Off Duty Security guard shoots kid with airsoft

SteelShooter

NES Member
Off duty security guard thought kids returning airsoft gun to sporting goods store were going to commit armed robbery. He confronted them with his weapon out and winds up killing one. Tried using the cop line of "one of them was going for his waistband". Under arrest for second degree murder.

View: https://youtu.be/qXrOYuv11vs?si=vfwaf8HLKw9MLzDV

Having control of your own finger and a trigger guard does not equate to trigger/threat discipline. Sounds like dude was hoping he’d get a chance at 15mins of fame and succeeded, just not how he envisioned it.

Too little info to go on and make a logical argument for a good shoot or bad shoot.

Things that I wonder....

Did the airsoft guns still have their orange tips?

They said guns, not gun. So multiple returns were occurring?

Were the kids trying to LARP in public?

Did they have their faces obscured?

Apart from the airsoft guns, was there anything else that they were doing that would lead a person to reasonably think an armed robbery was going to occur?

Did they have some of the original packaging that would be expected to go with entering a business to make a return or exchange?

Edit: I'm gonna wait for the security footage from the store fronts to be released.

Innocent people get charged and guilty people are let loose on the streets all the time. So this news story is a giant nothing burger.

Teens rob stores with airsoft all the time. Remember this...?

View: https://youtu.be/hkno6HzVEvA?si=1oR_PCUcRwuWDnQp

Last edited:
6 times in the back. That's enough for me.
If that article from the AP is to be believed, looks like a bad shoot if the person who died did in fact have empty hands that were up, and took 5 rounds to the back and 1 in the side.

But it's legacy media and they could tell me the sky is blue and I'd have to go check.

I'll wait for full unedited video to be released.

Prior Zimmerman move:

This story is even better

Previous thread on this incident.

I might have just said "dupe," but this thread has a sensible title, and the earlier thread, not so much.

Previous thread on this incident.

I might have just said "dupe," but this thread has a sensible title, and the earlier thread, not so much.
I searched for titles, makes sense why I didn't find it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom