Missing 411

"5. Maura had accidentally hit and run Petrit Vasi, another student, a couple of days earlier."

That's interesting. I hadn't heard that aspect of the story before.

What is IIRS?

That's pretty crazy that you have so many missing people in your family. I didn't realize that it was a common thing. Maybe just a weird coincidence?

The Petrit Vasi thing appeared only in the GeoCities comment by an anonymous author.

Petrit Vasi was the victim of a hit and run. The driver was never caught/found.

IIRC - if I remember correctly.

If Maura were living in Quebec as a housewife and mother I think she could be invisible to the matrix, maybe with a new identity.

Last edited:
I have been seeing a lot of strange things happen lately, that I would never expect would happen in reality. My good friend, who I spoke to everyday, and was totally fine, supposidely went into the woods and committed suicide. I texted with him the morning that he committed suicide and he sounded totally fine, talking about the same stuff we always BSed about. No cause for alarm, and then a couple hours later he's found dead in the woods with a gun. I suspect foul play via his wife, but I have no proof and I'm not Angela Lansberry. There was no autopsy performed on the body, and it was cremeated immediately, which seems quite suspicious. A state trooper friend of mine said that if there's a suicide there's always an autopsy by default and the suicide is investigated by default. My guess is that the wife hired a "professional" and did the job, and the professional new a coroner who could be paid off. But, I might be wrong. I can't accuse her of anything, especially if the story is true. I'd look like a real ass accusing his wife fowl play and she's just a grieving widow. But I'm very suspicious of the whole thing. It doesn't add up. It's like an alternate universe when something that you see on Unsolved Mysteries happens in your real life. It's OK to watch it on TV, but when it happens in reality, it's disturbing. It makes you wonder.

The Petrit Vasi thing appeared only in the GeoCities comment by an anonymous author.

If Maura were living in Quebec as a housewife and mother I think she could be invisible to the matrix, probably with a new identity.
Wow - That's crazy. I wonder how close February 6, 2004 is to the date she went missing. Maybe she hit him accidentally, and then took his money and credit card?

Wow - That's crazy. I wonder how close February 6, 2004 is to the date she went missing. Maybe she hit him accidentally, and then took his money and credit card?

I think the credit card thing came first, then she wrecked her father's new car - fact - met someone new in a bar and if she did in fact hit Petrit Vasi - unknown - I could see how all of that could have pushed her over the edge.

Maura disappeared on Monday, February 9th, 2004, three days after Petrit Vasi was run over.

As I said before, having had a cousin who did the exact same thing, seeing how events had piled up against her and hearing first hand from Patrick M that her father "pushed her way too hard," my gut says she was not murdered.

Last edited:

If Maura were living in Quebec as a housewife and mother I think she could be invisible to the matrix, probably with a new identity.

Sorry, I had read that link that you provided too quickly. That is actually quite crazy. I didn't read that first sentence where they state that they think the poster on GeoCities is actually Maura. She is just referring to herself in the 3rd person. The mention of the nursing student short hand is interesting. Also, I don't think anyone else would have been able to connect the dots between her hitting this kid. Does anyone really know about that? Does her father even know about that?

"Fred was not happy with Maura to put it mildly. What happened in this motel room we’ll never know. The next day Maura left for good." <-- This sentence struck me as odd. It sounds like the person writing it either knows what happened in the motel room, they know more than their telling, or Maura told them or implied to the person what happened.

I think the credit card thing came first, then she wrecked her father's new car - fact - met someone new in a bar and if she did in fact hit Petrit Vasi - unknown - I could see how all of that could have pushed her over the edge.

Maura disappeared on Monday, February 9th, 2004, three days after Petrit Vasi was run over.

As I said before, having had a cousin who did the exact same thing, and hearing first hand from Patrick M that her father "pushed her way too hard," my gut says she was not murdered.

It seems pretty likely that she did hit Petrit. The timing is too coincidental. Maybe she is ashamed that she ran away, and she's been gone too long to admit to it now. Maybe she feels like she would be a huge embarrassment to her family and herself if she came forward. If she did have an A-type personality, that kind of embarressment might be too much for her to handle. She would be on the national news, she would be chased down by reporters, she might be arrested. I could see how that could drive someone into permanent hiding.

After you've hidden something from people for so long, it becomes part of your lifestyle. She probably accepts that she is a different person now, and she has this dark secret in her background, and she just can't face up to it. Her whole life, everyone expected her to be perfect, and for her to admit that she hit some kid and then ran away, and then assumed a fake personality for almost 20 years is too much for her to face. She needs to keep to her story at this point.

I have always thought that she ran away, like I said if you knew the way her father was then having that stuff happen the stolen CC, the crash of his car and if it was her that hit the other guy the old man would’ve lost his mind. He would push and push for perfection for Maura and her sister Julie. It just seemed like she was heading for the border, no one has said why she was in NH in the first place and with all the events that had just happened she thought it was time to get out of dodge

Sorry, I had read that link that you provided too quickly. That is actually quite crazy. I didn't read that first sentence where they state that they think the poster on GeoCities is actually Maura. She is just referring to herself in the 3rd person. The mention of the nursing student short hand is interesting. Also, I don't think anyone else would have been able to connect the dots between her hitting this kid. Does anyone really know about that? Does her father even know about that?

"Fred was not happy with Maura to put it mildly. What happened in this motel room we’ll never know. The next day Maura left for good." <-- This sentence struck me as odd. It sounds like the person writing it either knows what happened in the motel room, they know more than their telling, or Maura told them or implied to the person what happened.

