• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Gun Related LSRs (Requests to have a bill drawn up)

I pay for the primaries, I damn well have a right to vote in them. The parties should chose their candidates without any taxpayer funds.

Good point about the use of town employees and town property (AKA our tax dollars) to run the primaries.

Can we get an undeclared voter tax break if we can't vote in primaries...

The OHRV bill is out.

If I'm reading it correctly, they f***ed it up and made it more restrictive than it already was.

HB1636 AN ACT relative to prohibitions on carrying a loaded firearm on an OHRV or snowmobile.

SPONSORS: Rep. Burt, Hills. 39; Rep. Stapleton, Sull. 5; Rep. Hopper, Hills. 2; Rep. Silber, Belk. 2; Rep. True, Rock. 4; Rep. Nunez, Hills. 37; Rep. Hill, Merr. 3; Rep. Kelsey, Hills. 7; Rep. Folsom, Graf. 11; Rep. Kofalt, Hills. 4; Sen. Giuda, Dist 2; Sen. French, Dist 7; Sen. Avard, Dist 12

Edit: someone tell me I'm seeing things and they didn't f*** it up, because I can't believe that bullshit I'm seeing.

The OHRV bill is out. If I'm reading it correctly, they f***ed it up and made it more restrictive than it already was.
Looks fine to me? Effectively the same as the original HB334.

Changes "pistols" to "pistols or revolvers" (Maintaining consistency with RSA 159:1).

Replaces "under a permit issued pursuant to the authority of RSA 159" with "by any person who is not prohibited from possessing a firearm by a New Hampshire statute"

All the rest shown on that page is the existing old law, untouched by 2021 HB1636

Last edited:
Looks fine to me? Effectively the same as the original HB334.

Changes "pistols" to "pistols or revolvers" (Maintaining consistency with RSA 159:1).

Replaces "under a permit issued pursuant to the authority of RSA 159" with "by any person who is not prohibited from possessing a firearm by a New Hampshire statute"

All the rest shown on that page is the existing old law, untouched by 2021 HB1636

"unless said firearm is unloaded."

This is the part where they screwed it up in my eyes. Now you can't carry any firearm on an OHRV(an unloaded firearm is simply a club or a paperweight). Previously licensees could at least carry handguns.

"unless said firearm is unloaded."

This is the part where they screwed it up in my eyes. Now you can't carry any firearm on an OHRV(an unloaded firearm is simply a club or a paperweight). Previously licensees could at least carry handguns.

Here's how the entire paragraph is read;
HB1636 said:
No person shall carry … any firearms unless said firearm is unloaded. This section shall not apply to law enforcement officers carrying firearms in the course of duty or to pistols or revolvers carried by any person who is not prohibited from possessing a firearm by a New Hampshire statute.

Legalizes OHRV carry of any unloaded firearm (including long arms), or a loaded short-barreled firearm (assuming you are not a state-level prohibited person).

No person shall carry … any firearms unless said firearm is unloaded. This section shall not apply to law enforcement officers carrying firearms in the course of duty or to pistols or revolvers carried by any person who is not prohibited from possessing a firearm by a New Hampshire statute.
Maybe I am a dummy, but that seems like an odd way to word that. Is it intended to prevent people from carrying loaded long guns?

Here's how the entire paragraph is read;

Legalizes OHRV carry of any unloaded firearm (including long arms), or a loaded short-barreled firearm (assuming you are not a state-level prohibited person).

OK--THANK You fro breaking that down barney style. I feel better now. Not sure how i missed that part.

It does still look like long guns are still out.

I would assume so -- No loaded long guns would be a likely compromise to placate Fish & Game.

Fish and Game needs to get out of my life if I'm not hunting or fishing.

Lots of drama on that cmte in NH house

Might want to reach out to the cmt chair (lang) and share your thoughts.....frankly, they need to revoke the addittional police powers granted to F&G officers in recent years.......its a recipe for disaster

Glad to see that article made it from the Journal to the Patch for wider visibility.

Seems to me that the current regulation is contrary to Con Carry that we passed a number of years back
Seems like it’s contrary to the 2A. Don’t see any clause that says “shall not be infringed, except on an OHRV”. Why does my mode of transportation have any bearing on how I am armed?

Seems like it’s contrary to the 2A. Don’t see any clause that says “shall not be infringed, except on an OHRV”. Why does my mode of transportation have any bearing on how I am armed?

Exactly

Caveat. The proposed bill is still contrary to 2A for the same reasons.

Lots of drama on that cmte in NH house

Might want to reach out to the cmt chair (lang) and share your thoughts.....frankly, they need to revoke the addittional police powers granted to F&G officers in recent years.......its a recipe for disaster
How do we accomplish this?

Background check bill is out. How about F no!

HB1668 AN ACT requiring a background check prior to any commercial firearm sale.

ANALYSIS
This bill requires commercial firearms sales or transfers in this state to be subject to a criminal background check and provides a criminal penalty for a violation. The bill excludes private, noncommercial sales or transfers between individuals, provided neither individual is prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under state or federal law.

159-E:1 Definitions. In this chapter:

I. “Commercial sale” means a transfer of ownership of a firearm, including but not limited to, a sale, exchange, or gift.

Background check bill is out. How about F no!

HB1668 AN ACT requiring a background check prior to any commercial firearm sale.

ANALYSIS
This bill requires commercial firearms sales or transfers in this state to be subject to a criminal background check and provides a criminal penalty for a violation. The bill excludes private, noncommercial sales or transfers between individuals, provided neither individual is prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under state or federal law.

