• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Military Arms (e.g. M1 and 1911) 2-gun match: May 29, 2011

Doh! My anniversary is that weekend... Oops, nevermind

I suppose that could be more important than a run and gun with the M1 and friends... Have a great anniversary celebration- maybe do the match together for a unique anniversary? lol

If all goes well I expect to do it again so, there could be a next time.

Hi;
Just did a search for M1 Carbine, and saw your post.
Sounds like fun.
I will see if I can make it with an M1 Carbine and 1911 A-O .45
Thanks

Hi;
Just did a search for M1 Carbine, and saw your post.
Sounds like fun.
I will see if I can make it with an M1 Carbine and 1911 A-O .45
Thanks

Hi Ken,

If you think you can make it and don't have a copy of the pre-registration form please email me and I will send it out ASAP.
Looks like we will have a good group of folks to take the old guns out for a spin, hope you can join us.

I was figuring on showing up to get a feel for how these events go... do I need to sign up/register for that?
Of course I am interested in participating I just don't want to the loser that does not know what the hell he is doing :)

I emailed [email protected] also for answer -thanks

Well neither Adam nor I have ever done ANY sort of IDPA/IPSC shooting - Bullseye & CMP competitions only, so count us in as utter newbs at this as well. I'll happily go first amongst the rookies; I've got plenty of experience at looking stupid in front of other people.

Of course I am interested in participating I just don't want to the loser that does not know what the hell he is doing :)

Don't worry about that, seriously.

Everybody has to start somewhere. Nobody cares how well you can or can not shoot. The only thing that matters is you have safe gun handling skills. There will likely be a good mix of experienced action shooters and shooters who are new to this type of event so you may see some people moving and shooting quickly. Take your time and perform at a pace with which you are comfortable and you will have a great time - guaranteed.

If you are uncomfortable doing any of the shooting activites during a stage, let the range officer know so they can plan a work around. No question is a bad question. If you have any - ask them! There will be plenty of folks willing to help if you reach out to them - especially the range officers.

Last edited:
Looks like I should register on up then... I do have a BBQ around 2-3pm that afternoon. How long do these shoots usually go? 3-4 hours?

*I registered so I am excited to give it a go :)

Last edited:
I'd love to do this, the thing is I am short one gun I have no service type pistol... I do however have the sweetest GI version M1A that I just picked up..

This sounds like a great time. Just emailed Mars for registration.

I'll be bringing a Garand, and a 1911. How many magazines will I need for the pistol?

How do you guys carry your spare clips?
(I'm referring to en-bloc clips, I have magazine pouches for pistol reloads)

This sounds like a great time. Just emailed Mars for registration.

I'll be bringing a Garand, and a 1911. How many magazines will I need for the pistol?

How do you guys carry your spare clips?
(I'm referring to en-bloc clips, I have magazine pouches for pistol reloads)

I found an inexpensive and new manufacture M1 mag pouch at IMSplus.com but the CMP has surplus ones and unlikely to ship in time. They are hard to find but pretty much any small "pouch" like holder on an old army web belt would do. You should plan on three mags just in case you oh, my...maybe miss a shot. there will be at least a reload for each "objective".

Here's what I use:

019374962265xl.jpg

It slides right on your belt, and works great. It stuck with my during a USPSA run-and-gun, and nary a clip fell out, or even came close. Best of all, it's less than $10 at Lowes.

I think I am still 20 rounds or so short for my M1 Garand - can't find any surplus around when I was looking last weekend.

I think I am still 20 rounds or so short for my M1 Garand - can't find any surplus around when I was looking last weekend.

If anyone is going to attend from the SoNH area, I'll send a couple of boxes of Greek 30-06 south to cover you on this. Just need to figure a way to get it to you.

If anyone is going to attend from the SoNH area, I'll send a couple of boxes of Greek 30-06 south to cover you on this. Just need to figure a way to get it to you.

I am from Haverhill I could try meet up with you sometime tomorrow if at all possible - and I will reimburse for the cost thanks :)

Weather forecast looks great, sunny and 80. How many competitors are expected?

I'll be there, danboSMASH will be there but she will not be shooting, cannot wait. Little upset, ran into some problems with my 1911 and it has to go to a gunsmith so I had to borrow my friends Springfield TRP operator. Oh well [grin]

Back
Top Bottom