Middleboro Gun Shop -Middleboro, MA

Middleboro gun shop

I prefer C and F guns, the service is better and the man is much friendlier. Jim gets very very moody........

Last edited:
Been there guys. Powder was expensive prices were not cheap on the firearms, and I got a 50/50 response. When i spent money I was treated differently than just looking. They pretended to know reloading and i had to ask to see a reloading manual to confirm a purchase (they were wrong) They do not get the idea that our backs as a whole are up against a wall and we need to propagate the sport, not discourage it. I have no time for know it alls and gun snobs but being honest we have slim pickings so i visit when I need something. Rarely do you fond a humble knowledgeable gun store owner.

Although the prices are higher than most, I have never had a problem with Jim. I have always found him to be personalble and helpful. Are there better shops out there? Sure there are but when you need something and don't have the time to drive the extra miles, Milddleboro is as good a place as any.

Disclaimer: I have never purchased a firearm from Jim, nor do I plan to in the future. I limit my purchases to reloading components. If I can't find it elsewhere I know he will get it for me.

Last edited:
C&F Guns

I wonder if Jim has ever looked at this thread.... That would be the best thing he could do to increase business. Does anyone have the address of C&F guns in middleboro? Thanks in advance....

I went to Middleboro right after I got my LTC. I thought he was pretty surly, not at all interested in helping a nube with questions. ZHA was great.

I'm going to check out C&F soon.

Fairground Trader has a few used revolvers as of a week ago.Belmont St Brockton across from the Fair Grounds.

I was there and clearly remember you were a little "mifed" as you collectors call it because he wouldn't buy those from you at the price you were looking to get. Remember he's in sales and trying to earn a living doing what he likes instead of collecting weapons that would not sell.....

If just a few of you who have any beef with Jim realized how many idiots walk in there, maybe interupt a sale, ask the same questions over and over or post their one time famoust post because they were not getting Walmart pricing. I look at purchising a weapon like a car, why would you spend all that money and not afford the fuel to go in it.......

Last edited:
FWIW I had a bad experience with the owner a few weeks back. I talked on the phone and was told that he had a decent used 10/22 for $139. I got there and the tag then read $189 and it was beat up and worn. Needless to say that pretty much made up my mind after taking the trip there but I kept my opinion to myself. I left, went to dick's and got a brand new one for $199 (M&M was out of stock but was same price) and ended up buying another stack-on 19 gun safe for a little over $400 which was a steal.

He also had an older 1960's or 70's 10/22 for ~ $500, not sure what they normally go for at that type of age.

That's my .02

This bothers me to even write this. I don't like to discredit any ones business.. BUT... this guy (Jim) doesn't have any clue what so ever about how to run a "people business"... With the my dick is bigger than your dick attitude that he has, he belongs in the back room reloading ammo. What a jerk!

Visit

I stopped in there on my way to the Cape two weeks ago. I figured I would check it out to see if he had any hidden treasures. Had a few nice pieces, not much stock, but enough I guess to get by. There were two salesmen, both were busy with one customer each, talking and talking, but not doing any paperwork. I tried to get a word in to inquire on a nice Mauser pistol in the case, but as one fellow said in an earlier post, I felt invisible. Walked around a little more and walked out. I guess if you are local to this shop you can patronize him when you need things, but I do not need to and can shop elsewhere.

I don't know if this is the case or not in your situation, but I found some dealers are putting aside some ammo for particular handguns that they are selling. They do not want to have a customer come in and go to purchase a handgun and find that they do not have any ammo for it as it could kill the sale. I can see reason in that, but they should put it out of sight if that is the case. It is just getting kinda crazy out there, almost like the stupid beanie baby craze a few years back....people were driving everywhere to get what they wanted and paying stupid prices too. Just plain crazy...get em while you can.

This bothers me to even write this. I don't like to discredit any ones business.. BUT... this guy (Jim) doesn't have any clue what so ever about how to run a "people business"... With the my dick is bigger than your dick attitude that he has, he belongs in the back room reloading ammo. What a jerk!

