for. They did sell to him the first place, it's not like they called the cops just for him setting foot in the place.

Playing the race card is uncalled for. They did sell to him the first place, it's not like they called the cops just for him setting foot in the place.

Right, I'm sure it had nothing to do with it.

I'm not here to start a debate and will not write any further. But I have to make some things clear! There is way more to the story than you all know. We had NOTHING to do or say about high cap mags. A week prior a Lebanese man from Methuen was DENIED a firearms purchase by the NICS check. A week later another Lebanese man from Methuen came in and bought the same firearms. During that time, they were calling the store everyday for over a week asking us to turn it into a pistol, and put a silencer on it. So, a red flag came up that it was a STRAW purchase. And that is what we reported. Nothing More! And turned out we were right!

Last edited:
I sold a gun to a Lebanese guy once, back in the 90s. It was a Beretta .380. Later he took me out to shoot his AK. It was my first time, and it was fun.

It sounds like it is his legal obligation. Unfortunately, an FFL doesn't get to pick and choose which rules they follow, not if they want to stay in business. Tite Group is the proof of that.

That's one way of looking at it, but I don't think there is per se an obligation... and other way of looking at it was they had a pant shitting moment when they realized someone in the shop may have ****ed up big time and they reported the whole thing as a means of potentially forestalling any action against them by the feds... possibly maybe. [thinking]

-Mike

I sold a gun to a Lebanese guy once, back in the 90s. It was a Beretta .380. Later he took me out to shoot his AK. It was my first time, and it was fun.

You always remember your first time.

I'm still trying to figure out what this guy is guilty of. What he's charged with is bullshit, except maybe the safe storage violation, and that's a bullshit law.

I'm still trying to figure out what this guy is guilty of. What he's charged with is bullshit, except maybe the safe storage violation, and that's a bullshit law.

I'm sure they'll find something.

Wow, that's pretty bad. I didn't say it was just one person, it might have been a whole crew of them. I know when they first opened there were lots of teething problems like this. Denying a legit state ID is kind of mind numbing, though.

-Mike

Precisely why I'm still fuming after a couple of months [frown]

In the long term, karma takes care of such matters.

3 is a "cache" huh? What does it take to make an "arsenal" or a "stockpile"?
I'm pretty sure the media guidelines call for something like this:

1 is unnecessary, 2 is unreasonable, 3 is a cache, 4 is an arsenal, 5 is a stockpile, 6 is anti-human, stark-raving-mad psychopath.

Probably "Contempt of bored law enforcement" or something to that effect, I would imagine.

JBT A: "Hey got any leads we haven't busted anyone in awhile this isn't gonna make our section look good."

JBT B: "I got some leads on some guy that has guns that he's probably not "supposed" to have, it's sorta lame but we can turn it into a big enough confiscation circus to make the boss happy"

JBT A: "OK, lets figure out how to pull the locals in and get them frothed up into a lather, too, over this trivial bullshit, in order to make it look like it's something other than some retarded kid and his dad buying a few guns the "wrong" way. We can generate reports and we can act all cooperative with the town we're operating in at the time. "

-Mike

Last edited:
Probably "Contempt of bored law enforcement" or something to that effect, I would imagine.

JBT A: "Hey got any leads we haven't busted anyone in awhile this isn't gonna make our section look good."

JBT B: "I got some leads on some guy that has guns that he's probably not "supposed" to have, it's sorta lame but we can turn it into a big enough confiscation circus to make the boss happy"

JBT A: "OK, lets figure out how to pull the locals in and get them frothed up into a lather, too, over this trivial bullshit, in order to make it look like it's something other than some retarded kid and his dad buying a few guns the "wrong" way. We can generate reports and we can act all cooperative with the town we're operating in at the time. "

-Mike

Yeah, that's bullshit. So that's probably the right answer here in MA [sad2]

Also, NSF, why the **** would you be posting during an active investigation?

3 is a "cache" huh? What does it take to make an "arsenal" or a "stockpile"?

