NH non resident permit?

NH Non-Resident Pistol License - Number to Call

603-271-3575

Sometimes she's on the phone or doesn't answer...just keep trying and you'll eventually get her on the phone.

Finally!

My NH license finally arrived today (almost 9 weeks from when I mailed it)! The expiration date is the same month/year as my MA LTC. Watch out: it arrives in a smaller-than-normal-sized envelope!

My NH license finally arrived today (almost 9 weeks from when I mailed it)! The expiration date is the same month/year as my MA LTC. Watch out: it arrives in a smaller-than-normal-sized envelope!

I mailed mine in a day before you and it's still not here. I hope the mailman doesn't have a hole in his bag.[smile]

Just came today, feb. 6th. Mailed in app. on Dec. 4th. I guess the mailman didn't have a hole in his bag after all.[smile] This is good because I travel to southern NH all the time.

Now I am waiting on Maine.

Does the 14 day issue law apply to non res renuals?

I had mailed in my renewal the begining of February and my permit expires Saturday. I called the state police and I got an oh well, carry openly. They are on apps received in January. WTF !?!

Does the 14 day issue law apply to non res renuals?

Yes, but it's enforced about as well as the required time MA has to issue theirs. Fact is NH is understaffed, and the NH non-res is only $20 for 4 years it isn't about to cover the cost of adding more staffing. I suppose if NH changed the cost to $100 annually (like MA non-res) they could do a better job processing applications quickly. If I were in your shoes I'd rather wait a bit longer and continue to pay the 5 bucks a year.

Of course I see your in RI the one state that is all but impossible to obtain a non-res license.

You would figure renewals would take preference over new applications. Or at least an extension on the expiration date. I filed the renewal app two months in advance and my permit will expire DUE TO NO FAULT OF MY OWN. As far a getting a permit in RI if you don't like what you hear, file a lawsuit.

You would figure renewals would take preference over new applications. Or at least an extension on the expiration date. I filed the renewal app two months in advance and my permit will expire DUE TO NO FAULT OF MY OWN. As far a getting a permit in RI if you don't like what you hear, file a lawsuit.

I didn't say it was any fault of yours. I only explained that the state is understaffed and underfunded to process all the non-res applications. You could file a lawsuit, but be careful what you wish for. NH could easily turn around and considerably raise the fee for a non-res permit, or even just plain refuse to issue non-residents permits.

As for me filing a lawsuit against the RI AG, that would cost a considerable amount of time and money. When it comes to picking and choosing my battles, I'll pass on the lawsuit against RI thank you. I don't visit the state more than once or twice a year, and the only time I visit RI is work related. No offense, but I have absolutely positively no desire or reason to go to RI. I don't even like going there when it's work related.

You've got one up on me, I have to live here. I miss Maine.

I understand they are understaffed, and a lot more people want to exercise their rights. With what I've gone through in RI I feel really let down by NH.

You've got one up on me, I have to live here. I miss Maine.

I understand they are understaffed, and a lot more people want to exercise their rights. With what I've gone through in RI I feel really let down by NH.

If it's been two months since you applied, you should be getting it soon. I believe that is about how long it has been taking to process.

after eagerly checking the mailbox every day for the last month, mine finally came today!
applied around second week in january, so let's see.... carry the one... figure about 11 or so weeks from start to finish.

now if i could just get those c&r applications to show up...

after eagerly checking the mailbox every day for the last month, mine finally came today!
applied around second week in january, so let's see.... carry the one... figure about 11 or so weeks from start to finish.

now if i could just get those c&r applications to show up...

Well that's good to know. I applied the third week of January and was wondering if something got lost!

Back
Top Bottom