Moving Next Weekend

I'm moving to Newburyport next week, and I really don't want my new neighbors to know I have guns. My question to you guys is, what is a good way to discreet carry a full stock AK to/from my car. I'm thinking a guitar case would work. Any suggestions/experience with this?

Roll it up in a blanket and walk it into the dwelling with some pillows and other blankets.

With the proper type of pants, you should be able to stuff it down the leg.

Then just march on in like u iz da badest mofo in da hood

I'm moving to Newburyport next week, and I really don't want my new neighbors to know I have guns. My question to you guys is, what is a good way to discreet carry a full stock AK to/from my car. I'm thinking a guitar case would work. Any suggestions/experience with this?

I'm a fan of the "Kingson 16-rifle pink coffin safe"
.The collapsable aluminum gurney(optional) is ideal for moving your collection

DSC03540.jpg

I'm not going to have a problem moving it there, I'll just throw it in a box or something. I was worried about going to the range, I don't want the neighbors to get too nosey.

I lived with two very nosy neighbors. I got in the habit of using soft rifle cases and just putting them in giant black contractor's bags. If you carry them under your arm, or over your shoulder, you are just carrying black shapeless things, and you will fool the average observer for a while. I did. I know a real gun person would have spotted me instantly, but I would like to think I had nothing to hide from them.

If you are really serious, you could try a golf club bag, complete with a few clubs. Maybe an old used set off Craig's list. Put the rifle in butt-down. If the rifle barrel sticks out, throw a "head cover" over the end. If anyone asks, you are just going to the range (driving range that is) to hit a few balls (which explains why you are never gone for as long as it takes to play 18 holes).
Your neighbors may start wanting to go play golf with you though... [rofl]

Why do you care what they think? You have the legal right to own it and transport it per the regs. Its none of their business and if they dont like it tell them to go screw.

If Deval manages to pass H4102, there will be a list of all gun owners' names and addresses supposedly for the benefit of the state's FFL holders. It will be a secret until it gets hacked, then everyone will know who has guns - and who doesn't.

If you wish for a golf club bag...I can give you one,with the clubs.And I live local.With that said.I myself would just walk them in,and if they don't like it,pehaps they should move.

I'm in agreement with Yosemite, you're not breaking the law, you have a legal right to own them, to hell with what the neighbors think.

Y'know, the OP might also be worried about his security, too - trying not to advertise to the neighbors that he's a gun owner so that so one gets the idea to break in and help themselves to his firearms. Just sayin'.

Or he might just want to get along with screamingly liberal neighbors without being confrontational. Shocking thought, I know, but maybe he doesn't want to be GOAL's posterboy in his neighborhood.

Y'know, the OP might also be worried about his security, too - trying not to advertise to the neighbors that he's a gun owner so that so one gets the idea to break in and help themselves to his firearms. Just sayin'.

Or he might just want to get along with screamingly liberal neighbors without being confrontational. Shocking thought, I know, but maybe he doesn't want to be GOAL's posterboy in his neighborhood.

You're right Dwarven, I just get frustrated the we, as gun owners, need to hide in the shadows of society because we choose to exercise our rights, that we should have to speak in hushed tones because we dare to do what our Founders felt was an inalienable right.

It just sickens me.

Thats about right Dwarwen1. It's a pretty nice neighborhood, but you never know whose watching. And it's in a condo building, so I'm not sure how the existing tenants will react and possibly cause problems for me with the landlord.

You're right Dwarven, I just get frustrated the we, as gun owners, need to hide in the shadows of society because we choose to exercise our rights, that we should have to speak in hushed tones because we dare to do what our Founders felt was an inalienable right.

It just sickens me.

I hear you loud and clear - it nauseates me, too. But then, with my gray hair I've become more than a bit crotchety and insistent on being able to exercise my rights. BUT... I own my own home and have an attached garage, so no one that I don't want to know I have guns would see me loading my car. I can afford to be crotchety about it. The OP is moving into a condo, I see... so he's got to get along with folks.

I don't care what the neighbors think.
But your neighbors also can't even see your driveway, Dennis. And you're even older and more crotchety than I am, anyway! [wink]

I'd think a "wardrobe box" from your local U-haul dealer would be sufficiently long enough, and also roomy enough to enclose even cased guns (except for maybe the good old Barrett M82A1). If not you could pad out the collection with old clothes.

Back
Top Bottom