New firearm inventory software in Beta - Need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it from the built in update. I downloaded a new copy of the Air installer file and then the latest version of Air and your app installed just fine.

Okay, I have an issue. When I click on Add in the Accessories tab it adds a New Item but doesn't select it. It selects the first item. I then entered the new data and it wrote over the first item in the Accessories list.

Okay, I have an issue. When I click on Add in the Accessories tab it adds a New Item but doesn't select it. It selects the first item. I then entered the new data and it wrote over the first item in the Accessories list.

Working on a fix now -- Should be ready for next release.

OK, testers needed -- Not only are there a bunch of fixes but I need to really test out the registration system (yes, it is in place).

If you would like to test the registration system, I need a name and email address from you (email or PM is fine) and I'll send you a key and the new version to test.

PLEASE NOTE: ALL beta testers will be able to use the app free forever -- beta versions have set a flag for you BUT after the beta if you wipe your computer, you'd lose it. So it's best to ask for a key now so you will always have the full version for free even after a wipe.

I'm In... It's been a few weeks since playing with it and I am interested in starting over anyway. Got my digital camera and a reason to re-organize.

PM Inbound

Oh, forgot to mention in the email, that floating button just removes the "is registered' flag so you can re-enter the data if you want. heh It won't react, but you shoudl be able to restart the app after clicking it and the menu option to enter the data shoudl appear.

Cool -- Final 1.0 release should be by next weekend, as long as there are no big bugs left by then. The registration doesn't DO anything right now, other than state if the app is registered or not.

There was no message when I entered the three pieces of information in the registration window and submitted.

The window disappeared.

I then saved v.91.

When I opened v.91 and went to the Help menu, the "Register" choice was replaced with a greyed out "Thank you for registering" message.

At the top of v.91 it now reads "My Gun Database by I.F.S v0.91 [Registered]"

Looks like everything carried over.

Registered perfectly on Mac OS 10.6.8.
Thanks!

Cool, so far so good. Now to try to think of special "donator only" easter eggs to include in the app for you guys...

So, I think I might work on having the app save it's last location and size tonight. Other than that, tweaking, tweaking, tweaking.

While i'm doing that... any of you want to help make a tutorial? :D I'm thinking of working on a tutorial video but still need a written version.

There was no message when I entered the three pieces of information in the registration window and submitted.

The window disappeared.

I then saved v.91.

When I opened v.91 and went to the Help menu, the "Register" choice was replaced with a greyed out "Thank you for registering" message.

At the top of v.91 it now reads "My Gun Database by I.F.S v0.91 [Registered]"

Looks like everything carried over.

Cool. Yeah, I need to provide user feedback that it worked or failed. Working on it.

Did it show registered BEFORE you closed the app or only after you reopened it?

Oh, for those curious about the Changelog in the test version (ONLY in the test version):

* Fixed Main Image setting
* Adding new accessory selects the newly added accessory.
* Random backend tweaks
* Fixed Sort by Current Value
* Tabs reordered
* Consignment checkbox functional -- reports/filter do NOT use it yet. For future use
* Stock type added to General Tab view

Is anyone using the "Identifier" field? It looks like it could be useful but I can't think of anything systematic to add to this field.

Is anyone using the "Identifier" field? It looks like it could be useful but I can't think of anything systematic to add to this field.

Yeah, I actually harassed Alan about this feature awhile back--it's silly, I know, but I set the identifier to be the order in which I purchased the firearm. Sometimes I think very linearly...

Yeah, I actually harassed Alan about this feature awhile back--it's silly, I know, but I set the identifier to be the order in which I purchased the firearm. Sometimes I think very linearly...

Actually, you could set the Date Aquired field in the P/S tab, and then set your Sort to be by Date Aquired :D (sorry, just plugging a function :))

Actually, you could set the Date Aquired field in the P/S tab, and then set your Sort to be by Date Aquired :D (sorry, just plugging a function :))

Well, yeah--NOW.

In version zero-point-nuthin it sorted them in the order in which i typed them in, and I had a bout of obsessive-compulsivity and wanted to sort 'em.

Which it does.

Now.

(Thanks!)

Well then, what do you use the Identifier field for?

I don't, anymore. Some people have said they've used it for matching 6-shooters and didn't want to sort by serial and one guy uses it to see which of his 10/22's he's looking at. *shrug*

Well then, what do you use the Identifier field for?

I don't, anymore. Some people have said they've used it for matching 6-shooters and didn't want to sort by serial and one guy uses it to see which of his 10/22's he's looking at. *shrug*

FYI. I registered 0.91 and REGISTERED was at the top. Since there was no confirmation I went back into Help-Enter Registration Info. When the window popped up to Reg I hit ESC. The window went away and the package was showing UNREGISTERED at the top. I was however able to go back into the Reg process and Register again. Seems like a confirmation would be good and possibly something stopping you from going back in to re-register.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom