Newtown looking for holes in Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

There is no reason for Connecticut’s existence. Seriously, when was the last time you said to yourself, man I wish I was in Connecticut right now.
Amen. It's the most worthless (and bankrupt) social/welfare/police state of all. Nothing good comes from doing business with or in the State of Connecticut. I don't spend 1¢ down there EVER even though I must pass through their bankrupt state often.

It'll fail just like the last lawsuit. And hopefully the plaintiffs will be left holding the bag and get ruined financially for it. " Sorry you lost your kid, but abusing the legal system to punish a company who didn't have anything to do with the death of your kid, you deserve to get ****ed for it. "

I think in the last salvo of these from sandyhook Brady org failed and left the plaintiffs holding the bag, if I remember correctly.

-Mike

I think I remember that too. Does anyone know if any damage $'s were ever collected from the plaintiffs?

It's a smelly horse shit pile. No one who manufacturings "something" is not culpable of shit. I am suing budweiser, because I am an alcoholic .....FYI, I am not alcoholic.

The families' angle of attack is "negligent entrustment." This has been winding its way through the courts for the past three years.

Doesn't the state do any kind of background check for permits? What about nics checks? Shouldn't they be suing the state that said the shooters were ok?

If this goes through, Home Depot better stop renting trucks to muslims.

I thought CT was called the constitution state. Might be time for a rename.

Entrusted? I don't think so, same goes for alcohol etc..

Negligent entrustment is a cause of action in tort law that arises where one party (the entrustor) is held liable for negligence because they negligently provided another party (the entrustee) with a dangerous instrumentality, and the entrusted party caused injury to a third party with that instrumentality.

Tell that to the tobacco industry.

If the ar15 manufacturers had been paying researchers to make up reports saying that being shot has no effect on your health, then these lawsuits might have a point. But saying it's fun to shoot a rifle should not give them liability for people shooting other people.

Entrusted? I don't think so, same goes for alcohol etc..

Negligent entrustment is a cause of action in tort law that arises where one party (the entrustor) is held liable for negligence because they negligently provided another party (the entrustee) with a dangerous instrumentality, and the entrusted party caused injury to a third party with that instrumentality.

Knowingly. Which I believe case law indicates. Usually this applies to giving someone your car knowing he's an ******* behind the wheel.

Knowingly. Which I believe case law indicates. Usually this applies to giving someone your car knowing he's an ******* behind the wheel.
it's not like ruger or anyone for that matter knew or had knowledge of someone's intent. Case should get tossed out.

I thought CT was called the constitution state. Might be time for a rename.
Its original nickname is The Nutmeg State. No nutmeg was grown in the state. Legend has it CT people made fake nutmeg nuts from wood and sold those. So, CT is originally famous for being counterfeiting thiefs. FWIW, I grew up in CT. I don't miss a damned thing about it.

The dichotomy between what the law clearly requires in a ruling and what the CT marsupials want to issue as a ruling could make their heads explode.

The dichotomy between what the law clearly requires in a ruling and what the CT marsupials want to issue as a ruling could make their heads explode.
Yep, an excellent way to put it. They want exactly the opposite result from what the law was designed and intended to do. Utterly bizarre... and yet we live in a crazy Bizarro World these days where up is down and down is up so who the Hell knows? [thinking]

It'll fail just like the last lawsuit. And hopefully the plaintiffs will be left holding the bag and get ruined financially for it.
That works in the favor of the greater gun prohibitionist horde as well. The media will do sob stories about the families left destitute by gun bully corporations after trying to get justice for their family members. They have done it before.

So much this. Every suit where the defendant is found NG or the suit is later dismissed should be reimbursed by the Plantiff in full. The idea someone can drag you into court and bankrupt you is absurd.

On the count of three, let's all hold our breath waiting for Congress (too many of whom are lawyers) to pass some common sense tort reform. One....two....three....

I could have sworn the was a federal law protecting gun manufacturers from nuisance suits like this.

Also I have this nagging feeling that there was a SCOTUS decision a few years ago that affirmed that yes we ARE supposed to have access the same equipage as the military... I suppose that one could be wishful thinking but the first point for sure.

Right, I was just being an *** about the spelling.

The law protects manufacturers and so the lower court rightly dismissed the suit. Now they're in CT Supreme Court where, presumably the matter will be laid to rest. There is no other possible outcome if the courts follow the Constitution and the law.

Never heard anyone utter those words in my life. Other than the navy sub base, the state itself and the majority of its population are useless.

They do have a nice aquarium. It's every bit as good or better than the one in Boston and more accessible.

Also, the Merritt Parkway is a fun drive.

And CT is the home of Hank Morgan!

Beyond that, CT doesn't have a lot to offer me.

I'd like to see a law passed that imposes fines on individuals/organizations that file lawsuits that have been previously ruled on by the Supreme Court and are blatantly unconstitutional.

That works in the favor of the greater gun prohibitionist horde as well. The media will do sob stories about the families left destitute by gun bully corporations after trying to get justice for their family members. They have done it before.

Not really, because nobody with a brain gives a shit about those people. You can only twist stupidity so much. That story ends up being a sidebar on A4 or something like that in a newspaper. It appears, its gone. Low memetic value.

However, that aside... If we're going to play the emo "abuse by bullies" card, how about the attorneys or anti gun orgs that bullied them into filing a lawsuit by giving them a false sense of entitlement- those bullies- they exploit someone elses personal loss for their own political gain... and those pieces of shit shouldn't go unmentioned. I have no doubt that most of these people were accosted by ambulance chaser types or antis, this isn't something they just went out and did "on their
own... "

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom