My self built .40 Limited Para

Here it is. Older Para frame, STI slide, Barsto barrel. Tripp plating. I did all the machine work and fitting. I did have to be rescued by my friend Dan S when I got a little aggresive while fitting the bottom lugs. He also put up with a ton of questions and pointers. What do you guys think? I'll take all comments good bad and ugly.....

para40t2.jpg

para40t.jpg

para40l.jpg

para40b.jpg

it looks fantastic! :D
but my anal retentive side must add, its seems sort of sacrilege to have done all that fine machine work and hand fitting to just unevenly apply grip tape to it. Seems tantamount to putting vinly seats in a ferrari :p

Hamar said:
Yeah, I hear ya..but I stink at hanging wall paper too.....That grip tape will be changed. I just couldnt wait to post it.

looks awesome any way you shake it!
let us know how it fires [twisted]

Thanks for the kind words. However, I will not be using any grips. I do not like how wide the Para feels with grips on it. Kind of like grabbing a 2x4. With just the grip tape on it, it feels great. I'm hoping to get a few rounds through it this weekend.

I like the grip tape. I've shaved the checkering off my STIs and use TruGrip replaceable grip pieces. I've got it on my Glocks and CZ too. A fresh piece literally makes the gun feel more controlable. It gets real pretty too when the skin starts shaving off where you grip the gun.

A fit BarSto and a master class shooter like Hal? I bet the groups will be pretty small. Is that a bull or a bushing barrel? The STI slide for my next gun just came in the mail. It has to go on a diet and lose 3oz.

It gets better, with a USPSA Limited divsion legal Dawson mag extension, Hamar will be getting 20 rounds in the Para .40 mag (20 plus one in the tube to start a stage).

Hal is using STI tubes for the Para. The only difference between those and regular STI tubes is the mag catch cut. With a Dawson +1 base, Gram's spring and follower, I get 19 in the mags. I'm not sure if the +2 would make the length limit, probably not.

No, that wouldn't make the length limit. I had some of those tubes and some of the factory Para mags too. You get more in the Para but the STI-Para are more reliable because of the different feed lip design. I rather have the reliablity than the extra round. Todd Jarrett, the Para sponsored shooter, actually uses the STI-Para tube when he is doing those demos on the Sighting In TV show.

WooHoo! I got a chance to get out and test fire and sight this in today! At first it had a couple of failure to ejects so i tweaked the extractor a bit a couple times and solved that. It fed everything great! Got it sighted in and ran about 100 rounds down range to break it in a bit. Before I left I wanted to see how it grouped. I loaded up the last 7 rounds I had, Shooting offhand standing using the range lane divider for stability I slowly shot my group. It ended up being just slightly under 1 inch at 50ft. It shot a bit to the left so another click of the rear sight blade and I should be all set.

Seeing that I built this myself I was excited that it didnt just blow up on me on the first shot. I'm pretty stoked about it now! I'll use this tomorrow in its first IPSC match.

Back
Top Bottom