New toy m48A

I picked up this Mauser 48A for $125 from a nice guy who had it listed on this forum! The stock was beat up and still had grease packed in the barrel.

The bore has pitting in the lands the whole length but the groves look good, I cleaned the hell out of the bore had a ton of copper in it. Thank god for breakfree bore foam, saved me alot of time, but it sure took a lot of patches lol.

Going to shoot then clean the bore a few times and hope that will clean up the pitting it does not look to deep.

Here is the finished stock that I put a tung oil finish on:

M48A-6.jpg

M48A-5.jpg

M48A-4.jpg

M48A-3.jpg

M48A-2.jpg

M48A-1.jpg

Great actions on the M48 rifles, very smooth. I have a Yugo 98 that has a fairly pitted bore and it still shoots pretty good. You'll never get great accuracy out of a Mauser carbine but at the price its hard to beat.
You need a sling now from e bay.[grin]

Great actions on the M48 rifles, very smooth. I have a Yugo 98 that has a fairly pitted bore and it still shoots pretty good. You'll never get great accuracy out of a Mauser carbine but at the price its hard to beat.
You need a sling now from e bay.[grin]

I already have a bid on a german sling bid is at $20 right now. I my have shaw put a barrel on it and keep it in 8mm and have them drill and tap for a scope mount.

With a shaw bull barrel it should be a tack driver! just have to hunt down a cheap unfinished after market stock and fit in the action and new barrel.

The action and bolt are in good shape but the barrel like I said has pitting down much of the bore, it still my shoot good will see this weekend have a bunch of 8mm surplus so I'll shoot 5 rounds then clean and keep that up for 15rds and see how it does.

If I can get 1.5 inch groups at 100 yds I would be happy just looking for a nice range/deer gun. But 8mm with a clean barrel and a good scope should/can reach out to 1K meters easy.

Back
Top Bottom