1 is unnecessary, 2 is unreasonable, 3 is a cache, 4 is an arsenal, 5 is a stockpile, 6 is anti-human, stark-raving-mad psychopath.
"3" is not even a starter cache in my book. That's just a lucky day out shopping.

And where does "armory" fit into the guidelines? I want nothing less than an armory. [wink]

"3" is not even a starter cache in my book. That's just a lucky day out shopping.

And where does "armory" fit into the guidelines? I want nothing less than an armory. [wink]

The police and military have armories. We have caches, stockpiles, and arsenals. Did you read the MSM Playbook? [grin]

Yum - UPS just made a anti-human stark-raving-mad psychopath delivery to my house. I love my C&R [smile]

what I have learned from this thread:

1. NSF will sell you guns if your skin is brown and your name isn't "Brian WhiteBread." But then call the police afterwards because BROWN MUSLIMS.

2. Methuen Police think that banana clips are dangerous and warrant parades of honor if they're apprehended from licensed individuals.

3. Freedom is dead like Zed.

I hope people are taking note here about NSF. It sounds like they are willing to trample your rights as an individual as long as they look good while doing it. (You must be of Middle Eastern decent, you must have a name that they can't pronounce, and you must be dealing with an AKM)

Now I'm off to fight the urge to drive my car into the ocean. Why in the **** do I live in this god damned state? Even the shops that sell you guns want you to be restricted to hell and back.

what I have learned from this thread:

1. NSF will sell you guns if your skin is brown and your name isn't "Brian WhiteBread." But then call the police afterwards because BROWN MUSLIMS.

2. Methuen Police think that banana clips are dangerous and warrant parades of honor if they're apprehended from licensed individuals.

3. Freedom is dead like Zed.

I hope people are taking note here about NSF. It sounds like they are willing to trample your rights as an individual as long as they look good while doing it. (You must be of Middle Eastern decent, you must have a name that they can't pronounce, and you must be dealing with an AKM)

Now I'm off to fight the urge to drive my car into the ocean. Why in the **** do I live in this god damned state? Even the shops that sell you guns want you to be restricted to hell and back.

NoOoOoOo Flintoid, you missed the explanation: if they *suspect* you've *maybe* made a straw purchase from them, after they've sold you the guns (instead of just denying the sale) they get RIGHT on the horn with local PD.

Bonus points if you inquire about things that are legal in other states but not in the PRM.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Good luck getting business from me ever again. I can't believe ignorance of the NFA and the AWB make you a "suspicious" person worthy of ratting out to child murderers like the BATFE.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Fist post here. I live in Methuen and have been watching this story since the MPD posted it on FB. All I can say is that if a real crime was committed here, or planned by the accused, then there should have been more info provided by the Methuen PD. All they had to do was post something to the effect that the mags weren't the problem, that a greater crime was planned, and the investigation was still ongoing. It might have prevented them getting ripped a new one on their FB page.

At the very least, this has made for some entertaining and informative reading.

Glad to be here as a user, and my check is in the mail to become a green member. [thumbsup]

NoOoOoOo Flintoid, you missed the explanation: if they *suspect* you've *maybe* made a straw purchase from them, after they've sold you the guns (instead of just denying the sale) they get RIGHT on the horn with local PD.

I have never heard of NSF and will never shop there, as I stay out of MA when possible. With that said, it sounds like the sale took place between a different salesman than the attempted sale of the individual who was denied by the NICS. There was no suspected straw purchase at the time of sale until another employee found out, hence the sale and not a refusal.

Based on the information I have read, it does sound like something odd was going down. Personally, I don't like the laws we have, or the system we use. The charges seem to be a bunch of crap. But what also sounds like a bunch of crap is accusing NSF of stereotyping, being racist, or generally intolerant of people of Middle Eastern descent. I don't think that has anything to do with anything that went down.

The sale denial of a felon, fake ID, and asking about illegal things repeatedly likely had much more to do with it. But maybe I'm just way off base.

I have never heard of NSF and will never shop there, as I stay out of MA when possible. With that said, it sounds like the sale took place between a different salesman than the attempted sale of the individual who was denied by the NICS. There was no suspected straw purchase at the time of sale until another employee found out, hence the sale and not a refusal.

