New to Glocks....what mods are worth it?

The best mod for glock is the additional nite sight so I can shoot sideway.

glock_gangsta_homeboy_night_sights.jpg

I got an aftermarket 3.5 lb connector and it made my G22 fire on trigger pull and release. Not as fun as it sounds.

Dude, stop dicking around with low end shit and get a Stag or Olympic Arms.

/sarcasm

BTW, is that about a 7 pound bug in your avatar? I haven't had any BT in over 15 years and have been wanting to go so bad lately.

Ya probably around that size, just barely legal (carapace was exactly 5"). I haven't dove since my daughter was born 18months ago :( I still have my doubles, but probably won't be in the water any time soon.

Hijack over!

I would leave it stock. Maybe night sights if thats your thing or a magazine extension if it is a sub compact Glock. My 27 has night sights and I don't like them. I am going to put on stock Glock sights again.

Change the sights, maybe throw in a 3.5 connector. The rest is mostly horseshit, eg metal guide rods, lasermax, etc are all gay. Maybe a grip stipple if you need it.

-Mike

Pretty sure this is the right answer, I put the ghost 3.5 connector in and left the springs stock, the trigger is much better.

Chris

I took the armorers course last year, and these words from the instructor stuck with me..."If Gaston Glock wanted all of these new modifications on his gun, he would have put them in. A glock is a glock for a reason, and there is no reason to mess with perfection". I agree with this. I WOULD make sure and put some decent sights on the gun, like glock night sights or even some XS big dots, but I would not mess with any of the other stuff. Especially WOLF. I bought a G19 not too long ago and I could instantly tell that the previous owner had installed a WOLF trigger connector. The way I would tell....The trigger safety didnt reset like it should. Glock parts are used in glocks for a reason. I wouldny mess with it. Why mess with perfection. If anything, at least keep all the parts and modifications OEM. Just my 2 cents, as an armorer [wink]

You don't need to change anything on it.. it already has decent sights. Many people don't feel one should mess with the trigger/ internals of a carry gun.

You don't need to change anything on it.. it already has decent sights. .

I disagree. First, they are plastic, not steel. Second, the sight picture is all wrong. The front sight is too wide, giving not enough light on either side of the blade. I greatly prefer a set of Heinie or 10-8 sights.

Change the sights, maybe throw in a 3.5 connector. The rest is mostly horseshit, eg metal guide rods, lasermax, etc are all gay. Maybe a grip stipple if you need it.

-Mike

This. The only other thing I've done is throw in a grip plug just to keep it from filling up with lint.

I like the factory trigger as is, so I think that will stay factory. However, I purchased the LoneWolf extended slide release, which I like for faster reloads. I also ordered a few more Pearce pinky extensions so I have 3 mags with and 1 mag without in case I ever need to save on the size for carrying. Also purchased a Galco tuck-n-go IWB suede holster. I'm happy with the TruDot night sights, so those will stay also. Now I just need a few high-cap mags for the range and I'll be done. My Lc9 jammed twice in 200rds, the glock ate up 300rds without a hiccup. Love it!!

I disagree. First, they are plastic, not steel. Second, the sight picture is all wrong. The front sight is too wide, giving not enough light on either side of the blade. I greatly prefer a set of Heinie or 10-8 sights.

I think the bigger problem with the stock sights is that the white-dot front sight gives a "confusing" sight picture. While everyone should know it's equal-height equal light, the fact that the proper alignment cuts off the bottom of that dot is just plain stupid.

I think the bigger problem with the stock sights is that the white-dot front sight gives a "confusing" sight picture. While everyone should know it's equal-height equal light, the fact that the proper alignment cuts off the bottom of that dot is just plain stupid.

definitly hated that about the stock sights.

Sights would be about the only thing I would suggest.

Most likely if you needed to use this pistol, then you would only need to point and shoot. Alot of the mods suggested would make it a more accurate range gun. Whereas I would still advise updating your piece with all these goodies and making it the best you can, I don't believe they are all necessary.

Practice Practice Practice......then think about the changes you would like to make.

"Clipdraw"belt clip, much better than adding anymore bulk (IWB) to a already somewhat bulky ccw pistol. High quality clip too. Throw it in Pulp Fiction style...good to go!!!!

Not a fan of those clip draw attachments. I am tucking it naked now with no clip, just a snug belt, and i don't really like having the trigger guard exposed. I'll have added peace of mind if it's holstered with the trigger guard covered.

Not a fan of those clip draw attachments. I am tucking it naked now with no clip, just a snug belt, and i don't really like having the trigger guard exposed. I'll have added peace of mind if it's holstered with the trigger guard covered.

Like you said, bad idea. That's a good way to shoot your **** off. Buy one of these and save your body parts: http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/BDWS-G-SB-R.htm

I know a guy who used to carry mexican style. Such a shame, his wife had really wanted to have children someday.

Back
Top Bottom