• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Night sights on G43

hessy

NES Member
Who can install night sights on the Glock 43 on the North Shore? Called FS, their gunsmith said he did not have the tools to deal with G43, thinner slide. Strange.
TIA

Just got my 43 done @ northeast arms. Peabody/Saugus area. Pretty cool shop for repairs/upgrades... lots of parts there too

Me too. Stopped by Northeast and the gunsmith installed it withing minutes. Very nice. I will keep them in mind until next time.

Who can install night sights on the Glock 43 on the North Shore? Called FS, their gunsmith said he did not have the tools to deal with G43, thinner slide. Strange.
TIA

If I did it myself, I am sure you can too. You just need to make sure you have this or similar for the front site and a vise of course.

[video=youtube_share;FAMIns_eB0c]http://youtu.be/FAMIns_eB0c[/video]

Last edited:
Do it yourself. I put aluminum jaws on the vice and tap away. My 2 cents are to only use tritium in the front and black in back so there won't be any risk of damage to the rear anyway.

Do it yourself. I put aluminum jaws on the vice and tap away. My 2 cents are to only use tritium in the front and black in back so there won't be any risk of damage to the rear anyway.

I've put in front and back tritium on about 25 glocks now. Common sense says make sure the receiving dove tail is clean. Put a small coating of oil in the dovetail and drive it home most of the way with a hard plastic mallet. When nearing completion use a few taps with a brass punch. Never had an issue. Glocks don't have super tight dovetails. XDM and others not so much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom