• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Navy Seal killed in Ukraine…

The US government hires private contractors, who are mostly ex-US military but then asked if they have any soldiers on the ground they say no because technically they don’t
My former neighbor at Old Town Village was a SF Combat Engineer in 10th Grp and when Devens closed they moved to FT. Carson in CO. Jack Stallings retired just before 9/11 and was working as a hunting guide until the attack. I heard he was "contracting" for Blackwater in Iraq and making big money, never heard from him again after that. His wife was a German bitch he met when stationed in Germany.

The US government hires private contractors, who are mostly ex-US military but then asked if they have any soldiers on the ground they say no because technically they don’t
Yeah, so here’s another piece that doesn’t fit. Dude has an ex-wife and 4 kids and is enlisted… i.e. he’s likely broke between child support and alimony. So what does he do? He ups and goes AWOL to fight in Ukraine where they are taking volunteers. So you leave your tier 1 operator unit where you get plenty of action, all the best equipment, and collect a paycheck for… wait for it: a shit show of a combat zone with zero pay and limited benefits to your kids if you die. Who does that math and says yep?

A more likely scenario: some spook from Langley recruits a SEAL for a clandestine operation in Ukraine, promises lots of bonus/danger pay and says if you get caught, we have to disavow you, but your kids will be taken care of. Which is more likely?

Yeah, so here’s another piece that doesn’t fit. Dude has an ex-wife and 4 kids and is enlisted… i.e. he’s likely broke between child support and alimony. So what does he do? He ups and goes AWOL to fight in Ukraine where they are taking volunteers. So you leave your tier 1 operator unit where you get plenty of action, all the best equipment, and collect a paycheck for… wait for it: a shit show of a combat zone with zero pay and limited benefits to your kids if you die. Who does that math and says yep?

A more likely scenario: some spook from Langley recruits a SEAL for a clandestine operation in Ukraine, promises lots of bonus/danger pay and says if you get caught, we have to disavow you, but your kids will be taken care of. Which is more likely?
The question is…will he get a star on the wall??

Im 100% not sure they are actual Brens. I remember reading on IG that they were contract built in the Ukraine for their military and were 556. And on top of that most weren’t issued prior to the war due to a lack of mags and 556, so they only went to SF and other top tier units.

At the same time, hold at about a 50% truth, cause, like I said I’m not 100% sure. It could have been a different rifle. But, I will say I’ve been following a lot of OSINT since the war started, and over the last few months a lot of the moderately equipped units have mostly been using these rifles.

The A-10 would be shot out of the sky in Ukraine. It is the wrong aircraft for Ukraine.

Ukraine does not have air dominance the way we did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Russia has many S-300 and S-400 SAM systems. If the A-10 flew at medium or high altitudes, it would be shot down by SAMs or by Russian fighters with long range radar Guided missiles operating behind Russian lines.

If the A-10s attacked at low level, they would be hit by manpads and by long-range radar guided missiles from Russian fighters (they have good look-down radars). The equivalent Soviet fighter, the SU-25, has taken very heavy losses in both Russian and Ukrainian service.

Last edited:
The A-10 would be shot out of the sky in Ukraine. It is the wrong aircraft for Ukraine.

Ukraine does not have air dominance the way we did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Russia has many S-300 and S-400 SAM systems. If the A-10 flew at medium or high altitudes, it would be shot down by SAMs or by Russian fighters with long range radar Guided missiles operating behind Russian lines.

If the A-10s attacked at low level, they would be hit by manpads and by long-range radar guided missiles from Russian fighters (they have good look-down radars). The equivalent Soviet fighter, the SU-25, has taken very losses in both Russian and Ukrainian service.

Yes.

You don't use A10s in nonpermissive airspace.

Im 100% not sure they are actual Brens. I remember reading on IG that they were contract built in the Ukraine for their military and were 556. And on top of that most weren’t issued prior to the war due to a lack of mags and 556, so they only went to SF and other top tier units.
You are thinking of Tavors.

If the A-10s attacked at low level, they would be hit by manpads and by long-range radar guided missiles from Russian fighters (they have good look-down radars). The equivalent Soviet fighter, the SU-25, has taken very heavy losses in both Russian and Ukrainian service.
Several months ago, I posted a video about this in the Ukraine thread and a bunch of people sh*t on me because "don't you dare say the almighty A-10 can't do something".

The A10 has been obsolete for near peer warfare for decades, which is part of why some people keep trying to scrap them.

It was a stroke of fate that they found a second life in the GWOT.

We have absolutely no business in Eastern Europe though. Why does the US need to teach Ukraine about buttsex?

The A10 has been obsolete for near peer warfare for decades, which is part of why some people keep trying to scrap them.

It was a stroke of fate that they found a second life in the GWOT.

We have absolutely no business in Eastern Europe though. Why does the US need to teach Ukraine about buttsex?
The USA has been spreading buttsex over the globe for decades. Don't like buttsex? We're coming for you!

“KEY FACTS
Daniel Swift, who served as a Navy special warfare operator first class until 2019, reportedly died Thursday after being injured earlier in the week fighting alongside Ukrainian troops in the city of Bakhmut, which has been the site of intense battles.

Swift reportedly suffered a severe head wound from Russian strikes in the battle that left him in critical condition before his death.

Swift received an Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal and Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal before being listed an “active deserter” starting on March 11, 2019, according to Time.

A month later, a warrant was issued in San Diego for Swift’s arrest on a false imprisonment charge relating to a divorce, according to Rolling Stone.

Adam Thiemann, a former U.S. Army Ranger who fought alongside Swift in Ukraine, told Rolling Stone the former SEAL arrived in Ukraine without any equipment, saying he “used duct tape to tape armored plates to his chest and back” until he was given proper gear.

The State Department in a statement acknowledged “the recent death of a U.S. citizen fighting in Ukraine,” but did not provide a name, while the Pentagon and Office of the Director of National Intelligence did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Forbes.

We need to take out Prigozhin and the Wagner Group NOW. Trump killed hundreds of them in Syria in 2018 I believe and they are targets of opportunity now since they are concentrated around Bakhmut. Give the Ukrainians the firepower to engage and kill all the convicts/Mercenaries now, if they succeeded the Russians would be stuck in a fight they can't win.
It's becoming abundantly clear that the Ukrainians need a lot more than equipment, the world's best intel, and hundreds of billions of dollars to push out Russia (and China).

...before being listed an “active deserter” starting on March 11, 2019, according to Time.

A month later, a warrant was issued in San Diego for Swift’s arrest on a false imprisonment charge relating to a divorce, according to Rolling Stone.

This is an interesting tidbit.

Adam Thiemann, a former U.S. Army Ranger who fought alongside Swift in Ukraine, told Rolling Stone the former SEAL arrived in Ukraine without any equipment, saying he “used duct tape to tape armored plates to his chest and back” until he was given proper gear.

And so is this.

I've never been clear on the line between "AWOL" and "deserter." I do know that UCMJ punishes people much more severely for AWOL in conjunction with a missed unit movement, but it's not often you hear the word "deserter" thrown around anymore.

I don't think it's inconceivable for a guy with his background, and to have gotten so f$_&ed in a divorce with custody and support/alimony and feeling like control of his life was taken away by an unfair court system to just say f&$# it I'm going to leave and go fight in Ukraine

Once again, just like with that [alleged] murderer from Cohasset, the MGTOW thread missed out on some kool posts from a kool guy...

I don't think it's inconceivable for a guy with his background, and to have gotten so f$_&ed in a divorce with custody and support/alimony and feeling like control of his life was taken away by an unfair court system to just say f&$# it I'm going to leave and go fight in Ukraine
Im sure there are more than we know of.

Im sure there are more than we know of.

But I'm not sure why we'd know.

If these are private citizens going over there, they're under no obligation to tell the rest of us. And if they're spooks? Well, we probably won't know about that either, unless the OGAs choose to tell us.

Hey, Davey Crockett went to fight at the Alamo for another country's independence and he was a hero. I know because I saw it on TV as a kid when the show was on once per week. This is the same but different.

I've never been clear on the line between "AWOL" and "deserter." I do know that UCMJ punishes people much more severely for AWOL in conjunction with a missed unit movement, but it's not often you hear the word "deserter" thrown around anymore.
"Absent without Leave" is a term in the UCMJ widely used in the Army for Article 86, and is called "Unauthorized Absence" (shortened to "UA") in the Naval Services.

From my understanding, if a military member is away from their appointed place of duty for longer than thirty days, they enter deserter status.

Desertion has its own punitive section in the UCMJ - Article 85.

§885. Art. 85. Desertion (a) Any member of the armed forces who— (1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently; (2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or (3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another one of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States; is guilty of desertion. (b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion. (c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct. §886.

Art. 86. Absence without leave Any member of the armed forces who, without authority— (1) fails to go to his appointed place of duty at the time prescribed; (2) goes from that place; or (3) absents himself or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty at which he is required to be at the time prescribed; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

There could probably be a whole thread started about AWOL and deserter stories. 😆

There could probably be a whole thread started about AWOL and deserter stories. 😆

Oh, without any doubt at all. Lol.

The only AWOL case I was heavily involved in concerned a guy who slipped away ONLY because he didn't feel like going to a JRTC rotation. IIRC correctly, the missed movement bumped it from a normal company-grade Article XV to a field-grade.

I love how were still in this phase of reality where "SF" people agree to take photos of their faces but then people still feel the urge to conceal their identity.

They posed for a f***ing photo. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom