• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions January 2021 - Firearms only and Happy New Gear!

Did some horse trading for a new model blackhawk 357.

Sn puts it as 1974 manufacture. 32-06xxx so first year new model blackhawk. Excellent shape. Tiny tiny spot of rust in the bore near the muzzle. Shouldn't hurt accuracy. Externally not a speck of rust and no holster wear or handling marks to speak of. I've wanted a sa 357 for awhile and the deal was good.

20210116_160215.jpg

Hi everyone. New member. Got my LTC in late November and missed the December thread. I've been buying for 6 weeks now - this is what I've picked up:

FNX 45 ACP with Vertex Venom optic
FN 509 9mm
Ruger SR22 22lr
DS-15 MOE 556 with fixed mag
Pre-ban Ruger Mini 14 Ranch in 223 - migrated it to an Arcangel stock to modernize
Ruger 10/22 22lr - migrated to an Arcangel Stock
TR Imports RZ17 Tactical 12 GA

Managed to get my hands on some factory pre-ban Ruger Mini14 magazines, as well as some PMI ones. Also picked up some pre-ban Butler Creek and Eaton Supply 25 rounders for the 10/22.

Few thousand rounds of 22lr, 45 ACP, 9mm, 223 and 556 to cap it off.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.jpg
    IMG_1908.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2054.jpg
    IMG_2054.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 62604325627__D0747408-BDD6-480D-81D8-9AB34D95B357.JPG
    62604325627__D0747408-BDD6-480D-81D8-9AB34D95B357.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 105
Very smart choices and welcome to NES!

Nice guns,congrats and enjoy.

Thanks - I've been lurking the forums for a few years. Let me add some perspective. For 10 years my wife was completely against having weapons in the house - because of our son. But he's 10 now, and she watched the riots all summer in horror and finally changed her stance. We both applied for our LTCs and got them. For the last few years, while I unsuccessfully negotiated with her to move off of that anti-gun stance, I was stashing a couple grand away every year waiting for the day to unleash my inner gun owner. Soon as I slipped the leash, I had money to spend on building up supply. Hence, the extravagant buying spree. Not a normative action by any means.

Enjoying owning and shooting (bought a range membership last week too) and looking forward to learning more from this board and the NES members.

Thanks - I've been lurking the forums for a few years. Let me add some perspective. For 10 years my wife was completely against having weapons in the house - because of our son. But he's 10 now, and she watched the riots all summer in horror and finally changed her stance. We both applied for our LTCs and got them. For the last few years, while I unsuccessfully negotiated with her to move off of that anti-gun stance, I was stashing a couple grand away every year waiting for the day to unleash my inner gun owner. Soon as I slipped the leash, I had money to spend on building up supply. Hence, the extravagant buying spree. Not a normative action by any means.

Enjoying owning and shooting (bought a range membership last week too) and looking forward to learning more from this board and the NES members.
Better late than never..

Hi everyone. New member. Got my LTC in late November and missed the December thread. I've been buying for 6 weeks now - this is what I've picked up:

FN 509 9mm
Ruger SR22 22lr
Pre-ban Ruger Mini 14 Ranch in 223 - migrated it to an Arcangel stock to modernize

Managed to get my hands on some factory pre-ban Ruger Mini14 magazines, as well as some PMI ones. Also picked up some pre-ban Butler Creek and Eaton Supply 25 rounders for the 10/22.

Well you not on the Sidelines anymore.

Model 28- No dash made in 1957. found it at a local shop, everyone in the place was looking for tactical tupperware and paying no attention to this beauty.

WOW that is a beauty, congrats! I love when that happens. Some real fine stuff is overlooked in the rush to get the latest and greatest.

BTW that looks like it has the polished blue finish? If so that is a scarce 28. They are typically a matte finish.

WOW that is a beauty, congrats! I love when that happens. Some real fine stuff is overlooked in the rush to get the latest and greatest.

BTW that looks like it has the polished blue finish? If so that is a scarce 28. They are typically a matte finish.
Thanks, tge finish is matte. The lighting makes it look shiny.

FN 509 9mm
Ruger SR22 22lr

Well done, comrade!

Back
Top Bottom