• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Firearms Acquisition Thread April 2023

New Typewriter Day!

Not that there's any practical need in the world for something like this, but it's something that I've been eyeing for years, and with an AWB likely coming to RI sometime this year, I figured now may be my last chance to get one. So here's my new Chicago Typewriter (aka, .45acp Auto-Ordnance Thompson 1927A-1)!

full

full

...and when fully assembled, it looks just like this:

full

Can't wait to try it out! It weighs a ton, and from everything I've seen and read, they tend to jam quite a bit...especially the drum mag, but they're a heck of a lot of fun to shoot, with practically no recoil.

Frank
I had one a few years ago, with the violin case. A LOT of fun to shoot (just don't do the math on how much 5 seconds of running the drum costs you in ammo). Never had jamming issues with mine, but needing a tool to remove the mag was annoying. And the charging handle will give you a workout.

I had one a few years ago, with the violin case. A LOT of fun to shoot (just don't do the math on how much 5 seconds of running the drum costs you in ammo). Never had jamming issues with mine, but needing a tool to remove the mag was annoying. And the charging handle will give you a workout.

Mine is a modern semi-automatic version with a 10 round drum mag (since anything really fun like the one you had is illegal in RI). But I still expect that it should be a lot of fun to shoot. And yes, needing a tool to remove the mag definitely is a PITA.

Frank

New Typewriter Day!

Not that there's any practical need in the world for something like this, but it's something that I've been eyeing for years, and with an AWB likely coming to RI sometime this year, I figured now may be my last chance to get one. So here's my new Chicago Typewriter (aka, .45acp Auto-Ordnance Thompson 1927A-1)!

full

full

...and when fully assembled, it looks just like this:

full

Can't wait to try it out! It weighs a ton, and from everything I've seen and read, they tend to jam quite a bit...especially the drum mag, but they're a heck of a lot of fun to shoot, with practically no recoil.

Frank
I had one of these years ago, I found it very uncomfortable to shoulder but I would get another one in a heartbeat if the right opportunity presented itself but I would prefer an M1 or M1A1 model if the still make those.

Think it’s done. Not sure if I want to stipple. Or maybe purchase a barrel. Stock is good for now.

G34 bronze cerakote Rmr mill done by Jagerwerks. HRS rmr, 300v , ameriglo sights.

Attachments

• 1B4473CA-5DCB-4322-A102-DF96C80AC477.jpeg
    1B4473CA-5DCB-4322-A102-DF96C80AC477.jpeg
    703.1 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom