Non A.G. approved handgun transfer....

MRJ

I'm about to become a Ma. resident and I have several handguns that aren't on the A.G. approved roster. I know that an FFL can't transfer these firearms, but from reading these posts it looks like it's perfectly legal to transfer between individual licensed residents - up to 4 per year. Is it legal to bring in 4 - new 3rd gen. glocks to make a few bucks with proper, legal transfers?

You could pay for your move bringing in guns otherwise unavailable here when you come, and then selling them, up to 4/year.

Note that a multiple handgun purchase may attract the attention of BATFE, however.

Unfortunately my pockets aren't deep enough to sustain the 4 per year resale. Anyone looking for anything special?

Unfortunately my pockets aren't deep enough to sustain the 4 per year resale. Anyone looking for anything special?

A phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

On the serious side if you were to bring in a nice Glock 36.....

I'll put in for a Kel-Tec P3AT (the .380, preferably in black) if you're taking orders. PM for details if serious...

That's what they make credit cards for. [smile]

ESP to MRJ~~~~~~~~~(Springfield XD 45, I say again Springfield XD 45) [rolleyes]

Second ESP to MRJ~~~~(I have cash, I say again I have cash)

Isn't this the definition of a straw purchase? Should you guys be discussing this on a public forum? I'm not referring to you bringing in a few MRJ, just the part about taking orders.

Isn't this the definition of a straw purchase? Should you guys be discussing this on a public forum? I'm not referring to you bringing in a few MRJ, just the part about taking orders.

If both parties are licensed, is this actually a problem? It's not like MA isn't recording exactly who owns it at any particular time, if the regulations are followed. My impression is that straw purchases are bad when the purchaser is licensed and the intended recipient is not.

That said, IANAL.

Kyle

Isn't this the definition of a straw purchase?

Nope. He would be making a legal purchase in his current residence, then moving to Massachusetts and selling them in accordance with existing law. As long as he complied with the existing law and did in fact establish residency, where is the problem in that?

Now, if he did that repeatedly year after year, then I am sure that someone might take note and do something.

It wouldn't be a straw purchase, but doing too much of it might get yourself flagged as being in the business without a proper license.

Ken

Are FN 5.7's legal in NH? I'd buy one of those 5.7x28's in a heartbeat! Oh to be able to buy what eveybody else can... sigh...

I believe it's legal, and seeing as you're near year-end, you might be able to bring/dispose of 8 within a very short amount of time. I believe the restriction is on a per calendar year basis.

IANAL, but there are several on this board who may weigh in with opinions on the legality of the basic premise and/or the concept of taking advance money to make the pre-MA purchase. As far as I can tell, this would be a 1-time shot so you wouldn't be considered a dealer. And I'm sure you'd have a bunch of instant MA best friends.

NH doesn't ban any guns, so as long as you are a NH RESIDENT you can buy anything that your heart desires and your wallet can afford.

However, if you do NOT live in NH, all handguns must be transferred thru a FFL in YOUR HOME STATE (this is Fed Law) and thus the FN may or may not be legal depending on your HOME STATE laws. In MA, the FN will most likely NEVER be approved for sale due to the politics of it's "reputation".

if you happened to bring a TRP Light Rail Armory Kote PC9105L with a full rail, like this
pc9105lso8.jpg
(minus the light) you could make some quick cash...
PM me if you're serious

Last edited:
Why wait for the copy when the REAL gun is on the AFR and has been for almost 4 years?

www.sviguns.com

Don't settle for cheap imitations!

A wholly unbiased, objective, and completely impartial opinion.........[wink]

Unless I missed something on the SVI web site, you have to specify everything, piece by piece, in order for them to build you a gun.

Waaaaay too much work, especially if one has no idea what most of those goodies are.

STI makes it much, much easier. You just call 'em up and say, "Give me an STI Trubor Grandmaster", and they pull one off the shelf and send you one. Simple!

Waaaaay too much work, especially if one has no idea what most of those goodies are.

STI makes it much, much easier. You just call 'em up and say, "Give me an STI Trubor Grandmaster", and they pull one off the shelf and send you one. Simple!

Amen to that. Every time I try to go thru the SVI Gunbuilder I end up confused and frustrated. Too many decisions.

-Cuz.

Amen to that. Every time I try to go thru the SVI Gunbuilder I end up confused and frustrated. Too many decisions.

I presume you two also avoid Baskin-Robbins, Howard Johnsons (if there are any left) and prefer McDonalds to a serious deli....... [rolleyes]

I presume you two also avoid Baskin-Robbins, Howard Johnsons (if there are any left) and prefer McDonalds to a serious deli....... [rolleyes]

Sciv, thanks for sending up a trial ballon false analogy and waiting to see if anyone falls for it. (grin)

When Baskin-Robins starts insisting that I make 46 decisions before they'll give me what I want, I'll never go there again.

When Baskin-Robins starts insisting that I make 46 decisions before they'll give me what I want, I'll never go there again.

You SO disappoint me! I would have thought you would certainly appreciate the power of making decisions.

But then, that's why some buy Buicks and others order Jags - or shoot IDPA and not USPSA - the decisions overwhelm them.......! [devil]

You SO disappoint me! I would have thought you would certainly appreciate the power of making decisions.

But then, that's why some buy Buicks and others order Jags - or shoot IDPA and not USPSA - the decisions overwhelm them.......! [devil]

There you go again, can't you, just for a change of pace, throw in some other error of logic?

You're beginning to lose your rapt audience. (pbbbbbbt!)

Scrivener,
Not at all. When it comes to food I know exactly what I like and have no problem making decisions. When it comes to building my own gun, I am clueless, and not afraid to admit it. I like shooting them, not building them. I already have one SVI, but that's because it came from them all built and ready to shoot and I didn't have to wait 3 months to get it. I must have called them at the right time when they had one ready to go. The waiting can be excruciating for me. Especially since once I place an order I can't sleep till I get it. Don't get me wrong, the gunbuilder is an awesome thing for more experienced shooters. But for beginners who just want a real nice gun to shoot the idea of flipping open an STI catalog and saying "I'll take that one" is very appealing.
I'm hoping that when the precision sports package/law/whatever it is becomes a reality STI will be able to do business in MA.
I for one can't wait.
-Cuz.

This exchange between Scrivener and Cross-X demonstrates why a pair of lawyers should never, I repeat NEVER be allowed to procreate!

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom