NH resident flying out of Logan with guns

I'm an MA resident with an LTC and I've flown out of Logan numerous times with guns. Never once has the police or TSA been involved, but just a word of caution that some of the airline employees (particularly at baggage/ticketing) aren't the brightest of the bunch and may not understand the process, so just calmly say "I would like to declare a firearm" and do not bring up your state residence at all (beyond showing them your ID if they ask). Logan is not LaGuardia (which is notorious for arresting people in your situation) so you should be fine.
I’ve flown out of Logan almost yearly for the past 20 yrs. going hunting in Montana and also never had an issue with law enforcement or staff behind the counter. I’m more concerned about the bystanders who see me open the case and put the “gun is unloaded” tag inside the case than I am about getting hassled by airline staff or police. As others have said, it is always a good idea to keep with you in hardcopy the airline policy toward firearms.

I’ve flown out of Logan almost yearly for the past 20 yrs. going hunting in Montana and also never had an issue with law enforcement or staff behind the counter. I’m more concerned about the bystanders who see me open the case and put the “gun is unloaded” tag inside the case than I am about getting hassled by airline staff or police. As others have said, it is always a good idea to keep with you in hardcopy the airline policy toward firearms.
How do you bring home what you harvest?

+1 to all of this.

Logan processes over two million passengers a month. This isn’t unusual.

Back
Top Bottom