New Acquisitions for January 2014

"Due to its high cost and import ban, the number of PSG1s in the United States is (as of 2005) fewer than 400, mostly in the hands of wealthy private collectors, and currently sells for between US$12,000 and US$15,000.[3] Contrary to popular belief, very few American law enforcement agencies make use of the PSG1; however, the MSG90 can be found in many different units."

Yes, and I paid very close to the minimum on this estimate. It was appraised by an expert at approximately $18,000, which is why I will never shoot it.

tu6u7evy.jpg

On sale at dvor.com . Possibly best watch I've ever had. Highly recommend.

Boston Strong

A true survivor of the whole of WWII as originally manufactured - a 1939 147 (Sauer) K98k. All matching parts save an armorer's replacement rear trigger screw and band spring. I have an unmarked cleaning rod coming for it.

T.

Damn. Are you going to shoot it? That has to be a tough decision.

Yep. That is the question. I had one unfired in the factory hard case with all of the accessories. I didn't want to shoot it so I sold it. Fantastic piece though. Congratulations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I wouldn't shoot her either. 400 goddamn...

I would. It's a waste of a rifle to NOT shoot it. I don't get this fetish behind buying guns and not firing them, unless it was unsafe to fire it or something. It's not THAT special, it's just another roller locked HK .308 with some different components in it.

-Mike

Except that first shot is effectively going to cost you $X,000. Maybe not worth it if you've shot an HK91 previously.

Last edited:
I would. It's a waste of a rifle to NOT shoot it. I don't get this fetish behind buying guns and not firing them, unless it was unsafe to fire it or something. It's not THAT special, it's just another roller locked HK .308 with some different components in it.

-Mike

burn.

i don't have the self control to not shoot a PSG-1. then again i won't ever have a PSG-1 because i won't have the self control to save up $18-20k in the first place.

problem solved, problem staying solved.

Yep. That is the question. I had one unfired in the factory hard case with all of the accessories. I didn't want to shoot it so I sold it. Fantastic piece though. Congratulations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks, Stacarter. You know the feeling then. It would be amazing to walk into the range with a PSG1 and just start plinking everything, but it's too rare in unfired condition to do it. This could pay for like 2 weeks of college when my kids go in about 10 years.

-Mike

Is that all it is? Ooops, here I was thinking it was one of the rarest, most collectible rifles in existence. My bad. If it wasn't a blizzard I'd go out and shoot it right now.

Except that first shot is effectively going to cost you $X,000. Maybe not worth it if you've shot an HK91 previously.

That's exactly it New Guy. If I wanted a shooter, I'd have bought a shooter. I wanted an investment grade firearm. Buying investment grade firearms and shooting them is just about the stupidest thing a collector could do. There are shooters available for 20 -25% less than its investment grade counterpart, if that's what I wanted that is what I would have purchased. Not that I am complaining if someone shoots their investment grade firearm, to each their own so to speak and all it does is make mine even more rare and valuable.

burn.

i don't have the self control to not shoot a PSG-1. then again i won't ever have a PSG-1 because i won't have the self control to save up $18-20k in the first place.

problem solved, problem staying solved.

Ha, ha ha. Hit the lottery and there will be no saving required!

What's makes the psg different from other hk's ?

In addition to all the upgraded hardware, the PSG1 is historically significant in that it was made in response to a specific need. When the Munich massacre happened, there was no rifle in existence that could have served the role needed to eliminate the terrorists. Consequently, H&K was commissioned to develop a long-range, semi-automatic, high precision sniper rifle under a "no expense spared" directive. The result was the Hk PSG1. It is widely considered the most efficient, reliable, semi-automatic sniper rifle in the world. Of course, many people will argue that point, but the historical significance coupled with the fact that there was thought to have been less than 400 imported into the U.S. makes it one of the most collectible modern rifles in the U.S. Plus, it just looks bad@$$!!!

I'm the last person to say "don't keep it and don't shoot it!" but I researched the PSG and saw that I couldn't do it. I would shoot a Singer 1911 too, but I don't know, this is an exception. Like you said, that is something you could sell for your children.

I'm the last person to say "don't keep it and don't shoot it!" but I researched the PSG and saw that I couldn't do it. I would shoot a Singer 1911 too, but I don't know, this is an exception. Like you said, that is something you could sell for your children.

It's definitely not easy. What makes it worse is that I had a new in box, Barrett M107 Limited Edition .50cal that I sold to free up some cash and then bought the PSG1. ONE MONTH after selling the Barrett, it was listed on GB.com and the new owner had put 100 rounds through it and then decided he wanted a suppressor so he bought the new M107A1. . .He basically said he would have let me shoot it beforehand if he knew he was going to end up getting the M107A1. .AHHH AHHHH. ..[banghead]

Back
Top Bottom