• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No more Colt ARs

Ha! Funny you mention that. Very few people know that I own a gun, let alone the amount I actually have. One of my friend’s wife had made a comment at a cookout, then turned to me and said, “and do you even need X ARs?”

My response was simple and shut her up for the night. “Investment, Mel. Just another investment.”

I plan on stashing as many lowers as I can afford before the election

Not even the same comparison, especially since Colt said they are putting a hold on civvie sales.

Better than your poverty pony

Lol.. According to who, and what makes it better.
Who has done the reliability testing?
Does it have some super special gas system?

Isn’t this the second time Colt said eff you to civilians in favor of police and military sales?

Eff them back, and the bow legged lesbian horse they rode in on.

Though I do still list for a Gen 2 SAA.

Isn’t this the second time Colt said eff you to civilians in favor of police and military sales?

Eff them back, and the bow legged lesbian horse they rode in on.

Though I do still list for a Gen 2 SAA.

Along with BCM and Aero. Big freedom fighters wont even sell direct to our state.
Team players.

Last edited:
Nah I already sold mine to keep it in MA to piss off Healy. If I had one now I'd wait till 2020 elections and make a killing.
That’s exactly what scares me as someone whom has yet to obtain a righteous AR. It feels like I’m back in high school when all the cool kids lost their virginity and I was the odd man out. Late to the party! Again! GAH!!!!

That’s exactly what scares me as someone whom has yet to obtain a righteous AR. It feels like I’m back in high school when all the cool kids lost their virginity and I was the odd man out. Late to the party! Again! GAH!!!!

I totally understand, i got fleeced for a pre-94 sold it for a pre-healy and then moved, so i'm stockpiling lowers as fast as i can afford... which isn't enough lol. Trust me, be patient and save for what you want. I saw two LMT's go on sale in MA for 1500, if i was in the state for that price I'd jump on it. I wish I waited for those instead of cycling through colts.

Maura Healey is not going be helpful with either of your wishes there I'm afraid.

You might have better luck with Beto. [kiss]

:emoji_tiger:

I know, but its the principle. Sad.
They can't sell me a friggin charging handle, whose side are they on?

Couldn’t agree more. I tried to order a LPK from them and received a kind email saying that shipping to MA was a no-go.

I guess they don’t think the risk is worth it, which is fine as it’s their business. I wouldn’t want to be the first test case in MA if I didn’t have to be.

Couldn’t agree more. I tried to order a LPK from them and received a kind email saying that shipping to MA was a no-go.

I guess they don’t think the risk is worth it, which is fine as it’s their business. I wouldn’t want to be the first test case in MA if I didn’t have to be.

Test case? There are many company's that ship to Mass.
But my point is that Colt is now being reprimanded for being anti 2a. Well then add BCM and Aero to the list.

Why are they anti Massachusetts? Would it have anything to so with the 2nd ammendment?
Do they realize that pro 2a law abiding citizens live in Massachusetts.
Be nice if they helped joined the fight.

Target sports could have thrown up the middle finger too, they decided to throw the middle finger up to the Antis.
These companies need to grow a set and practice what they preach.

Why are they anti Massachusetts? Would it have anything to so with the 2nd ammendment?

Target sports could have thrown up the middle finger too, they decided to throw the middle finger up to the Antis.

Because they don’t want to risk litigation by the AG. Target Sports, and some others are willing to take that chance.

Some are comfortable with that risk, others aren’t. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Because they don’t want to risk litigation by the AG. Target Sports, and some others are willing to take that chance.

Some are comfortable with that risk, others aren’t. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

What's the risk on selling a M-lock rail?. Are they banned in mass?
NES has softened up 10 fold in recent years.

They are Anti MA because they don't want to deal with the AG MA citizens elected, they don't want to deal with the people that put Warren on the national stage. The rest of the country feels the same way about MA as they do NJ.

Helped join the fight?...F' Massachusetts, the fight is against MA, NJ, NY now

Wow, talk about a panic bubble. Yesterday a guy showed me a Gunbroker auction in which he was bidding for an LE6920. The price was up to $1300.

What's the risk on selling a M-lock rail?. Are they banned in mass?
NES has softened up 10 fold in recent years.

They think there’s a risk, and they don’t want to take it. It’s not your skin in the game, so why are you taking it as such an egregious offense they don’t want to sell in MA?

You can still buy their parts, you just have to do it indirectly.

I wish I could say the fit and finish is the difference between the two. But some of Colt’s new guns come with dings and scarthes. I bought a colt a4 with handling marks and I cut it from the wrapper, I sold it on gunbroker two days ago. I got a psa stealth lower for a capco a2 upper, the lower had a nasty finish My friend duracoated it and it’s gorgeous. I would recommend a capco upper if you see one. Fn has a better factory finish.

Test case? There are many company's that ship to Mass.
But my point is that Colt is now being reprimanded for being anti 2a. Well then add BCM and Aero to the list.

Not sure if BCM still has this policy but they made this statement back in 2013.

The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible private individuals having access to the same tools of civilian Law Enforcement to affect the same ends. Securing and defending ourselves, our loved ones and innocent people if the situation arises. As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying as an investment, nor with selling at a profit.

It's legal to make a profit without a license. Lots of FFLs who are "in the business" never turn an adequate profit.
The key is intent, not the act of selling itself. ATF has claimed successful prosecutions for a person selling as few as two firearms "for intentional profit." If he goes around saying "I'm planning to buy these to flip them for a profit," that is different from "these happened to appreciate in value and I was able to sell them for more than I paid. The former is potentially a crime, the latter is a fortunate financial outcome.

The key is intent, not the act of selling itself. ATF has claimed successful prosecutions for a person selling as few as two firearms "for intentional profit." If he goes around saying "I'm planning to buy these to flip them for a profit," that is different from "these happened to appreciate in value and I was able to sell them for more than I paid. The former is potentially a crime, the latter is a fortunate financial outcome.

Lol, profit motive off 2 guns? There's a lot of factors involved in determining that.

-Mike

Lol, profit motive off 2 guns? There's a lot of factors involved in determining that.

-Mike
Of course there's lots of factors--I'm just saying ATF has claimed successful prosecution off of the sale of two guns, so I wouldn't go around saying I was planning to buy a bunch of serialized items "to flip for money." Which I acknowledge isn't exactly what the first poster said--I was responding jocundly to his post.

More importantly, I wouldn't say that to any random person who I just met (the topic would likely not even come). It's a close friend's wife.

Dusenbergs were very expensive. They were around $15k for a base model. The average Dr. made $3k a year back in the 30's. So ya. Quality doesn't mean crap at that price point.

95% of the Ar rifles on the market are built to mil-spec. And I'd still buy the colt. They've been used for 50 years. And resale value, and collectability.
When you pay extra for a Daniel defence how much more are you getting? Can you prove that colt isnt as good as XYZ to justify the premium. I can buy a colt and slap on a nice rail, a nice stock an $85 larue trigger.
Colt doesnt have to prove its reliability, theyve proven themselves already. And they arent unaffordable. If I'm paying 1600 or more or a boutique brand AR then you better prove the cost hike, not just assume it.
Now when it comes to windham, and PSA, bushy. Something has to give there. Do they work, yes. But I'm still buying the Colt, cuz colt.
The same goes if you flip it around.
What does colt do different to be Colt and make it better.

On mil spec contract level platform as long as the manufacture is making them to spec the difference is very little.

I would love to see the actual quality control specs “mil spec” puts out for the ARs .
I dont believe ANY manufacture is going to do more than what the contract demands. US procurement wants X amount of units at Y price By Z date and have a min % of defects or failures per A amount of units.

Just like ammo- LC could easily make M855 better. But why when it does mot have to be.

The one and only reason COLT has a jump on the ARs is they bought the rights to the design original design and had a jump start on production.
Maybe I have it wrong but the M16 was not contracted out to the lowest bidder ...colt was the only manufacture?

What a lot of people miss out is if a AR cost us $1000 there is no way the military is going to pay $1000 when buying them in the 10s or 100s thousand units.
Colt still needs to make money. So how much does it really cost to make M16/M4 or what ever they are calling it cost to make. Figure that out and rethink how “high quality” plays in.
Most things USGI are US “G”ood “I”nuff.

You like colt buy it. You like PSA buy it.

Last thing: I think colt is behind on its contract numbers and dead lines. Im sure “.gov” has a contract clause that says if not delivered by X , no money for you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom