One of our own here will soon be deploying to the sandbox

i was prepared to say that to the csm as i limped out the door, but I made it. didnt think so as i left, had to wait 6 hours to find out who made it.....at one point i thought the csm/ board pres was going to come across the desk and take a swipe at me. Wasnt like anything i expected. They attack your confidence and judgement, scream at you, tell you what a terrible job your doing, do want to just leave the board now, etc. CSM McPhereson actually got up and left in the middle, I found out later that he was getting coffee, but it sure didnt help my jitters.
Hed stop and ask me stuff in the middle of the NCO creed like where I was from, where Audie Murphy was from, etc, then tell me to continue with the creed right where i left off. Man, I tell ya. Now if I could just get promoted, though 11 months as a Squad Leader in Iraq as an E-5 will be a sweet bullet.

DSC00781.jpg

got to stretch the legs on my 14 this weekend out at Butler Range complex. great time, shoothouse, hard targets, iron maidens out to 700 +, grenades, shoothouse, did i metion shoothouse? very lax, laid back good time. I highly recommend it.

the stock i got from tony at troy mfg. its a troy mcs with a couple small cosmetic blems. I was poking around arfcom for a sage ebr, and tony emailed that he had some factory seconds kicking around. i got it installed it, and hid it in my trailer. i was actually showing one of the other ddms the setup when the BN CSM materialized out of thin air with the 1sg. I quickly sold the stock as no modifications blah blah blah, and turned the conversation away. Then I brought it to the CO and XO, and they both loved it, so i zeroed it, and started carrying it. I was able to get a buttstock and pistolgrip from supply, and had already shipped my scope and rings over a while back.
the nice thing about it is i can attach any m16 family pistolgrip and stocks, and its going home with me to when we leave. I put my eotech and collapsible stock on it for other than ddm missions, and really love it. should have some new pics of her out on a roof later on this week.

They've gotten real hard on modifications lately, and that would qualify as a modification, even if it wasn't permanent.

Somebody ought to point that one out as a good idea to do to make decent DM rifles. Take an M21 and add that stock system.

[jedi mind trick] there are no modifications to this weapon system[/jedi mind trick]

the CO didnt recognize it, he thought i shipped my own rifle over.

hey everyone, were home now..... i went right back to work and havent had barely any spare time, for some reason the baby is still asleep right now. I just want to thank everyone for all your support and help.
THANKS NES!!!!

Back
Top Bottom