Exactly. It's quite plausible Maura herself made the GeoCities post.

I have always thought that she ran away, like I said if you knew the way her father was then having that stuff happen the stolen CC, the crash of his car and if it was her that hit the other guy the old man would’ve lost his mind. He would push and push for perfection for Maura and her sister Julie. It just seemed like she was heading for the border, no one has said why she was in NH in the first place and with all the events that had just happened she thought it was time to get out of dodge

That's really interesting. The NH thing makes sense all of a sudden if she was heading for the border. We're obviously dealing with an extremely intelligent person here.

Exactly. It's quite plausible Maura herself made the GeoCities post.

There are 7 facts in that GeoCities post that are facts that only Maura could have known:

1. Maura Murray is NOT a Missing Person

2. Maura Murray has the right as every independent adult does to leave with her new boyfriend and start a new life. Maura is living a content and satisfying life in the Province of Quebec.

3. Maura had met someone new, who unlike William Rausch, had no West Point connections and therefore was not a constant reminder to her of her failure at West Point.

4. Sometime between 12 MN and 1 AM Maura driving her Saturn struck and critically injured the UMass student Petrit Vasi leaving him for dead.

5. Around 1 AM – 1:20 AM Feb 6 Maura had a complete emotional breakdown brought on by this hit and run accident.

6. Fred was not happy with Maura to put it mildly. What happened in this motel room we’ll never know. The next day Maura left for good.

7. Maura needed to disguise the evidence of the Petrit Vasi hit and run by staging another accident for the purpose of covering up the damage to her car from the Vasi hit and run. She and her new boyfriend travelled in tandem to Route 112 in NH (He was already in Southern NH). The accident was staged, she left her Saturn, walked down the road to where her boyfriend was waiting for her in his car. She disappeared, her only wish is that she be left alone to live her life in peace.

That website is starting to paint a totally different picture of this case.

Fred refused to be interviewed by state-police homicide detectives for 2 years and when he did, he brought 2 lawyers with him.

A week before she went missing, Maura placed a call to the home of a woman in Weymouth, whose job was investigating claims of child abuse.

"Fred was not happy with Maura to put it mildly. What happened in this motel room we’ll never know. The next day Maura left for good."

The fact that Fred refused to be interviewed by police for 2 years and then showed up with 2 lawyers, and the fact that Maura placed a call with a child abuse worker in Weymouth, and the fact that, perhaps Maura, said "What happened in this motel room we’ll never know." kind of leads you to a conclusion that there may have been sexual abuse that took place, which forced Maura to run away.

If this occurred, it would make sense why Maura would feel the need to "start a new life", and she would have no remorse about never contacting her family again. It would also explain why Fred would want people to think that his daughter was killed. Maybe Fred knows that she ran away, but he wants it to remain like that because the true story would come out and he would be an internationally known sexual predator and would probably be arrested and thrown in jail.

"That's pretty crazy that you have so many missing people in your family. I didn't realize that it was a common thing. Maybe just a weird coincidence?

After my great grandmother left and got on a boat for New York (from the UK), her abandoned husband then abandoned their three children, two girls and a boy, in turn. There were no social services at the time and though the two girls were each taken in by different relatives, the youngest child, a boy, was given to "a missionary family who lived down the street."

The boy disappeared, no-one knows what happened to him. My grandmother, one of the two abandoned girls, never forgave herself for losing her little brother.

Last edited:
After my great grandmother left and got on a boat for New York (from the UK), her abandoned husband then abandoned their three children, two girls and a boy, in turn. There were no social services at the time and the youngest child, a boy, was given to "a missionary family who lived down the street."

The boy disappeared, no-one knows what happened to him. My grandmother, one of the two abandoned girls, never forgave herself for losing her little brother.

Wow. That's crazy. Very sad too.

If this is what happened, Maura probably doesn't want to be found. Although she probably hates her father, she probably doesn't want him to be thrown in jail. Fred probably also doesn't actually want Maura to be found, because then he would be an embarrassment and probably thrown in jail.

After my great grandmother left and got on a boat for New York (from the UK), her abandoned husband then abandoned their three children, two girls and a boy, in turn. There were no social services at the time and the youngest child, a boy, was given to "a missionary family who lived down the street."

What happened to the two girls? One was your grandmother. What happened to the other one?

So were you born in the UK, and then emigrated to the US all by yourself?

lol. Ballzy is my middle name. :)

Anyway, my great grandmother did it around 1900, so how hard could it be?

Did you get married and have a family of your own, or were you like, no way, after you saw what your other family was like?

Did you get married and have a family of your own, or were you like, no way, after you saw what your other family was like?

Buy me dinner and a few drinks and I think I just might be available. :)

Seriously, yes I got married, had a family, and righted all the wrongs done to me with my own kids.

Last edited:
Buy me dinner and a few drinks and I think I just might be available. :)

Seriously, yes I got married, had a family, and righted all the wrongs done to me with my own kids.

My wife married me because she thought I was ballzy, btw. lol.
My friend did the same thing. He said he didn't like his family, so he started his own.

In any case, I think this is a pretty new, and somewhat likely perspective on the Maura Murray case. If this is, in fact, what happened, it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I had researched this case for years, and it really bothered me. But, if this is, in fact, what happened, I actually think Maura did the right thing, and I kind of feel like I shouldn't pry into her personal affairs and leave well enough alone.

Back
Top Bottom