New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sayin' Hi

Newbie to the NES. Was refered over via SIGForum. Nice to have some knowlegable helmsmen to assist in navigating the quagmire of Mass. Firearms Laws. I live in Belchertown , MA., and am damn happy to have the BPD and Chief Fox here. My fourth renewal of my LTC was a breeze and I'm lucky to have them based on the responses from other towns. I don't post much, but read frequently. I'll be sure to post/contribute if I have questions or comments I think would be useful. Thanks to all who do contribute and maintain this site. [smile]

Hi

Hi All,

I've been lurking here for awhile, but as my LTC (class A, no restrictions) went thru recently I figured I would at least say hi. I have found a lot of useful info here before applying for my permit so thanks for the help.

/Mike

Hello all. I have no idea how I never found this place before. I'm a member of SIGforum and GlockTalk as well as AR15.com. I live down in Plymouth. I was born in Boston and from 2yrs old until I was 10 we lived in Holbrook. In 1985 my parents built their house here in Plymouth and when it came time to build my own first house after college (Mass. Maritime Academy) I built here too. I think my next move will be to southern NH at some point.

I'm a power plant control room operator, married with 2 boys (ages 8 and 5). I shoot nowhere near as much as I'd like to, but my youngest son being in school for only 1/2 the day (kindergarten) cuts into my days off during the week and like most people, my weekends off ar filled with other things. I'm also into ATV riding with my 400EX with a few friends who also have machines. Like with shooting, it's usually a HUGE project to schedule that too!

That's about it for now....I gotta go stand out at the corner to wait for the bus in this lovely 20 degree morning air with my son! Looking forward to participating a lot here.

Welcome 2000. Hope you enjoy it here and get some more range time in.

At least if you join us at one of our get-togethers, you'll be easy to spot! You'll be the one glowing in the crowd! [laugh] [I know, old joke . . . that folks used to play on me too . . . I spent 3 years as a nuclear project engineer on subs at GD/EB and later another 3 years at SWEC and Yankee Atomic before escaping to the non-regulated world of computers (DEC).]

We have a number of members down in your neck of the woods.

Well I am not really new but I have found this fourm to be a great source of information and also a good way to support our rights. So in saying that I am posting here b/c I just coughed up the money to become a NES Member and help support this forum. Thank you to the admins and mods for the creation and upkeep of this website.[grin]

Thanks for the welcome guys. One point to mention, I don't work at Pilgrim. The point of my own incompetence which I've risen to is below that of a Nuke R.O. so I'm stuck burning fossil fuels [smile] I work at Mystic Station on the Boston/Everett line.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome guys. One point to mention, I don't work at Pilgrim. The point of my own incompetence which I've risen to is below that of a Nuke R.O. so I'm stuck burning fossil fuels [smile] I work at Mystic Station on the Boston/Everett line.

OK, so you'll either be covered in coal dust or oil slick! [laugh] Either way, you'll be easy to spot.[laugh2]

That's not a drive (Boston/Everett to Plymouth) that I would want for my daily commute. You have my sympathy.

Actually, after spending 4 years in the old oil units there, I went out to the new units in 2001. Combined cycle. So I'm not covered in coal dust or stinkin' like Bunker C either......I smell like natural gas!!!

With the shifts I work, traffic usually isn't all that bad. Usually under an hour. Luckily I only have one Friday afternoon ride home a month in summer.

Hi 2000GM, I'm with NSTAR, Field Engineering. Been to Mystic many times on breaker replacements, transformer installations, protection scheme upgrades etc. Welcome aboard.

Greetings from The Sticks! This is a fine example of one not looking around in their own back yard. I have been online since '96' and posting in forums since shortly after that. I found this site by accident and am glad I did. I suppose living in Massachusetts, one loses hope that there are many others out there feeling the pinch and it's nice to see I'm not alone. Anyway, this seems like a great site and did a lot of reading last night while I waited for my account to approve. Nice to be here and I look forward to reading and contributing what I can. Take care out there folks...

Mark

Great to have you here...

You'll be a great contributor to our lacking survival forum!

Hi All,

I'm Ed from Maine - retired LEO; 30 yrs otj, been out for 16. Lovin' it! Have been interested in firearms for all those years and have a reasonable collection. Like to shoot with my grown son who is also an avid handgunner. Belong to several other forums and found this one by accident. Looks like a good group of folks and glad to be here.

Hello everyone,

My name is Bill, I’m 19 from the Metrowest area in MA. I joined this site because as my screen name suggests I am a new shooter. I have only been to the range once and I don’t have my FID yet but I am looking into getting it. Any help/advice on getting my FID (where to post) would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ed, welcome to the forum. Set User CP to show ALL THREADS and enjoy the readings. We have a number of LEOs here and there is a forum dedicated to that subject.

Bill, welcome to the sport and forum. Set User CP to show ALL THREADS and look thru some of the Stickies in the Gun Laws forum. Also do an Advanced Search on "Holliston" in the Gun Laws sub-forum and perhaps (not sure) you might find some useful info there on getting permits in that town.

We hope both of you enjoy it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom