New Acquisitions January 2021 - Firearms only and Happy New Gear!

Nice, I'm thinking of bidding on one at an upcoming auction, some interesting stuff starting to fall under C&R.
We got this one for $500. Just cleaned it up and it is crazy clean. Whoever owned it before took great care of it. Mirror shine bore. Chamber was clean and had a nice thin film of oil on it. Same with the bolt. Just need to find ammo for it. Like I said never had a 44 mag......so I need to run across some factory ammo......or a set of dies, brass, and projos to make some.

Early M03 Colt.....1906 in .32acp. Looks better than pics. Traded in and upgraded my 1920. Note on the very early ones they had a barrel sleeve and plunger retainer as the M1911 would have later. Bore is mirror.
t
IMG_2735.jpegIMG_2736.jpegIMG_2737.jpeg

Came with a well worn set of T3 grips.....eventually I'll find a set of T1 originals.
IMG_2738.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up a ruger model 44 carbine. My son has always wanted one. Pix later.

I wasn't in the mood to add a caliber to my ammo supply I have no 44 revolvers......but now I have an excuse to get one. Lol

No 44 mag to be found right now where I'm shopping but it is what it is. It was a good price on a fairly rare gun that my boy likes.View attachment 440546
10/22's grandpa

Part time job combined with trading and selling. I’m retired and had a serious heart attack two years ago and three surgeries last year...just healthy enough to start walking without a cane in October and working last November. One more pistol arrives Monday. I’m reconstructing my WW2 German occupation 7,65mm collection.
t

Last edited:
Part time job combined with trading and selling. I’m retired and had a serious heart attack two years ago and three surgeries last year...just healthy enough to start walking in October and working last November. One more pistol arrives Monday. I’m reconstructing my WW2 German occupation 7,65mm collection.
t

Tim
I like the lottery story better !

good for you to still be in the game !

Squeaked one last one for January. Just under the wire. Smith Wesson 329PD. Can't wait to shoot it! Gonna be a hammer!
Been there done that. Not fun!
I shot 250 rounds of 44 Mag at the range one night. Went to Idaho to see my buddy and shot 2 loads from his 329PD. Almost the same exact loads. Shot 2 of one load and 1 of the other load. I tapped out.
I'm ok with recoil but this stung like someone slapped your hand with a green branch.

Been there done that. Not fun!
I shot 250 rounds of 44 Mag at the range one night. Went to Idaho to see my buddy and shot 2 loads from his 329PD. Almost the same exact loads. Shot 2 of one load and 1 of the other load. I tapped out.
I'm ok with recoil but this stung like someone slapped your hand with a green branch.
Can’t wait! I had a 325PD that was unpleasant to shoot. Same size just in 45acp. This one is going to be fun for the first few cylinder fulls. Definitely going to use the glove!

Can’t wait! I had a 325PD that was unpleasant to shoot. Same size just in 45acp. This one is going to be fun for the first few cylinder fulls. Definitely going to use the glove!
Good idea! He didn't shoot his much but for packing you couldn't beat it. It weighs nothing at all. I bet if you hand loaded some light ammo or use some decent 44 Specials you will love shooting it.
IMHO one of the nicest looking new S&W revolvers. They got the aesthetics right on those guns.

Good idea! He didn't shoot his much but for packing you couldn't beat it. It weighs nothing at all. I bet if you hand loaded some light ammo or use some decent 44 Specials you will love shooting it.
IMHO one of the nicest looking new S&W revolvers. They got the aesthetics right on those guns.
I agree, is it both good looking and extremely light for a 44 mag. I reload for the 44 mag and got some barn burners to send through the Smith. I shot some in my Rossi 92 and only took 11 rounds before I said enough. In my Ruger super blackhawk they are nice to shoot. Depending on how that goes I may have to tailor a lighter load for it. Going to be fun! Maybe....lol

I agree, is it both good looking and extremely light for a 44 mag. I reload for the 44 mag and got some barn burners to send through the Smith. I shot some in my Rossi 92 and only took 11 rounds before I said enough. In my Ruger super blackhawk they are nice to shoot. Depending on how that goes I may have to tailor a lighter load for it. Going to be fun! Maybe....lol
Wow too hot in the Rossi is going to suck in the 329.
Yeah the blackhawk is so much nicer to shoot hot loads in. I shot a ton of hot loads in a 45-70 BFR and I would shoot those all night over shooting the 329. The grip changes everything.
If you haven't read about it, keep an eye on the little stainless shim at the top strap above the cylinder gap. Check to make sure it didn't wiggle free, you will cut that top strap fast if that shield is gone.

Wow too hot in the Rossi is going to suck in the 329.
Yeah the blackhawk is so much nicer to shoot hot loads in. I shot a ton of hot loads in a 45-70 BFR and I would shoot those all night over shooting the 329. The grip changes everything.
If you haven't read about it, keep an eye on the little stainless shim at the top strap above the cylinder gap. Check to make sure it didn't wiggle free, you will cut that top strap fast if that shield is gone.
Thanks for the heads up on the top strap shield. Would think it would take a bit to burn through that. Never heard about that. I'll keep an eye on it for sure. I have also read where some people swap out the Ti cylinder for a stainless one and it seems to tone down recoil. We will see.

Thanks for the heads up on the top strap shield. Would think it would take a bit to burn through that. Never heard about that. I'll keep an eye on it for sure. I have also read where some people swap out the Ti cylinder for a stainless one and it seems to tone down recoil. We will see.
Makes sense, it's probably double the weight. IIRC my buddy swapped out for wrap aground rubber grips. Not as pretty but should tame the recoil a lot. I believe guys swap them out to the X frame grips

Back
Top Bottom