New acquisitions for July 2010

Got a Sig GSR 1911

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

I really wanted a GSR but the wait for mass compliant as with many guns turned me off. Same thing happened with the M&P

end of summer, fall, by xmass, early spring.........................

My newest K98k; 1938 BSW

My purchase for 2010, a 1938 Mauser Karabiner 98k 8mm ‘BSW’ (Berlin-Suhler-Waffen und Fahrzuegerke), #1261a; #11,260 of 50,000 produced that year. This is my seventh K98k and counting - these things are addictive. This is a rare code with a three year total production of 135,000; with some 25,000 in 1937 and 60,000 in 1939 before merging with Gustloff-Werke. Mostly matching presumed Romanian or Albanian capture. ALL milled pre-war WaA4 parts, except for band spring which is unmarked. There are nine matching parts (#1261): including barrel, receiver, front sight, ejector box, trigger guard, floor plate, follower, sear, and front action screw. Front sight is grooved for a hood (original); so the rifle was German rearsenaled after 1941 when the rear trigger guard bolt may have been added. Bolt parts are mismatched, but all parts are marked WaA4. Stock is a correct walnut WaA4, lightly oiled (Tung oil) flat butt plate, with “H” and Weimar eagle. All stock parts are WaA4, but band and stock serial numbers do not match. As stock is fitted with the 10” cleaning rod rather than probable 12.5” by 1938, stock date is likely early 1937 with serial #339. Original 1938 dated sling in very good condition, marked Koch and Benning, Wuppental E, with L&F marked buckle (Linden & Funke G.m.b.H., Iserlohn), original unmarked 10” cleaning rod, and German flip muzzle cover with WaA63. Stock has rear sling swivel cut out, indicating its probable Romanian or Albanian capture. Stock has stamped “H” under butt plate. One matching guard screw (front WaA4/61); the other is an unnumbered WaA1 (BSW) armorer’s part. Capture screws are WaA4 marked. Blue finish 90% with nice even patina, except front band is 80%, and rear band 70%. Barrel medium bright, but strong with no pitting; very good plus. Early import; marked “Germany” in front of receiver behind rear sight.

Picture029.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture032.jpg

MS

Last edited:
A couple of new items. From the Franklin Mint Collectors Society.

Attachments

• !Bw!zSl!B2k~$(KGrHqV,!hEEv1+0GgI,BMG+n-cnDw~~_3[1].jpg
    !Bw!zSl!B2k~$(KGrHqV,!hEEv1+0GgI,BMG+n-cnDw~~_3[1].jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 39
  • !Bw!zR5Q!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!hoEv1+0GHvBBMG+n613e!~~_3[1].jpg
    !Bw!zR5Q!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!hoEv1+0GHvBBMG+n613e!~~_3[1].jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 41
  • PythonKnife.jpg
    PythonKnife.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 30
attachment.php

hi-power mafia member reporting in. [laugh]

if anyone ever gets a chance to deal with brianwilson on here you should not pass it up, he's a good guy.

My purchase for 2010, a 1938 Mauser Karabiner 98k 8mm ‘BSW’ (Berlin-Suhler-Waffen und Fahrzuegerke), #1261a; #11,260 of 50,000 produced that year. This is my seventh K98k and counting - these things are addictive. This is a rare code with a three year total production of 135,000; with some 25,000 in 1937 and 60,000 in 1939 before merging with Gustloff-Werke. Mostly matching presumed Romanian or Albanian capture. ALL milled pre-war WaA4 parts, except for band spring which is unmarked. There are nine matching parts (#1261): including barrel, receiver, front sight, ejector box, trigger guard, floor plate, follower, sear, and front action screw. Front sight is grooved for a hood (original); so the rifle was German rearsenaled after 1941 when the rear trigger guard bolt may have been added. Bolt parts are mismatched, but all parts are marked WaA4. Stock is a correct walnut WaA4, lightly oiled (Tung oil) flat butt plate, with “H” and Weimar eagle. All stock parts are WaA4, but band and stock serial numbers do not match. As stock is fitted with the 10” cleaning rod rather than probable 12.5” by 1938, stock date is likely early 1937 with serial #339. Original 1938 dated sling in very good condition, marked Koch and Benning, Wuppental E, with L&F marked buckle (Linden & Funke G.m.b.H., Iserlohn), original unmarked 10” cleaning rod, and German flip muzzle cover with WaA63. Stock has rear sling swivel cut out, indicating its probable Romanian or Albanian capture. Stock has stamped “H” under butt plate. One matching guard screw (front WaA4/61); the other is an unnumbered WaA1 (BSW) armorer’s part. Capture screws are WaA4 marked. Blue finish 90% with nice even patina, except front band is 80%, and rear band 70%. Barrel medium bright, but strong with no pitting; very good plus. Early import; marked “Germany” in front of receiver behind rear sight.

MS

Damn nice piece. I don't know which I enjoyed more though, the great description or the actual pictures.

Damn nice piece. I don't know which I enjoyed more though, the great description or the actual pictures.

Thank you! This is lifted from my firearms list. I keep records, take pictures, and write detailed descriptions and interpretations for the benefit of my insurance policy/company. Makes it real easy to post articles with the information at my fingertips.

MS

226.jpg

Can't stay away from those Sig's, I've also set up the super secret account under my name only so the wife will not be aware of my GSR fund, actually my "first .45 fund." Likely to be found in the New acquisitions April 2011 thread.[banana]

P.S. Thanks to Carl and Co. at FS for their great specials that made this purchase possible.

Can't stay away from those Sig's, I've also set up the super secret account under my name only so the wife will not be aware of my GSR fund, actually my "first .45 fund." Likely to be found in the New acquisitions April 2011 thread.[banana]

P.S. Thanks to Carl and Co. at FS for their great specials that made this purchase possible.

I think I need a 2nd account too.

This is arriving today:

SACM M1935A in 7.65 French Longe

SACM-02.jpg

SACM1935A.jpg

Having a custom Clymer reamer made. Basically cutting down .30 carbine brass to the OAL of 7.65 French Longe. Difference of only +.028 on OD
Since it isn't Nazi marked or overly rare, I'm going to strip it and slow rust blue it, since the finish is shot anyway.

This is arriving today:

SACM M1935A in 7.65 French Longe

SACM-02.jpg

SACM1935A.jpg

Having a custom Clymer reamer made. Basically cutting down .30 carbine brass to the OAL of 7.65 French Longe. Difference of only +.028 on OD
Since it isn't Nazi marked or overly rare, I'm going to strip it and slow rust blue it, since the finish is shot anyway.

Could you please make a thread with your progress? I love this stuff!

I generally forget to document the beginning of my projects, but, this time I swear I will. Lots of photos. I plan on starting the bluing process when I get home from work. Can't wait. I already have a price on the Clymer Reamer. Already made some sample rounds, gonna send 2 to Clymer to make the reamer.

That M1935A is pretty neat. Please do document the bluing process (especially the surface prep) - waiting with great interest!

Back
Top Bottom