• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA phone call

I received a call this morning from the NRA regarding Chipman and contacting my senators. The man calling kept stumbling and muttering, barely coherent, but I digress.
When I explained that I already had contacted them on my own, but that the NRA had lost all my respect and credibility by not getting rid of Wayne, downsizing its board, allowing for free board elections without "recommendations", and that SAF was starting to look good, the phone line went dead. So much for listening to the concerns of NRA members.
But I could have received a back pack if I went to an extended membership!!

pretty sure the guy that called was a hired temp employee and you wasted your breath with the rant. my guess is he never heard of the nra until he was hired for the gig.
Probably hired a bunch from a temp agency, paying minimum wage, gave 'em a script and a phone list. If they're lucky they'll get some bonus or kickback commission based on how many donations/memberships they get.

I'm sure he was a temp working the phones on a contract.
But I was hoping that the recording would be heard by someone associated with the NRA.

But I could have received a back pack if I went to an extended membership!!
my friend leon use to give me his sweet "day packs" aarp use to give him for yearly renewals. they made great magazine pouches. i still use them to tote mags to the range to keep my range bag free from clutter. too bad leons dead, i'd like a few more.

Some mail that I returned to them yesterday.

View attachment 490669

I love it! I used to do the same thing to them before they finally stopped mailing me.

If you want to do this, here's a little tip. The paid return envelope they include will cost them money the thicker and heavier it is. At the very least, stuff everything they mailed you back in it before you send it. You could also put your response in a box and tape the return envelope to it and give it to your friendly mailman! Boxes are even more expensive the heavier they are so maybe they need some spare bricks for paperweights? Up to you.

To think they're bankrupt, yet have the money to hire a temp agency to beg for more money.

Utter fugging disgrace and the sad thing is even if everyone stopped donating, the gun industry would still be donating to them to distribute the protection money to the GOP in DC.

I’m a bit disappointed that my membership runs out this month and I haven’t gotten so much as a single phone call or piece of junk mail….

I love it! I used to do the same thing to them before they finally stopped mailing me.

If you want to do this, here's a little tip. The paid return envelope they include will cost them money the thicker and heavier it is. At the very least, stuff everything they mailed you back in it before you send it. You could also put your response in a box and tape the return envelope to it and give it to your friendly mailman! Boxes are even more expensive the heavier they are so maybe they need some spare bricks for paperweights? Up to you.

Not since the Post Office caught onto this trick and stopped allowing it, decades ago. This article was written in 1984.

"Unfortunately, your bricks-for-business scheme, admirable though it is in theory, won’t work in practice. According to rule 917.243(b) in the Domestic Mail Manual, when a business reply card is “improperly used as a label” — e.g., when it’s affixed to a brick — the item so labeled may be treated as “waste.” That means the post office can toss it in the trash without further ado."

Not since the Post Office caught onto this trick and stopped allowing it, decades ago. This article was written in 1984.

"Unfortunately, your bricks-for-business scheme, admirable though it is in theory, won’t work in practice. According to rule 917.243(b) in the Domestic Mail Manual, when a business reply card is “improperly used as a label” — e.g., when it’s affixed to a brick — the item so labeled may be treated as “waste.” That means the post office can toss it in the trash without further ado."

But if the brick is in a box.....

If you want to do this, here's a little tip. The paid return envelope they include will cost them money the thicker and heavier it is.

This isn’t true.

If it’s too thick or too heavy for the service they paid for it gets discarded by the usps; otherwise they get charged flat rate.

This isn’t true.

If it’s too thick or too heavy for the service they paid for it gets discarded by the usps; otherwise they get charged flat rate.

Even if they are getting charged the flat rate, that's still costing them money for getting their own crap back.

Even if they are getting charged the flat rate, that's still costing them money for getting their own crap back.

Yes! I'm just saying you shouldn't waste your time making it fatter or heavier.

I print my own envelopes if they don't supply a postage paid one! PDFs included for your printing pleasure!

Attachments

• FU_NRA_envelope_membership-2.pdf
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
  • FU_NRA_envelope-membership.pdf
    23.4 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom