• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions: May 2018

NCj1XAF9QnVg7CmCKorWNEkOB-TXq4fuR1EgZzc8JHAPaZpTEOZHWR0rjtFMOJNCrqV39tcAGsWed0Q-L5JXqc8c3nybKzSV5lJsKNES4EF-2x7i_JwixBuBqgZrpFM81lk0noboOacnjC7X5D_1_qR8KrUG9TIqk-bSbPJzuS7_EcCw6fH2ti1XQ09IXuM4sIyS8M4Q8W8UfTVoay352zhc1P-8nYfNyk-f7DY4IffGUDe6PxxKvKKpQ0NuaAaMCbbadJ9x0R5pJ9ikENrWuF-ftnu41vb9R_rczU5yJ7II7x2ak4CBILqWUqWIkwVrGSp56cATtMCn-zk19DjXNWv_zqfStEnBO2kuLpgX8ygYRcI2WvisDxayOHOpZwcDSmiNt7foQJabNh_fsiYyrGAecGdL_AaasDiDhQ79-LV_JZAoghxqIAnBf4Om7PdfgXM5N80dBe7L7gLObNOdUKKqBrXdNuRC95V7XJCDzg1RerH_shfcJTOqsGUAi9E-0QlVUVo1xYSJV29NaR6M33GkNrNyR6eh-ten7aJ2B-2gB1Z0XMwLThvLR69OJIc82APuuIzWcflRGEIKe_wMIoEsNzxESqNjW2UoK9E=w1600-h1200-no
My first all metal handgun. This is an Italian 92F, with all sorts of upgrades including trigger and recoil springs, short reach trigger, low profile safety, etc. The double action is really nice, and the single even sweeter. I just can't get used to the M9 "snowman" sights. Gonna change those out. Otherwise, I'm loving this so far.

Got my first 1911 today, can't wait to shoot it. I've had other 45s in the past and have always wanted one of these.

View attachment 235505
I just got the same exact model Mil Spec 1911 , today! So I don't need to post a picture :)

This is the first GI 'original' style 1911 I've gotten. People mentioned the possibility of hammer bite without the beaver tail
but you'd have to have pretty beefy hands for that to be a problem. My hands are small, so a 1911 with slim grips is perfect.

I just got the same exact model Mil Spec 1911 , today! So I don't need to post a picture :)

This is the first GI 'original' style 1911 I've gotten. People mentioned the possibility of hammer bite without the beaver tail
but you'd have to have pretty beefy hands for that to be a problem. My hands are small, so a 1911 with slim grips is perfect.

Not exactly up for discussion, sir...WE, the People, get to decide whether you post a picture or not, and I vote yes.

I, TOO, bought another 1911 this month, but this one is a little different...quite possibly the LONGEST 1911 ever in production.

It came off the assembly line in 1912 in Bern, Switzerland and was one of the very first to be produced judging from the serial number. She will now join her relatives in my collection: the 1889, K11 Karabiner and K31.

IMG_0884.jpg

Her favorite load of the 5 I mixed up just so happens to be the 'cream puff' load of 35gr IMR4895 over 168gr Nosler CC HPBT's in PPU brass.

It was especially satisfying loading 7.5x55mm because that caliber is the entire reason I decided to get into reloading in the first place about 5 years ago when I bought my K31.

Experimenting/learning reloading with other calibers lead up to this moment, but this was officially my first load for one of my beloved Schmidt-Rubin rifles. IMR4064 is on the agenda next after I burn up the remaining 4895 through the rest of my Swiss and Mosins. I'm going to work up a load for each rifle and see exactly which likes what...document and archive.

Is that the Century C39? Also, what do you think of the sight on the gas block?

no its a Saiga Sporter lol.

7bwUtCL.jpg

its an AK, so its a total roach. ive had it for awhile its gone through many makeovers, this being the most recent haha

Back
Top Bottom