Being in the customer service field for many years, I have no compunction about bad-mouthing shitty CS.

About a month ago, I went in there to trade in some brass for reloaded ammo. At this store, you save something like 5 bux per box if you bring in the brass.

I had with me, in a bag, about 400 casings of 38 and 357 brass mixed up in ammo boxes. So I went in and sat at the little table that is on the left side of the shop when you walk in, to start sorting the casings into boxes of 50. The guy behind the counter, whomever it was, walked into view from behind it and said to me, "What do you think you're doing?"

I replied, "I'm sorting my brass for a trade-in." He said, "You think you can just come into my shop and sit down like that and do this?"

I was incredulous. I replied, "Well, don't you want any ammo brass to sell ammo with?" He said, "Don't you want any ammo?"

I said, "I didn't see the harm in sitting here to sort my brass."

He just shrugged his shoulders, looked the other way while saying, "Whatever", and walked back out of view.

So I finished sorting my one box, traded it in, and left. BTW, I was the only customer in the shop. It's not like I was asking questions, interrupting a sale, or whatever.

I will never go back there again.

f*** them ALL at that shop. Truly. How can a business expect to survive if it strives to drive off customers by employing a**h***s?

Last edited:
I prefer C and F guns, the service is better and the man is much friendlier. Jim gets very very moody........
+1 I went there to buy a pistol. I was trading in a m&p fs 40 cal. LNIB The guy behind the counter said" I give you $180 for it. I headed for the door. He said" allright I give you $ 200 for it. I kept walking[frown]

Last edited:
He told me he could only give me $150 for my S&W1911 , because he would only be able to sell it for about $400 , has anybody seen his pistol prices , they are about $100-$200 more than other shops depending on what you want. I bet he would have turned around and tried to sell it for $700-$800.
He also gave me a quote on powder ,primers and projectiles to reload 1000 rds of .223 , the price he gave me I could have spent an extra $50 and bought factory new. Anybody going to Middleboro , just drive right by there stay right on rt28 and go down about 10 minutes to CF Guns .
+1 I went there to buy a pistol. I was trading in a m&p fs 40 cal. LNIB The guy behind the counter said" I give you $180 for it. I headed for the door. He said" allright I give you $ 200 for it. I keep walking[frown]

i liked the old owner of the store better could work with him. the person ownes now has no class jim wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading so many negative reviews, I was a little hesitant about visiting the shop, let alone giving him my business.

My experience wasn't bad at all. He answered all my questions and I didn't sense any attitude or negativity.

Must have caught him on a good day I guess.

Middleboro Gun Shop, Middleboro,Ma.

This is the first time in my 61 years that I would complain outwardly in this fashion, but feel we're getting the shaft, in this state, on a regular basis from our politicians, we don't deserve it from one of our own.

I report, You decide..( I love that saying)

We've all had experiences at gun shops, where our stuff is junk or hard to sell, but once it's in a gun shop, it becomes gold, and priced accordingly, however this went to the extreme!!

Saturday went to the Middleboro Gun Shop, to look at a certain firearm that was there for sale. Once there, found it was too rich for me, and started looking around. I spotted two Ruger SS "NEW Model" Vaquero's in 357 Mag. behind the counter and inquired about them. After showing the CWP, they were layed in front of me for inspection. I had been looking for this particular revolver for a while,( in 357 or 45 colt) and was quite interested to say the least, especially finding not one, but two USED ones.

I inquired as to the price, which the response was vague, giving an excuse of having not cleaned them up yet..(hmmmmm interesting)..When pressed as to an actual figure, as I was prepared to buy it then and there. I received a number in the neighborhood of $550...HUHHHHH??? At almost the same moment pulling out a Ruger Catalogue and quoting a SRP of $670 some odd dollars. Ok, There has got to be some mistake, Your talking about the wrong gun..,.

