Middleboro Gun Shop -Middleboro, MA

Middleboro Gun Shop

BJ...In response to your post, I can understand your comments, being in the business, and certainly just leaving would have been an option. Unfortunently, it's far more than just a high price then down the street. This store is in my backyard so to speak. I would be more than happy to patronize his business instead of heading to Brockton, or Post Rd.,Providence area just for gun powder or supplies, So. end New Bedford, or Plymouth...all of which are more the 15 miles from my home, while he is but three. As you read the post of prior member, you will see that it's not about PRICE, more like his lack of personality, and and true understanding of running a business.

I'm no virgin to sales, or for that matter sales in firearms. Since I was 18years old, I've worked in shops just like this one, and as big as Sports Authority (manager) in Orlando, Florida, to say nothing of 20 year in Law Enforcement. I know people and what it takes to make a sale. Ignoring people, unfair pricing, and a general arrogance, will lose a sale long before negotiation ever take place.

I didn't try to BEAT him up, I thought he had made a mistake, as the price was SO outrageous...and yes I have been in there before, and keep giving him a chance to be my store of choice for my shooting needs, however I doubt he remembers me as he don't even take the time to acknowlege anyone.

I'm not the one trying to make a living from the sales of sporting good, he is..hence he needs me and members on the website a damn sight more than we NEED him, or anybody else who thinks they can deal unfairly with their customers..

I didn't write the post to get into a personal pissing contest, as I said I report, you decide.. For me, and obviously many members of the site, it's our money, and WE'LL decide where and HOW we're going to spend it..IMHO
NOLEMAN

Last edited:
I didn't try to BEAT him up, I thought he had made a mistake, as the price was SO outrageous...
[thinking]
I then explained, that couldn't be right, after all, Bass Pro Shop in Foxboro, Ma. and M.M.'s in Plymouth,Ma. have them in stock, and selling them "NEW" for $519.00.. The answer to that was "I don't know where your getting your numbers from, but your wrong"... At that point, I picked up my cell and dialed M&M's and inquired as to the price of a new Stainless Ruger Vaquero that was at hand in the shop..With the speaker phone on, he quoted the $519. price for all to hear. Not exactly what you might expect or want to happen, however, here we are...Then explaining that Bass Pro deals in greater volume, hence get and sell them cheaper, as does M&M's. REALLY!!??! What do YOU think is a fair price of that gun?? I was asked...I explained that where they sell for $519, $400 would be a fair price, but since I was looking hard for this gun, and one of them was in REAL nice shape, I offered $425 with cash on the counter, right now..Thought for a second, made a face and refused... WOW!!!

Sorry, but if someone tried to call another gunshop from my store for price/product matching and had the speaker phone on, I'd tell him to GTFO and become the other gunshops customer. I wouldn't do that to any of my customers and I would expect them not to do the same. We try to avoid any altercations and do our very best to ensure that our customers leave our place happy but if it's gotten to the point where you have a situation like yours, it's just bad business on both parts.

Again with respect,
B.J.

If I went to your store repeatedly, and was treated like that, you wouldn't have to tell me to GTFO...It was the heat of the moment, him calling me a liar, and I just backed my play, cause NO ONE calls me a liar.. EVER!
With all due respect..Noleman

I think enough has been said on both parts of this issue.. Interesting you never mentioned your store...I'd love to visit to look around for myself, .......without the cell phone...[laugh2]

Last edited:
we went there today for the first time. Walked in, the guy behind the counter was helping another guy. He never looked at us. we looked around for a while. He never said hello or even acted like we were there. A simple "hello" would have done. I saw a Taurus in the case I would probably have bought if his attitude was better. He will never get any of my money. C&F, just down the street is a much better experiance.

PM sent, I don't want to hijack this guy's thread.

Good move Bill. I think it's best when you openly make a comment about a dealer, that you mention you are also a dealer and competitor of many of the people we talk about here.

Especially since you're a Moderator too, and people, especially newbies pay a lot of heed to your posts, it great that you can be above board and still give good information.

+ a few

I must be the only person who gets treated with a friendly hello and lots of help when I visit his store...........
I even leave with free stuff!

Next time tell him to look at this thread!

(And then look at the ones for C&F, Antique Armory, Collectors, First Defense, Four Seasons etc.)

Last edited:
we went there today for the first time. Walked in, the guy behind the counter was helping another guy. He never looked at us. we looked around for a while. He never said hello or even acted like we were there. A simple "hello" would have done.
I had the same thing happen to me when I visted this shop. I also walked out and took my business elsewhere.

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if you guys where talking about the same place or not.

I prefer C and F guns, the service is better and the man is much friendlier. Jim gets very very moody........

I stopped in today with the wife to get her some pepper spray. She can't comfortably or practically carry a pistol at work, but she has a long walk out to a large, dark, isolated parking lot at her new job. Anyhow, the older gentleman was busy helping 2 men, but the younger guy Jim approached us immediately by saying hi and asking if he could do anything for us. Very cheerful and polite. It's been quite a while since I've been in there but the next time I'm nearby I won't hesitate for a second to pop in. The only prices I noticed was a S.A. Milspec or GI 1911 (did't notice the slide serrations) for $650 and the M&Ps for $585. Those may be a tad high but I'm not sure. We paid $500 even for my wife's M&P, on sale from $550 last October.

Last edited:
I just makde the MISTAKE of going in to the Middleboro Gun Shop today because I was in the area. I wished I hadnt wated my time. This place sucks even MORE than it did the last time I went in there a couple of years ago...

The guy that runs it is a jerk and not pleasant at all. Gives you that "bad feeling" that you get from sketchy people like that.

The prices SUCK! and I think are the WORST in the state:
As of today, 3-6-10 he had a bunch of Smith and Wesson M&P's Here is an example:
M&P9 Compact, the last time I checked the gun shops down in south east MA the prices were:
599 at Powderhorn in Hyannis,
570 at Plimoth Bay Outfitters in Plymouth,
and 519 at Northeast Traders in North Attleboro....
This clown in middleboro has them for 730.00!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!

Every SINGLE gun in that place was HORRIBLY overpriced like crazy. USED second Gen Glock 19 with XS Big dot sight and Lasermax rod for over $1000.00. Beat up used second gen glock 23 for 625! I dont know how this place stays in business and furthermore why anyone in their right mind would buy a gun there??? Townies that refuse to get on the highway and go to a store with real prices???

Plus, like I think I said before in a post way back, the guy that runs it has lost all my respect when a few years ago yelled at me for dry firing a semi-auto handgun. I dont know how you can own and run a gun store and be so iggnornat to the items you sell.

I would not advise anyone to waste their time going into this location.

Plus, like I think I said before in a post way back, the guy that runs it has lost all my respect when a few years ago yelled at me for dry firing a semi-auto handgun. I don't know how you can own and run a gun store and be so iggnornat to the items you sell.

Just curious, did you ASK if you could dry fire the gun? There are lots of reasons I would expect an experienced shooter to do that before I just started pulling the trigger. (At least on my guns, but then I don't run a shop.)

I have bought one gun at Middleboro gun shop. It was a highly overpriced Colt Trophy National Match, series 70 that looked like new. I don't know why anyone else shops there, but that old, 1970's deep blue Colt finish is what did it for me.

Last edited:
Stopped in on my way down the cape. The guys were really friendly but prices were very high. A couple of M&P's were $630.00 a WASR-10 was $625.00. If I lived in Middleboro I would be driving to FS or some other place.

Middleboro Gun Shop

All,

I could never imagine buying a gun from Middleboro Gunshop because of the high prices and yet a pristene Carcano fell in my hands for the top price (I reallly was looking for a 6.5..having shot 7.35 ) for 300 bucks.

You will find no bargain at all at this shop..

You will get no warm hugs at this shop.

He made me(Though I had two months ago in his shop bought three trigger locks) spend ten dollars to buy a new trigger lock for the Carcano. Other gunshops had just thrown it in as part of the gun. Just frigging irked me.

He does have a full range of powder for reloading...and a full range of patches,ect.....I was going to reload for my Arisaka and he had the powder so hats off.

Good for minor supplies but Antique Armories or maybe C&F guns are just so much more reasonably priced for the long guns ect.

I'd go there again looking for powder ect...

Old Joe

Last edited:
He is, as required like all gun stores do in the area, provide a lock..I just never saw it broken down seperately before...I guess I just thought the other guys were throwing it in for free after you lay out two or three hundred bucks and it wasn't a law...(I have just started buying again and have only bought eight firearms....)

Jim was certainly within his rights to handle it that way and I was wrong..Live and learn..

Old Joe

I was a regular patron of the Middleboro Gun Shop During the good years when Chuck Fay owned it.I started buying from Chuck when he was selling from the trailer ( before the present location). Being a former school teacher Chuck was prone to doing customer studies on a yearly basis. A couple of years before he sold the shop to Jim, Chuck told me that I was the shops largest customer that year with 22 firearms purchased and sales in eccess of $15000.00 in firearms related purchases.These figures were from Chuck's mouth to my ears. Jim has now owned the shop for 10 years or more. In those ten years I have purchased no guns from Jim and very little to nothing in the way accessories. I gave up trying. High prices and bad attitude were enough to change my purchasing direction. Call me crazy, but I believe that Jim made a mistake when he caused me to shop elsewhere.

Last edited:
you got that right i was doing the same chuck was a great guy to buy from great to work with i do not do bizz there at all jims dad a nice guy he is a marine. just my 2 cents

I went yesterday and my expierience was good. I'm not sure if the clerk was the infamous Jim, but it took some discussion before he warmed up a bit.

Prices were a little on the high side, though not astronomical. All in all, a decent expierence, no complaints.

Stopped in a couple months back to pick up some PBA gold pellets and a small bore cleaning kit for my air rifle. Prices were pretty high, but the guy behind the counter was nice enough. Very informative as well. Got a fair amount of info from him regarding the basic firearms safety course, which he runs out of there Tuesday nights. Some of the guys at work say C&F is superior in terms of pricing and selection, though I have yet to stop in there. Didn't even know it existed until a couple weeks ago.

i went there a while back and there was not really any pistols or rifles to be seen...there wasnt even any ammo...why are places like this still in business ?? i went to another gun shop close by and they were stocked with everything...

Only reason I can think of is they own the property and make money of the lease of the restaurant? Even before the problems with obama they never had anything I wanted or seemed willing to get it?

There is Nothing ever in the store and I love getting a attitude for asking a simple question. stoped in one day to grab a uncle mike's
holster for my glock 30s and jim went out of his mind as to where I got that gun in mass.. I guess I should've bought the only pistol in the store a m&p 9c for 629.00. I'm all set with jim, his Crazy prices and empty store. Plenty of other good shops in the area to spend my money and not get intergrated on where I buy my guns from. Also I heard him tell someone on the phone he carges 60.00 for A tranfer! Go a few min up the road and pay 20.00.

Last edited:
I stopped by the store about a month ago looking for ammo. The guy behind the counter made it clear that he was doing me a favor by speaking to me. When I asked if he had 223, he just pointed. Great customer service. I didn't spend any money there...

Back
Top Bottom