New Acquisitions for February 2007

For some reason, the company I recently completed a contract assignment with was "completely satisfied" with me, so I got a bonus from them. It lasted about 5 hours, as I had an itch for a .357 revolver that just wouldn't go away. I ended up finding a good deal at State Line Gun Shop in Mason, NH on this 4" Model 66-1, which puts it at about 1980-1982 vintage. It's pinned and recessed, and in 95%+ condition. They had an identical 6" one for sale, but I really wanted the 4" for possible carry. The 6" had a slightly better trigger on the DA break, so I had a trigger job done to make them equal. It's now got the sweet DA trigger I was jonesing for.
Sweet looking wheelgun! You said they had a 6"? Hmmm.

I have no idea what it is but I had to have it.

This shoots .22's but look at the size of them as compared to the .22lr round I put here for comparison. It has no markings on it at all except for a 3 digit serial number stamped on the trigger housing. It doesn't even have a firing pin. When the hammer comes down, it sorta squeezes the rim of the cartridge.

Anyone know what it is or how old? BTW, it's a smooth bore, no rifling.

22little_2.jpg

22little_1.jpg

The BBT arrived the other day and with it my CZ 52. I'll have to snap some pics of it!

Nothing like a mail-order handgun to brighten your day! [wink]

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Got my first handgun this week, a used Taurus PT99AF in 9mm with 2 15rd mags Blue Northern in Ayer.

Nice find and a good looker, has some character to it there. It looks kinda like a Beretta. [grin]

For some reason, the company I recently completed a contract assignment with was "completely satisfied" with me, so I got a bonus from them. It lasted about 5 hours, as I had an itch for a .357 revolver that just wouldn't go away. I ended up finding a good deal at State Line Gun Shop in Mason, NH on this 4" Model 66-1, which puts it at about 1980-1982 vintage.

OooooOOOOOooOOOO nice !

[laugh2] Incurable, aren't ya ? Nice ...whatever it is tho...

The BBT arrived the other day and with it my CZ 52. I'll have to snap some pics of it!

Yes you will ! ! Enjoy yer flamethrower !

This shoots .22's but look at the size of them as compared to the .22lr round I put here for comparison. It has no markings on it at all except for a 3 digit serial number stamped on the trigger housing. It doesn't even have a firing pin. When the hammer comes down, it sorta squeezes the rim of the cartridge.

Anyone know what it is or how old? BTW, it's a smooth bore, no rifling.

Thats definitely diferent. I'm guessing it came with the little 22 rounds. Did the shop/seller have any info or was it part of an estate sale? Does your finger even fit in there to pull? [laugh]

I have determined that it is a 6mm. Shoots 6mm CB rounds and it is based on the Flobert design. Flobert was the first to make rim fires in 1847.
Where/when it was made is still unknown.

There are no markings anywhere that I can find, except for the serial number.

Anyone got a Flayderman book that can check out this response I got from a German poster on another forum?

It is a Bonnie Blue .22 Blank Deringer.
Made by Hopkins and Allen about 1870.

Intended as a noisemaker only. So dont shoot it with life ammo.
In good condition this is worth about $250.--

Flaydermanguide page 380

Who would make a little gun like this that is only for noise? The guy I bought it from shot ammo thru it ok.

Someone else says it's:

Remington-Elliott single shot derringer.

I'm still stumped.

Last edited:
Pilgrim believe it or not I actually have flobert ammo, someone gave me a tin of it a while back I have try to remember where I put it.

littlegunad.jpg

This sure looks like it, but this says it's not bored....mine is.

22little_2.jpg

Glad to see that it's extremely scarce [smile]

This is from a book that is a few years old. I'll see what the latest book says..I ordered one yesterday from Flayderman.

Last edited:
New Toy

Well, my valentine's gift to myself: New Remington 700 Police LTR (Light Tactical Rifle) in .308. Has the short 20" fluted barrel which is supposed to be very rigid, and the slimmed down HS Precision stock. This will keep me occupied for a while in getting it up and running with all the parts it needs (doesn't even have sights or a scope base to mount a scope to out of the box!). Hopefully I'll be able to shoot it sometime in the spring.

remltr.jpg

Well, my valentine's gift to myself: New Remington 700 Police LTR (Light Tactical Rifle) in .308. Has the short 20" fluted barrel which is supposed to be very rigid, and the slimmed down HS Precision stock. This will keep me occupied for a while in getting it up and running with all the parts it needs (doesn't even have sights or a scope base to mount a scope to out of the box!). Hopefully I'll be able to shoot it sometime in the spring.

Nice, bring on the goodies.[smile] Take your time and order the right optics and other goods for it. One of the biggest mistakes people make is settling for cheap accessories and don't get the true performance they can with high end gear.

Hahah, that isn't going to be a problem. I skimp on everything but my toys. I may starve to death and forget to pay the cable bill, but the rifle will want for nothing...

Finally chiming in for February:
Bought a Spanish 98/43 in 8mm Mauser yesterday, makes a nice addition
to the .308 variant I have already.
When I picked it up, we browsed through the seller's inventory.
A M98/38 Persian was begging me for a new home, so I couldn't resist[smile]
Also, a G98 1917/1920 Mauser Oberndorf double date, matching except bolt, is on layaway for 4 weeks; waiting for funds to be built up.
The 8mm community keeps growing[grin]

Cam is skiing with my daughter, so pics will only be available next week.
Stay tuned !

Back
Top Bottom