I then explained, that couldn't be right, after all, Bass Pro Shop in Foxboro, Ma. and M.M.'s in Plymouth,Ma. have them in stock, and selling them "NEW" for $519.00.. The answer to that was "I don't know where your getting your numbers from, but your wrong"... At that point, I picked up my cell and dialed M&M's and inquired as to the price of a new Stainless Ruger Vaquero that was at hand in the shop..With the speaker phone on, he quoted the $519. price for all to hear. Not exactly what you might expect or want to happen, however, here we are...Then explaining that Bass Pro deals in greater volume, hence get and sell them cheaper, as does M&M's. REALLY!!??! What do YOU think is a fair price of that gun?? I was asked...I explained that where they sell for $519, $400 would be a fair price, but since I was looking hard for this gun, and one of them was in REAL nice shape, I offered $425 with cash on the counter, right now..Thought for a second, made a face and refused... WOW!!!

It would be interesting to hear what the seller of those used guns got....I wonder if that price was based on that $670. SRP!! I would think closer to $500. for BOTH!! Needless to say, that I left the store, and WON'T BE BACK!!

We do have a happy ending though....I called M&M 's back, and found that they had just got a NEW Ruger SS 4 3/4" 45 colt New Model Vaquero in, for $519. so I went there and bought it..

I have read complaints in the past, high prices are one thing, used prices higher than NEW is a whole different situation. Your the consumer, YOU decide.....I DID!

Last edited:
I've checked out the shop before, and I was treated fairly. Prices were not great, and selection was even less great, but both times that I was there, service was definitely respectable.

Stopped in at Middleboro (I should have know better by now) gun shop I walked in and myself and another guy who was already in there were completely ignored for about 10 minutes. Then he looked at me shrugged his shoulders and left followed by me.
If you are in Middleboro patronize C&F guns or Antique Armory.

Noleman; I don't know this shop, the owner or you. Though he is a competitor of the shop I work at (any shop in MA is a competitor) the price is the price. I say if you don't like it, simply move on. Why start a fuss about a product you know you can get else where for a better price? This is on of the beauties of capitalism, you can sell what you want for whatever and you can do the same with buying. You have the choice to do business as you please, weather your the buyer or seller.

There are certain guns that we don't sell much of in our store and we at times do get complaints on how another gun shop has the same gun cheaper. Our response is, "Well why are you beating me up about this gun then? Take the hour drive go to the other place and buy your gun." We make every effort to sell quality products at reasonable prices, but we will not lose money or break even just to keep you happy. This is how we make our living.

One last question for you. Do you shop at this place frequently? Would you consider yourself a regular paying customer? I'm just curious if he negotiates slightly better with his regular paying customers, then he would with someone he has never seen before, may never see again, or someone who rarely does business with him.

With the deepest respect,
B.J.

Last edited:
been to middleboro gun shop, many many times. Never have had what I want or what I am willing to pay. Also never seem to interested in helping me get what I want.

Im so glad that ACME ARMS(plympton) C&F and Antigue Armoury(middleboro) have come into play. Gives me more choices of local shops. I love Fourseasons, the ride out there is just getting bad.

Middleboro Gun Shop

BJ.....In response to your post, I can understand your comments, being in the business, and certainly just leaving would have been an option. Unfortunently, it's far more than just a high price, walking out the door and heading down the street. This store is in my backyard so to speak. I would be more than happy to patronize his business instead of heading to Brockton, or Post Rd.,Providence area just for gun powder or supplies, So. end New Bedford, or Plymouth...all of which are more the 15 miles from my home, while he is but three. As you read the post of members of this site, you will see that it's not about PRICE, more like his lack of personality, and and true understanding of running a business.

I'm no virgin to sales, or for that matter sales in firearms. Since I was 18years old, I've worked in shops just like this one, and as big as Sports Authority (manager) in Orlando, Florida, to say nothing of 20 year in Law Enforcement. I know people and what it takes to make a sale. Ignoring people, unfair pricing, and a general arrogance, will lose a sale long before any negotiation will take place.

I didn't try to BEAT him up, I thought he had made a mistake, as the price was SO outrageous...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom