Obama Assault Weapon Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "smart" liberal news outlets are caveating Obama's statement to suggest that he might, possibly, support a renewed AWB, if it comes forth from Congress. Trying to tone it down.

Tonight Obama stated durring the debate that he wants to "Reinstitute the Assaults Weapon Ban".

The cat's is out of the bag.

If you have kids and watch nickelodeon it has been out for about a week and a half. On the last kids choose the president he announced itn because it's for the children after all. But in that one he went a step further to say all semi automatics.

Well, they both could be lying about what they would or would not do with gun control. BUT, Osama actually stated on national television (during a high profile debate) that he WOULD PUSH FOR A BAN. Not a panic, just stating what was said.

Seems pretty clear to me...go with someone who "might" try a ban or someone who "will" try a ban.

You "might" be a winner! [rolleyes]

Last edited:
So a gun grabber is debating a gun grabber and you guys are surprised that they are talking about grabbing guns?

Exactly.

I think this was a ploy by Obama to smoke out Romney on his REAL position and make him look like a jackass.

He did a good job. Because Romney played right into it.

From Denninger's site:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=212785

ROMNEY: "I WAS ABLE TO DO THAT IN MY STATE"

Son of a bitch!

Romney just said he was able to get both sides together and pass legislation to ban weapons in Massachusetts.

There you go folks.

You heard it right out of his mouth.

This jackass has no respect for the 2nd Amendment if he can get both sides of the aisle to agree -- he has NOT changed his mind.

He was given the clear opportunity to repudiate his signing statement on the assault weapons ban in Massachusetts AND INSTEAD OF DOING SO HE JUST RE-ENDORSED HIS PREVIOUS POSITION ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.

You gonna vote for Mittens? This is what you deserve if you do.

akcs-www

BOTH CATS ARE OUT OF THE BAG.

As of right now? A bunch of a**h***s driving the cost up on everything in the industry.

They're working in an industry that might be legislated out of existence - therefore they might all be about to lose their jobs.

What the hell are they SUPPOSED to do? Lower the prices?

You want cheap gun parts ? Stop voting idiots into office.

It means whatever he could get to his desk, he would sign. A complete ban, with forfeiture, only allowing a narrow range of caliber and gauge and nothing but single shot .....TO........banning what has already been effectively banned by the BATFE for years.

Whatever congress can get to him he would sign.

And Romney said he would too.

I hope all the Romney supporters are happy. Your excuses for him are rapidly fading away.

Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah...'86'...Oh and '94'...Oh and.... [wink]

IDK Mark, the political landscape does change......I think the NRA is good a reminding pols of what happens to careers when they vote the wrong way.

IDK Mark, the political landscape does change......I think the NRA is good a reminding pols of what happens to careers when they vote the wrong way.

One would hope. The NRA has also done a good job at mucking things up as well, so I guess it's a draw. Time will tell. At the same time, I guess if you look at the Patriot Act and the National Defense Appropriations Act, along with the voting records of those who supported it, one could certainly detect a pattern that many in Congress and the Senate have little issue with restricting liberty...

Excellent debate, for a change they got asked more real questions. The gun question was a great example, it really put them on the spot. Reading this thread, I have to say, I could almost agree with anyone's assessment of what might happen.

My own crystal ball predicts that exactly nothing is going to happen on the gun "issue", cause neither one of them wants it to be an "issue". Obama wants to just get reelected and then "fly under the radar" as he tramples all over everyone's rights via executive orders. Romney will keep from invoking the wrath of the NRA cause he needs all the help he can get. This "issue" is going to quietly go away by mutual, unspoken, agreement.

Myself? Just happy I pretty much have everything I want and need, pleased as punch that I am now reloading rather than having to buy factory made ammo. But, I might go do a panic buy or two, what the hell!!!! That is just so the gun prices go up for the extremely paranoid on this forum. Plus, it might be a good investment for down the road, if not, it will be fun shooting them anyhow.

Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah...'86'...Oh and '94'...Oh and.... [wink]

Things are a bit different now. If they couldn't pass a ban with a full democrat house and senate, why would they be able to do it now? Hell, when the renewal came up bugeyes pelosi wouldn't even sign on as a cosponsor.... that's how politically unpopular gun control is with the legislators right now. It also didn't help that the original sunset measure was effectively validated- The AWB proved to be an abject failure at anything other than stripping people of rights.

If Obama comes up with an "AWB" it's not going to be a legislative measure, it'd have to be pure abuse of the executive.

-Mike

Mike, STFU, I hate hearing the name PELOSI in the morning, it is friggn uncivilized, ruins my whole damn day. What gives you the right to ruin my day?

Man, now I got the runs, too, all your fault......

Ok, I am sorry, that was totally uncalled for, I truly and deeply apologize for that last remark.

But looking at that picture made me lose my mind for a few, I am sure you would understand, WOULDN"T YOU???

Ok, I am sorry, that was totally uncalled for, I truly and deeply apologize for that last remark.

But looking at that picture made me lose my mind for a few, I am sure you would understand, WOULDN"T YOU???

whats the difference between "apoligizing" and "deeply apologizing?"

This was a missed opportunity by Romney to explain to the questioner that "assault weapons" by Obama's administration's definition are the weapons that are only available for manufacture and sale to the government since 1986 and that no assault weapons" have been used in the high profile crimes that Obama referenced. Hunting and sport rifles are not assault weapons. I cringed as the reference to "automatic weapons" kept coming out. Really, we have a problem with these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom