My Bushmaster - Thoughts?

Hey all,

So I built a Bushmaster XM15 E2S (M4 style).

Includes:
Quad rail
Bipod
UTG laser/flashlight combo w/ pressure switches
Magpul stock and front grip
Burris TAC30 Scope with FastFire III Red Dot (PEPR mounted on a non-removable carry handle)

Thoughts on this build? Going to use mainly for CQB.

Thanks [smile]

Last edited:
someone will be long in a moment to say the threads useless without pics haha which i can agree with but sounds nice

A2 Carbine with bipod & magnified glass ? Strip everything you can and buy ammo....
"but thats, like , just my opinion , man."

Everyones gun is a reflection of their thought process , hopefully. I assume you carry 20 round mags if you're using a bipod , or a really tall bipod ? do you have a carry system for 20's , cause most of the industry sells stuff for 30''s ?

Does this close quarter gun have a sling ?

As long as you are happy and feel confident that is all that matters. IMO i wouldn't trust it.

I bought my BM XM15 in 2009 stock, have not done anything (meaning upgrades) to it and have at least 10K rounds and probably closer to 15K through it. Aside from changing the wearable parts, I have never had any issues with mine. I changed parts because that's what someone told me to after XX amount of rounds, extractor, bolt assembly, etc. They said I should change the barrel after 6K, but I didn't. I'm not shooting competition or anything, but it fires every time and hits the paper.

Hey all,

Includes:
Quad rail
Bipod
Burris TAC30 Scope with FastFire III Red Dot (PEPR mounted on a non-removable carry handle)

Thanks [smile]

Ditch the Scope, leave the red dot, ditch the bipod. Go the SBR route if you want most maneuverability with a carbine, but if not, I'd say cut that barrel down to 14.5 and perm attached a muzzle break with at least a 2.25" OAL for a 16.25" barrel length without having to NFA it.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Includes:
Quad rail
Bipod

Thanks [smile]

Yeah. I guess you need to decide what it's meant to do. I put together M&P 15t's for department with magnifier, and bipod, but those are only on it if an officer is assigned to a fixed post for a big event, otherwise they are OFF. If it's your 'CQB' TERIYAKI SHHHHHHHTF BOB TROLOLO gun, I would get a flattop, decent stock, decent light, and decent red dot(If you can't hit center mass at 100 yards with one, get out of gun game), and a Vickers padded sling. I LOVE mine. I am falling out of love with single point slings... and by falling out... I mean I never really was in.

avy4y2uh.jpg

This is what I built for a combat rifle or what ever you wanna call it . Keep it stupid simple. Yeah it's a 16 barrel with a muzzel device but I don't see my self running and gunning . If shtf I can always go grab a hack saw cause at that point Nfa means shit. When I see a deal ill get a red dot or some some thing for it .

My next ar I'm building gonna be a dmr style heavy barrel bipod scope etc.

Back
Top Bottom