Newtown looking for holes in Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

It's been ~ 5 years since I drove it (in a Mustang GT). Did it get congested? [frown]

all depends on the time of day and holidays etc. When it backs up, it gets pretty bad and even a small accident closes it.

I do not drive it as often as I used to, but I have probably driven it at least twice a year since the 80's.

It's been ~ 5 years since I drove it (in a Mustang GT). Did it get congested? [frown]

I've been on it like twice in the past 3 months (running most of the length of it) early on a saturday morning.... its actually a pretty nice ride if you get out there early enough.

When I picked up my car I made the mistake of not going back on 15... it would have had some cars... but 95 was a fuggin nightmare compared to the way down.

-Mike

Hey, the bridges are pretty, especially the one with the art deco wings, and if you run it when it was not too crowded it can be a blast. My Audi loved that road when there was room to run.

the Igor Sirkorsky bridge is pretty cool, too... with the fog rolling off the water in the AM...

Didn't they learn the lesson last time? The lawyers make all the money, the parents get dragged around and used only to lose the case and receive no money. The ambulance chasers are the only ones making money in this scenario.

Didn't they learn the lesson last time? The lawyers make all the money, the parents get dragged around and used only to lose the case and receive no money. The ambulance chasers are the only ones making money in this scenario.
With all due respect for the memory of the poor children those parents have made a living off that tragedy. When I say that I mean they have new careers and I assume that they are not sacrificing their lifestyles for the new jobs.

With all due respect for the memory of the poor children those parents have made a living off that tragedy. When I say that I mean they have new careers and I assume that they are not sacrificing their lifestyles for the new jobs.

It's too bad they didn't get Lanza alive. In the absence of the actual perp they have to create boogeymen to attack. Someone has to be held accountable and if the only two people (Lanza and mother who made the gun too available to Adam) who could have been held accountable are dead, there's a vacuum that needs filling in order for these poor dear parents to have closure.

It's too bad they didn't get Lanza alive. In the absence of the actual perp they have to create boogeymen to attack. Someone has to be held accountable and if the only two people (Lanza and mother who made the gun too available to Adam) who could have been held accountable are dead, there's a vacuum that needs filling in order for these poor dear parents to have closure.

Actually if he was alive that would be really bad, because it'd give the media license to keep regurgitating the event in the media instead of letting it die- which does two things that work against us- it creates additional incentive for psychos to do these kinds of things because fame; and it also increases the fluff factor of such events, etc. Sandy Hook was as bad as it was, last thing we needed was even more reason for the media to keep talking about and lionizing that piece of shit in the years after. Look at what happened with the "beltway sniper" thing... do you think that they would have repeated the names of that guy and his kid 9000 times if the cops (or citizens) had shot both of them dead?

It's also hopelessly naive to think that they still wouldn't "blame the guns" etc.

-Mike

Last edited:
Actually if he was alive that would be really bad, because it'd give the media license to keep regurgitating the event in the media instead of letting it die- which does two things that work against us- it creates additional incentive for psychos to do these kinds of things because fame; and it also increases the fluff factor of such events, etc. Sandy Hook was as bad as it was, last thing we needed was even more reason for the media to keep talking about and lionizing that piece of shit in the years after. Look at what happened with the "beltway sniper" thing... do you think that they would have repeated the names of that guy and his kid 9000 times if the cops (or citizens) had shot both of them dead?

It's also hopelessly naive to think that they still wouldn't "blame the guns" etc.

-Mike

But they HAVE been reliving / rehashing it and not letting it die. Basically, it's irrelevant whether Lanza were to live or die - it would not have altered the anti's approach much. They'd just have a live example to point to as they dance on the graves of the children.

But they HAVE been reliving / rehashing it and not letting it die. Basically, it's irrelevant whether Lanza were to live or die - it would not have altered the anti's approach much. They'd just have a live example to point to as they dance on the graves of the children.

I'm not talking the antis so much as the mass media in general. Antis are still whining about columbine for chrissake. Look at any of these perps, there's an easy 2-3 times more media coverage in the aftermath of such incidents for the non dead ones. After Aurora for weeks (because of trial etc) they had pimply psycho guys mug on the TV and papers a whole bunch of times where otherwise, that wouldn't have happened. Same thing with Loughner (although that incident got somewhat suppressed, given that its a square state that national lefty media types don't really care about). Media gets more traction and lifespan out of bad guys that are alive than the dead ones.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom