New acquisitions for April 2008

I know it. There's something different about them compared to a Glock in terms of grip that I really like. Definitely my new favorite in terms of feel. Can't wait to see how she shoots.

+1

I like Glocks but don't like their grips for some reason.

My XD-40 fits my hand extremely well.

Finally picked this up after having it on layaway forever. Bushmaster AR in .450 bushmaster.

450Bushmaster_1JPG.jpg

450Bushmaster_2JPG.jpg

450Bushmaster_3JPG.jpg

Sometimes I think the only reason he has that wood pile out back is to pose his latest acquisition on. [smile]

Actually its to burn in the wood stove in the basement so I can work on old guns down there during the winter so the new stuff and firewood need each other.[smile] I need to take a before and after shot from far away. Its almost all gone with the exception of that one layer of logs, time to stock up for next winter already.
Funny thing is since I've been posting some of my shots on the Parallax and SKS boards, I now see woodpile back drops popping up a lot more.[laugh]
NES firewood group buy next fall anyone?

Another evil black rifle is born - still waiting for the Magpul enhanced trigger guard from MidwayUSA. Thanks to John from JDL sales for the stripped Stag lower.

283091195_snv3U-O.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Colt stoneypete, I love the original look too! And once again milsurps, awesome pictures... you make me want to start buying some old rifles.

Her is my contribution for the month. It was Russian day today. I just pick up these 2 guns

1 Finnish M91/30. It is a Tikka with a barrel date of 1944. It's got a hex receiver that has seen some use. It has some pitting. It is also sampted "AZF" witch means Artillerie Zeugs Fabrik. It is a Austrian arsenal mark. I haven't taken it apart yet to see the tang date.

DSC04313.jpg

2 Russian SVT-40. This is a Izhevsk made in 1941. It is cut on the receiver for a scope mount. I took it out and shot it and it shot great. This will make #3 in the collection. I was going to sell one of my other ones but all of them are diffrent, so I guess I will have to keep them all.

DSC04312.jpg

The NES lunch in Hudson today gave me an excuse to take a couple extra minutes and stop by K&R Target Sports. Picked up this cute little Winchester 72 for next to nothing. It was Winchester's first tube magazine bolt action rifle, produced from '39 to '58 and chambered for either .22 Short, Long, or LR. Anyway, it's something to keep for my son until he's old enough. At least, that's my excuse [wink]

winchester_72.jpg

The NES lunch in Hudson today gave me an excuse to take a couple extra minutes and stop by K&R Target Sports. Picked up this cute little Winchester 72 for next to nothing. It was Winchester's first tube magazine bolt action rifle, produced from '39 to '58 and chambered for either .22 Short, Long, or LR. Anyway, it's something to keep for my son until he's old enough. At least, that's my excuse [wink]

winchester_72.jpg

And a good excuse it is - nice little find.

Very nice![grin]

My surprise buy for today. I have always wanted one of these. Winchester 1907 .351. It came with brass, bullets and loading dies. I am a happy guy!

1907005.jpg

1907004.jpg

Real nice one Steve !

But how do you chamber a round ? (yeah dumb question I know). What do you do, stick one in the side (into the chamber) and then shove up the magazine?

Back
Top Bottom