NEW ACQUISITIONS FOR JULY

Very Nice!

New Build, Lightweight AR-15

Started building the lower in February with a stripped lower, and added the parts that I really wanted, as this is probably the last AR build I will do in my 71st year. Added the upper in June, and finally finished up yesterday with the buttstock.

View attachment 34522

Lower: P.O.F Billet, multi, NP3 Coated.Ambi-bolt release.
Palmetto State Arms LPK, with Geissele SSA-E trigger group.
Made a slight compromise on the weight, with a Billet Lower, but it only weighs 10.2 oz and I like the way it looks.

Took her to the range today, shot with the Troy irons sights only, plinking a coke can at 50 yards without having to zero the sights. I heard Troy stuff was good, but this was amazing, without zeroing the sights at all, and a new gun! Wife and I each shot 30 rounds, flawlessy, no FTE,FTF etc. Her review of the gun was "SWEEET!"

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it is a great 22 pistol, really like shooting mine!

View attachment 34536
Just picked it up today Ruger SR22.

Thanks it was a long time coming
Although after seeing ChuckinMass' rifle I was drooling, nice build !!

Thanks Rancho, but now you have me drooling over yours!

I feel another build project coming on - well, not a true build, as I bought the upper complete as I couldn't build one for much less, and am definitely a piston love on ar's after my Les Baer and my recent build. Have never seen a chamber so clean!

We picked up an old single barreled, break action 12 Gauge shotgun. I don't know a whole lot about it but it's a "Bay State" from Worcester, Ma. From the little research I've done so far it could have been manufactured as long ago as the 1900s by the original Bay State Arms Co. or H&R during the 1910's up to 1932, still have to punch in the S/N online though. The bore is nice and bright, blueing is at about 70-75% I'd judge. I'd call that a nice $20 bargain. Seems to lock up quite nicely but we plan on bringing it to a gunsmith to make sure it would be safe to shoot some light trap loads with her.

We should also be able to pick up an old Savage Model 24, .22 LR and .410 bore O/U later on this week. My father's wanted one ever since he shot one in the 60's.

New Build, Lightweight AR-15

Started building the lower in February with a stripped lower, and added the parts that I really wanted, as this is probably the last AR build I will do in my 71st year. Added the upper in June, and finally finished up yesterday with the buttstock.

(picture)

Lower: P.O.F Billet, multi, NP3 Coated.Ambi-bolt release.
Palmetto State Arms LPK, with Geissele SSA-E trigger group.
Made a slight compromise on the weight, with a Billet Lower, but it only weighs 10.2 oz and I like the way it looks.

(picture)

Upper: Adams Arms EVO Evolution Lightweight MidLength, piston.
The Adams Arms compensator, really works well. Virtually no muzzle rise!
I had the compensator welded by Dave Santurri, for MA compliance.

(picture)

A-1 length stock, MAGS EFX-A1 gives a great cheek weld!
Leupold VX-R Patrol, 1.25-4X
American Defense Recon scope mount
Troy BUIS, Rear and HK front sight
Weight: 6.6lbs

View attachment 34525

Took her to the range today, shot with the Troy irons sights only, plinking a coke can at 50 yards without having to zero the sights. I heard Troy stuff was good, but this was amazing, without zeroing the sights at all, and a new gun! Wife and I each shot 30 rounds, flawlessy, no FTE,FTF etc. Her review of the gun was "SWEEET!"

This rifle is sweet! I really like that muzzle brake, and the Samson rail. Nice job.

I technically got this at the end of june but missed the June thread so here it is. An M&P 9 with trigger job from Business End Customs

mp9mm.jpg

None of these posted yet from the group buy?

2012-07-10_18-03-14_769.jpg

Last edited:
Wife decided she needed a new toy after we spent too much time watching the sportsmans channel last night. Not only that she decided she should start carrying. We picked up her permit app at the PD today and stopped at State Line in Plaistow "just to see how a few things feel"

n16w5d.jpg

Ruger SR9c

Could have saved a few bucks ordering through my clubs FFL, but we felt like shooting today. Nice little gun and kinda slick that it matches my old P345.

Wife decided she needed a new toy after we spent too much time watching the sportsmans channel last night. Not only that she decided she should start carrying. We picked up her permit app at the PD today and stopped at State Line in Plaistow "just to see how a few things feel"

n16w5d.jpg

Ruger SR9c

Could have saved a few bucks ordering through my clubs FFL, but we felt like shooting today. Nice little gun and kinda slick that it matches my old P345.

Congrats to you and your wife on the buy! I love my SR9c and you really get a lot of gun for the money. Good luck with it. Polishing the barrel makes it look 100x better. If you want to do it, send me a PM.

Congrats to you and your wife on the buy! I love my SR9c and you really get a lot of gun for the money. Good luck with it. Polishing the barrel makes it look 100x better. If you want to do it, send me a PM.

Great little piece. I liked my P345 for an MA compliant gun when I lived there but have since moved on to a Kimber 1911 as my carry gun... I still have the P345 and like it a lot especially for the money. I might get the trigger done on it and use it more.

This seems like even a better value than the 345. I put a few rounds down range with it and it shot great. She put about 100 down so far today and is happy. My only beef with it is the god awful loaded chamber indicator... my P345 had one but this one is much bigger and REALLY obnoxious.. oh well.. nothing is perfect.

Now she's shopping for custom carry purses [crying]

You can get a LCI delete which fills in the red flag with a piece of steel that does not move. Www.gallowayprecision.com

His stuff is amazing and I'd recommend all of his products. The SR9c is a better value and is such a good design. It's a range gun and carry gun, best of both worlds. Check out the loaded chamber indicator (LCI) delete. I got used to the big red flag haha.

You're welcome. Hate seeing someone unhappy with a gun, especially one that I think is a pretty good gun. Come to think of it, it's my ONLY polymer gun.

Great choice on the SR9c - as others have stated its a great gun.
Nice on the link for the LCI delete, I may just do that.

My wife had an SR9c. She loved shooting it but had a very hard time racking the slide. we have since got her a HK P30LS with the light LEM which is much easier for her, I loved shooting her SR9C, I thought it was a very soft shooting 9mm. We never had and issue as far as stoppges etc.

My wife had an SR9c. She loved shooting it but had a very hard time racking the slide. we have since got her a HK P30LS with the light LEM which is much easier for her, I loved shooting her SR9C, I thought it was a very soft shooting 9mm. We never had and issue as far as stoppges etc.

She struggles a bit with the slide and the slide release, I just chocked it up to it needing broken in. Hell, I struggled with my Kimber at first. Got 100 rounds through it so far and its a little better... hopefully it doesn't remain a problem.

Ruger GP100 6" Stainless (cir. 1988) picked up in a trade with another member. The picture sucks, but the gun is mint! Already opened it up and did a little polishing, but there may be a Wolff kit & some shims in her future.......

IMG_4462.jpg

Ruger GP100 6" Stainless (cir. 1988) picked up in a trade with another member. The picture sucks, but the gun is mint! Already opened it up and did a little polishing, but there may be a Wolff kit & some shims in her future.......

View attachment 35043

Very nice. I just picked up a 4" stainless about a month ago. Great guns. Very accurate, and solid as a rock.

Picked up a couple more 1911. I think i'm addicted, LOL. First one is a Kimber Raptor Pro, the second is a Kimber Eclipse in 10mm.
_1020122.jpg _1020124.jpg

Back
Top Bottom