Based on the information I have read, it does sound like something odd was going down. Personally, I don't like the laws we have, or the system we use. The charges seem to be a bunch of crap. But what also sounds like a bunch of crap is accusing NSF of stereotyping, being racist, or generally intolerant of people of Middle Eastern descent. I don't think that has anything to do with anything that went down.

The sale denial of a felon, fake ID, and asking about illegal things repeatedly likely had much more to do with it. But maybe I'm just way off base.

So, in general, if you see something, say something?

I see "post ban" AKM mags that really look to be pre-ban and 2 rifles that are legal to own in MA. He'll get out of the "post ban mags" easy. He got "dinged" for leaving a gun out on the table. Was unlocked firearm hurting you? Or offensive to you in any way?

If not, then why should he go to jail over a "crime" that hurts no one and harms nothing? No one's freedoms were at risk here. And NSF went out of their way to put this guy under the microscope of law enforcement, because they were "suspicious."

This is bullshit to me. Pure bullshit. And NSF just let everyone know that they're willing to abuse an unwritten power that anyone can hold over anyone else in this great state of massachusetts.

**** NSF. I'm going to re-green myself so I can keep on this forum and remind everyone what they stand for.

I pray to god that you don't have a nosy neighbor that hates you. When you are thrust into the unfortunate situation of being under law enforcement's prying eyes, you will then know how a true lack of freedom feels like.

Last edited:
I pray to god that you don't have a nosy neighbor that hates you. When you are thrust into the unfortunate situation of being under law enforcement's prying eyes, you will then know how a true lack of freedom feels like.

This. I have a mentally disturbed distant cousin who dimed me out to the state cops for my anti-Obama Facebook posts, and a crack I made about getting affordable health care in prison. The state popo contacted my local Chief, who's happens to be a Facebook "friend". Crisis averted ....

So, in general, if you see something, say something?

Not at all. I'm not in the business of selling firearms, but nonetheless, I have no intention of calling police because something might possibly be suspicious. But people have been blatantly mis-characterizing what apparently actually took place. I was not defending them.

I see post ban AKM mags and 2 rifles that are legal to own in MA. He'll get out of the "post ban mags" easy. He got "dinged" for leaving a gun out on the table. Was unlocked firearm hurting you? Or offensive to you in any way?

I specifically mentioned (twice now), that the charges are total BS.

If not, then why should he go to jail over a "crime" that hurts no one and harms nothing? No one's freedoms were at risk here. And NSF went out of their way to put this guy under the microscope of law enforcement, because they were "suspicious."

He shouldn't. I agree. I think the whole situation is pretty jacked up. Saying NSF called the police on him because he is Middle Eastern is dishonest. That was my point.

I hope the same. I may not have been clear, so I'll be clear now. I don't condone calling the police for anything nevertheless because something might be odd. Because I know that it has the great potential of ruining someones life over nothing at all.

Saying NSF called the police on him because he is Middle Eastern is dishonest. That was my point.

You're right, they specified Lebanese. I should have been more specific. Where is Lebanon again?

I'm not here to start a debate and will not write any further. But I have to make some things clear! There is way more to the story than you all know. We had NOTHING to do or say about high cap mags. A week prior a Lebanese man from Methuen was DENIED a firearms purchase by the NICS check. A week later another Lebanese man from Methuen came in and bought the same firearms. During that time, they were calling the store everyday for over a week asking us to turn it into a pistol, and put a silencer on it. So, a red flag came up that it was a STRAW purchase. And that is what we reported. Nothing More! And turned out we were right!

The Middle East. If this is what you are implying, you are indeed being dishonest.

How so?

Why did they feel the need to specify this man's country of origin in their "explanation" of what happened? Obviously it factored into the "suspicion" or else why mention it in the justification?

I don't know anyone from this shop, I've never been to this shop, but from their own posts it seems like they find Lebanese people who ask questions "suspicious." Maybe I'm reading something into it that isn't there. (But then again it IS there so.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom