One of our own here will soon be deploying to the sandbox

and I thought maybe we could adopt the unit. I know of another person in the unit, and Alan also knows some that are deploying with this unit. I had a few elves here help me with a soldier in Alan's unit that had no family in writing him and sending care packages.
I thought it would be nice to adopt Centermass and his unit and also make sure they have the things they need while deployed.
So let me know who would be interested and as I get the info will let you guys know.
Need a Dwarf to help? [smile]

Well, Centermass headed out about two weeks ago and says to say hello. I meant to post before but, well things got a little crazy around here.

Everything is good for him but very hot and humid, and with all the training they're doing, it's a lot of fun......

FUN? I dont thinkl I said fun, more along the lines "f***ing sun"

Hey guys, its hot in MS, were getting training rolling along, start weapons qual this week, along with a bunch of other stuff. everyones healthy, but hot. Its like 95 today. I dont have much time right noe, but thought Id drop a line.
Thanks guys.
dr

Hey guys, its hot in MS, were getting training rolling along, start weapons qual this week, along with a bunch of other stuff. everyones healthy, but hot. Its like 95 today. I dont have much time right noe, but thought Id drop a line.
Thanks guys.
dr

Glad to hear things are going along. You do have my sympathies, but look at it this way by the time you guys hit Iraq you'll think it is cooler in Iraq than MS. Just cause it will be a dry heat.[laugh] Let us know if you need anything. You got a bunch of us wanting to help your unit out.
Take care.

Thanks guys.
dr

Centermass, I'm glad you liked that enough to adopt it as your signature, I just noticed it [laugh]

hey folks, sorry havent been around in a while,,,been very busy down here. We just finished up the ARTEP, which is a good thing, got a couple a few more weeks of training then were off.
things are going well, the OCs are are a little taken aback by some of our tactics/explanations/sarcasm down here, and the translation between Massachusetts English and Mississippi Marble mouth has been a little tough on us all.
Traning is a little canned, but otherwise, not too bad. Im not sure theyre used to getting a unit that questions most if not all of the TTPs they teach, but were moving forward.
I was killed the other day, and promptly escaped from the PHA back to my barracks, where I hid until chow, when the Ops section was notified, and the Jig was up. That was a little dicey. Tough thing about being an E-5 Squad leader, is I really dont have a back up rocker....
we used the drainage swale on the side of the road as a waterslide yesterday duringwhet in Massachusetts would have been called a hurricane, but mere showers down here. Rode the drain pipes right under the street to the other side. Pretty fun, ill try and get some pictures up.

Well cant really think of anything else,

COs here, needs his computer, later

Glad to hear things are going well. You know if you were down there longer you'd start talking like them southerners. [wink] Let us know if you need anything.

Back up rockers

If you need to, you can always borrow my rocker or we can steal one from "Toxic". He's got two extras he isn't using!!![smile]

hey folks, Im back for a couple days.....trainings all done, be heading over pretty soon. things went pretty smooth, all things considered. cant really explain how hot it gets down in mississippi, or why the devil someone would choose to live there.
i

Last edited:
hey folks, we made it to Kuwait. Camp Buehring. Its pretty hot, sort of like standing in fromt of a torpedo heater in july, 120-130. Doing some final training before we go north in a while.
Ill ck back soon.

So how do you like the camels wandering around there? Yes it is a blast furnace is Alan's description. Wait until the sand storms hit.
Stay safe, watch your six.

yeah, its hot. Im not gonna sugar coat it. though I feel sugar coated when the wind blows. Its been 120-130, its a dry heat though, right? yikes. we'll be heading north soon, its only 115 up there, good thing i brought Polypros.

Back
Top Bottom