159-E:1 Definitions. In this chapter:

I. “Commercial sale” means a transfer of ownership of a firearm, including but not limited to, a sale, exchange, or gift.
A slimy attempt to sneak something through. The Fed already requires a check for any sale through a dealer and normally we would assume this is what a commercial sale is. But the bill defines all transfers of ownership as commercial. This would include giving a gun to a son or daughter. Given the language it would even include inheriting a gun. Inherit you uncles collection and you would need to do a transfer on every gun, buy a gun in a private FtF sales, and this bill makes that a commercial sale.
Also:
II (a) conflicts with the process than an FFL operated under to do a transfer/background check. And while 2(b) says this is an exception to Fed law, I really don't think the State of NH can just say Fed law doesn't apply whenever it feels like it.
II(d) also conflicts. Once a gun is taken into inventory it has to be transferred back out and this requires a check.
159-E:3 negates the Fed time limit on a response, it requires a proceed without any time limit for a response.
159-E:4 would seem to say that this doesn't apply to non-commercial sales. But this is just part of the deception since they have previously defined ALL sales as commercial. So this section has no meaning.

This says a lot about the sole sponsor, a truly untrustable person.

So far the sole sponsor is the usual suspect, Katherine "misdemeanor assault" Rogers (D). Merrimack
This says a lot about the sole sponsor, a truly untrustable person.
If we redefine "domestic assault" under state law to encompass attacks by a house member on a voter, would that retroactively apply to Katherine D. Rogers, making her a prohibited person?

HB1091 is due up the House Fish and Game and Marine Resources Committee on the 14th of this month at 10:15.

Committee members here: Fish and Game and Marine Resources

Their email addresses are in each of the bios.

That said-anyone have any short articulate arguments that I can use to support. My reel in the possum cops probably won't work very well.

I'm in an emailing mood for some of these. HB1652 Bottle Tax and HB1338 Plastic bag ban but make you buy paper bags bill

edit: I meant HB1119 AN ACT relative to the regulation of single-use bags. 🙃

Last edited:
HB1091 is due up the House Fish and Game and Marine Resources Committee on the 14th of this month at 10:15.

That said-anyone have any short articulate arguments that I can use to support. My reel in the possum cops probably won't work very well.

I'm in an emailing mood for some of these. HB1652 Bottle Tax and HB1338 Plastic bag ban but make you buy paper bags bill
HB1338
a committee to study single use products and product pageaging.

WHAT!

so everything that comes in a package!
And single use, like tires and break pads, and mufflers and underwear, well maybe not underwear depending on how they define sigle use. is it single user or single use per user?

HB1338
a committee to study single use products and product pageaging.

WHAT!

so everything that comes in a package!
And single use, like tires and break pads, and mufflers and underwear, well maybe not underwear depending on how they define sigle use. is it single user or single use per user?

Yeah, you know what is bad? I'm a moron!

I posted the wrong plastic bag bill.

HB1119 AN ACT relative to the regulation of single-use bags.

Of course, the GC site is now glitchy and 1119 is linking to a tattoo bill. but, HB 1119 bans single use plastic bags except for things like the little baggies in the produce aisle. OK, that sucks, so go back to shitty paper bags? Nope, charge AT LEAST 10 cents per bag.

Yeah, you know what is bad? I'm a moron!

I posted the wrong plastic bag bill.

HB1119 AN ACT relative to the regulation of single-use bags.

Of course, the GC site is now glitchy and 1119 is linking to a tattoo bill. but, HB 1119 bans single use plastic bags except for things like the little baggies in the produce aisle. OK, that sucks, so go back to shitty paper bags? Nope, charge AT LEAST 10 cents per bag.
They my question is why?
I went through this BS in MA before moving to NH. They cried about plastic in the oceans and showed horific pictures of dead ocean life. But the reality is that almost all the plastic in the oceans comes from just 3 rivers (NOAA study) and all of them in China. Consider that India, Africa, and South America all also but more plastic into the ocean than the USA, and if the entire USA stopped putting plastic into the sea the environment wouldn't even notice.

And it's been shown that despite what people say, reusable bags don't get washed, and are often stored under the sink or in the trunk of a car. Turning them into carriers of germs, VIRUSES, mold and insects. Just what you want placed on that checkout belt ahead of your food.

They my question is why?
I went through this BS in MA before moving to NH. They cried about plastic in the oceans and showed horific pictures of dead ocean life. But the reality is that almost all the plastic in the oceans comes from just 3 rivers (NOAA study) and all of them in China. Consider that India, Africa, and South America all also but more plastic into the ocean than the USA, and if the entire USA stopped putting plastic into the sea the environment wouldn't even notice.

And it's been shown that despite what people say, reusable bags don't get washed, and are often stored under the sink or in the trunk of a car. Turning them into carriers of germs, VIRUSES, mold and insects. Just what you want placed on that checkout belt ahead of your food.

Yeah, the reusable bags are nasty, not all of them are even able to be washed easily, and contribute to gray water waste which sucks for people with septic systems just barely hanging on.

I do think exploring ways of reducing our waste stream is useful-even just our little portion, but I don't think any of the 2022 bills are the right way to do that.

I say the underlined while I'm seriously considering a burn barrel for trash once I move north and have to buy fancy bags for the trash. Make things hard or expensive to dispose of and you have less than environmentally friendly solutions.

edit: I meant HB1119 AN ACT relative to the regulation of single-use bags. 🙃
GOA put out a link. I've had 325 emails from all over the country about 1091, every one of them identical except for the name.

They're not helping when they do that.

Back
Top Bottom