New Acquisitions - July 2015

Springfield Armory XDs 9mm
It was a little tough to find here in MA, but I had been wanting one for a while.

Attachments

• 20150725_213414_resized.jpg
    20150725_213414_resized.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 50
Been wanting one for a while now. [grin]

G19_1.jpg

now dont wait too long to post the new nfa item!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 142836
ruger precision in 6.5 creedmore

So sweet! I'd love to own one of these after hearing so many good things it. I got a bunch of match 168 BTHP bullets (for 30-06) so getting one in .308 would be convenient but 6.5 sounds like an awesome caliber for long distances. Then again my range is only 120 yards which is not very far.

Last edited:
An 1822 M1816 T2 Springfield; .69 caliber smooth bore cone-in-barrel percussion conversion. This one fills the gap in my Springfield collection between the M1795 and M1842. The conversion was most likely done in the 1850s and the musket probably saw action early in the Civil War. The slot bayonet is original and the sling and tompion are reproductions.

T

Last edited:
So sweet! I'd love to own one of these after hearing so many good things it. I got a bunch of match 168 BTHP bullets (for 30-06) so getting one in .308 would be convenient but 6.5 sounds like an awesome caliber for long distances. Then again my range is only 120 yards which is not very far.

we only have a 265yd range, and the one group i shot was 1.5", with cheap rings and glass. i am looking now for some more suitable glass and rings. my buddy bought some land in AZ for winter shooting, will hopefully get out there this winter and stretch this thing out!

IMG_6792.JPG

Picked up a P228 parts kit for a song, then got a p229R frame to go with it. It's DAK, so I'm going to see how I like it - I may switch it back to DA/SA with the parts from the kit.

Pictured with it's older sibling P6.

lol. I tried it with and without (none of my other glocks have it as an option). I felt like I got a firmer grip with it but wont be till this weekend I get to try it out. Have you tried out the beaver? [grin]

Nice. I love mine.

Also got a laugh from that beavertail.

Side-eyeing Chloe makes the same face at it as I do

grid-cell-18424-1385056079-23.jpg

I got this a few weeks ago, but have been away on vacation. I am still researching this rifle and do not have all of the answers. I believe it is a Haenel Mauser although there are no markings to show it. Haenel made a lot of sporting rifles based on an improved Mauser 88 action, but they also made some based on a 98 action, like this one. Most of these rifles were made in the early 1900's, say 1900 - 1920 or so. Given the full octagon barrel and escutcheon I think this one is fairly early. I slugged the bore and it is the older .318 instead of .323. I also am pretty sure that it is an 8 X 57. I cycled a dummy round through it and it functioned perfectly. I just ordered some Cerrosafe and will do a chamber casting to make sure. The really odd thing is the butt plate which says FN Browning Auto (probably an Auto 5). If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them

[/QUOTE]

Traded away my Walther PPS for this beauty. My first Glock and a 33 at that! Got to shoot it yesterday at the range and wow I love it.

Attachments

• 20150720_204620.jpg
    20150720_204620.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom