Non A.G. approved handgun transfer....

I already have one SVI, but that's because it came from them all built and ready to shoot and I didn't have to wait 3 months to get it. I must have called them at the right time when they had one ready to go. The waiting can be excruciating for me. Especially since once I place an order I can't sleep till I get it.

As Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers observed (as used in the Homer Gets a Gun episode of The Simpsons);

The way - yay - ting is the hardest part! [wink]

First, Tami or Brandon will help you decide (as will any of the SVI owners at the USPSA events). Having an SVI built to your specs is the ballistic equivalent of "bespoke clothing."

For those with a "fast food" / off-the-rack tastes, there's STI.

Not that I have an opinion....

This exchange between Scrivener and Cross-X demonstrates why a pair of lawyers should never, I repeat NEVER be allowed to procreate!

[rofl]

Scrivener and Cross-X as a "couple" . . . perish the thought! That's enough to run shivers down the spine!

Back off Counselor. I have a wicked bad Rustlers Rhapsody quote, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I suggest we yield to Frosty's obviously superior knowledge of all things aberrant. You can't argue with first-hand experience.......

I suggest we yield to Frosty's obviously superior knowledge of all things aberrant. You can't argue with first-hand experience.......

This exchange between Scrivener and Cross-X demonstrates why a pair of lawyers should never, I repeat NEVER be allowed to procreate!

I think it's too late. One of this pair is already showing the first signs of impairment. A lack of understanding of the issues coupled with the over-use of irrelevant Thesaurus entries.

We can only pray that he doesn't suffer too much embarassment.

[rofl]

Mod Hat On!
[offtopic]

OK! More than enough banter here.

Back on topic or the thread gets locked and trimmed! Anyone looking for info in the future need not wade thru pages of personal jabs to find it. Go to Off Topic if you want a dueling contest, it does NOT belong in Gun Laws forum!

The Management!

Since FA-10's don't have to be filed can't he bring these into the state legally unless they're large capacity or LEO only?

I would be of the opinion that there would be nothing wrong with bringing the guns in, or selling them, but I bet conspiring to do so, before the fact, on this board in a blatant attemt to circumseed state law COULD be against the law.

Now I'm not Scrivener or Cross-X...they went to school for this, but somewhere in the back of my mind a bell is going off.

What say you counselors?

I would be of the opinion that there would be nothing wrong with bringing the guns in, or selling them, but I bet conspiring to do so, before the fact, on this board in a blatant attemt to circumseed state law COULD be against the law.

Now I'm not Scrivener or Cross-X...they went to school for this, but somewhere in the back of my mind a bell is going off.

What say you counselors?

Remember this: the purpose of these regulations is to protect consumers from the clutches of supposedly evil gun dealers who might try to take advantage of us by foisting off dangerously constructed, easily defaced guns upon we, the unsuspecting consumer-purchasers.

If, on the other hand, we should purchase guns from another consumer, rather than from a sneaky gun dealer, it is a level playing field, as the transaction is occurring not between a dealer and a consumer, but rather between two consumers deemed to have equal knowledge and bargaining power.

Neither the Attorney General nor his consumer protection regulatory enforcement henchmen can have any say as to whether what we buy from a private individual has tamper resistent serial numbers, has survived a drop test, or meets the several other standards that handguns sold by gun dealers in Massachusetts must.

So, to answer your question, there is nothing wrong with working within, or around, Massachusetts' consumer protection regulations by asking someone to lawfully purchase a gun while he is a resident of a free state and then buying such a gun from him once he moves to and establishes residence in Massachusetts then sells that gun privately to you as one of his up-to-four-private-sales-per-year via an FA 10.

This is an utterly lawful transfer, and no consumers, or small animals, would be harmed. Futhermore, the Attorney General has no dog in that race, because no sale occurred between a blackhearted Massachusetts gun dealer and a hapless, unsuspecting, supposedly easily victimized firearms consumer.

"Don't worry, ma'am, it's legal!"

Darius Arbabi

Since FA-10's don't have to be filed can't he bring these into the state legally unless they're large capacity or LEO only?

I'm sorry but the way this is worded looks confusing to me. I'll give it my best attempt to answer what I "think" the question should be:

- ANY handgun can be brought in when you move here. Perfectly legal.

- ANY hi-cap mag can also be brought in when you move here (or any other time) as long as it is made pre-9/13/94. If the person moving in is LEO and the gun can be used for LE purposes (on or off duty), then s/he could bring in otherwise restricted hi-cap mags . . . but that is the only exemption.

- FA-10s only on guns that "don't move in with you" when you move here. Many wait until they get their LTC . . . and in that case you must file FA-10s for each gun when you bring them into MA.

Hope that does it.

Back
Top Bottom