New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, My name is Ben I recently returned to Mass after 6 years with the USAF Seizing and Assessing airfields in Afganistan and Iraq. I've been an active shooter/hobbist since I recevied my 1st .22 at 12yrs old. I mainly have experience in Military ARs (M-16s, GUU-5s, M-4s, and AKs) and 1911s. A little dissappointed in some Gun Law changes but I was last stationed in CA which was much worse, yet Kimbers were buyable there. :/

Hey there, new shooter, MA resident (didn't realize how challenging this could be until I got interested in the 2nd Amendment), applying for LTC soon. My wife and I just completed our safety course with Lynne, and once we get permission to exercise our right [thinking], we'll begin shopping for shotguns, rifles, handguns, and other soon to be criminalized tools. Glad to find so many gun fans in our area.

Welcome Gabe. Hope you enjoy it here. Get your Wife to sign up too, we have a few active women members and can always use more.

Hello all..yes as you may see i am a newbie....
Q Just paided for a membership..as said it is the best spent $$$$ i have spent (wow that sound weird)...but the Q Will i recieve a email regarding my new account? I want to upload a avatar( or how ever you spell it)

Fith, welcome to the forum and membership.

Check the User CP for where you can insert your own avatar, it's in there somewhere.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Hey there, I'm new to the site, allthough I have been reading it for a few months. I live in the North east, and have a rather complicated residency/gun ownership situation that will probably require a team of lawyers to unravel. I have a fair amount of shooting experience for a city kid, .22 as a youngster, trap shooting, pistols, ar-15s at ranges out west, but do not currently own. This is where the headaches begin. My primary residence is in New York City, where I have a pending application for a shotgun license. I'm not holding my breath on that one, but I also have access to a 100+acre family owned farm house in rural Connecticut where I could hunt and shoot. I was able to shoot target practice as a kid with a .22 there, but as an adult I'd like to upgrade to some more higher powered stuff. I guess I would appreciate any info regarding the gun buying process, some of the legal considerations and requirements, anywhere from shotguns to pistols to AWs. I've contacted Hoffman's gun shop outside Hartford, and they said all I'd need is a Connecticut hunting license and a current driver's license from any state to purchase a shotgun, but it soinds more complicated for pistols and AWs. I would certainly appreciate any clarification as to the Assault weapons ban, and what the pro and cons of buying pre or post in Connecticut. Thanks in advance, I know its a headache as that is what I have been experienceing.

Welcome Ben. Hope you enjoy it here.

Take a look in the Gun Laws forum for some info on CT.

You can obtain a CT NR license and that will allow you to buy CT-legal guns in CT and store them at the family farm.

Not living there (CT) and not having any need for a CT permit, I don't have any first-hand knowledge about their practices or AWB (they do have one).

I did learn (a few years ago) that as a NR, I could NOT buy any long guns (or even C&Rs, I hold a C&R FFL) in CT without a 2 week waiting period (that is waived for those with a CT NR permit).

A big howdy from the Lone Star state! I was tuned into this place by Milsurps.

I've been in guns and out of guns and am now back in. Nice place y'all have here!

Welcome, Shadow (or should I say, Lamont Cranston! (I assume that that is the correct reference!))!

Hope you don't get tired of hearing us whine about Massachusetts gun laws... and that you don't snicker too loud. [wink]

For a regional forum, we're sure reaching out - Germany, Phillipines, FL, CA, OH... and now TX.

Lots of good discussion here Shadow, glad you registered. You can spend hours here reading firearms info, survival thread info, and just all around "stuff".

Hey there, new shooter, MA resident (didn't realize how challenging this could be until I got interested in the 2nd Amendment), applying for LTC soon. My wife and I just completed our safety course with Lynne, and once we get permission to exercise our right [thinking], we'll begin shopping for shotguns, rifles, handguns, and other soon to be criminalized tools. Glad to find so many gun fans in our area.

Gabe,

Since you mentioned Lynne, I just have to ask: Are you my neighbor? Shoot me a PM...

[wave] Hi Gabe!! Welcome to the forum! (tell Carole I said Hi!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom