Oops! An American shot, killed Zimbabwe's most beloved lion; world is pissed at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the dentist took the lion with a spear, I would be very impressed.

Shooting any animal at long distance with a high powered rifle is stoopid.

Ok, now we're badmouthing firearms on a firearms forum. Now we've seen it all.

I wonder what the mods will use to take down this thread.

This thread is a prime example of the North East mindset.

If any of you wonder why the laws in MA are so screwed take a good look at the opinions in this thread calling the guy a douche, scumbag, etc. Because they do not agree with what the hunter did they feel the need to demonize his actions.

THOSE sort of attitudes is what led to all the crazy gun laws in MA. A small, vocal bunch of ***holes went after gun owners because THEY think gun owners are douchebags, scum, stoopid, ad nauseam.

What I read here is exactly why I was happy as a clam to get out of New England. I did not like the gun laws one bit, but the attitudes? WOW!

Those spouting off here would claim they are all about liberty and freedom, until it comes to something they do not like. . .then it is time to bash those they disagree with. Typical New England Bags of Wind.

Cruise around the web a bit and view some of the threads on gun forums about this story to see just how weird New England is. I read very few comments about the guy being a douche, etc.

I am not into big game hunting, but I do not feel it is my place to judge someone who is. When it can be demonstrated that big game hunting is causing damage then I will change my mind.

I also wonder how many of these anti big game hunters head into the woods of New England every fall trophy hunting for a big buck? The guy living next door to me is a trophy buck hunter. I could care less.

And that comment about people who shoot animals for the fun of it being future serial killers? Where did that guy get his degree in psychiatry? www.beashrinkinoneday.com?

Yup, this thread is a prime example of what is wrong with Northeast people. . . . . .

Unless it's to maintain health numbers of the herd, I'm not a fan of trophy hunters. To me, hunting should be for food and to maintain healthy numbers of animals. Having an unhealthy herd or animals dying because food is short is a worse situation.
I grew up in the northwest. Alaska, Washington, etc. Unless you were a transplant for a "hunt", this is the attitude of almost everybody in the region.

If the dentist took the lion with a spear, I would be very impressed.

Shooting any animal at long distance with a high powered rifle is stoopid.

Well, Paul, you obviously do not NEED a gun to protect yourself.

You can do it with your fists and feet and we will all be impressed with your manliness.. . .

if it was legal, fine...if it wasn't legal that's more than likely on the guide company...still doesn't account for not donating the meat, trying to smash the tag, the luring the animal out of the preservation, the bad shot letting the animal suffer for hours, his past infraction with the bear...that all says douche canoe to me...like i said, i don't feel the need to ruin the dudes life if it was legal but i also don't feel the need to stick up for him either...the mob has already taken care of ruining his life...if it wasn't legal they should be going after the guide company...it's their land and their rules and they should know them...but the dude is still a douche...and he's a dentist not a doctor [wink]

If any of you wonder why the laws in MA are so screwed take a good look at the opinions in this thread calling the guy a douche, scumbag, etc. Because they do not agree with what the hunter did they feel the need to demonize his actions.

THOSE sort of attitudes is what led to all the crazy gun laws in MA. A small, vocal bunch of ***holes went after gun owners because THEY think gun owners are douchebags, scum, stoopid, ad nauseam.

What I read here is exactly why I was happy as a clam to get out of New England. I did not like the gun laws one bit, but the attitudes? WOW!

Those spouting off here would claim they are all about liberty and freedom, until it comes to something they do not like. . .then it is time to bash those they disagree with. Typical New England Bags of Wind.

Cruise around the web a bit and view some of the threads on gun forums about this story to see just how weird New England is. I read very few comments about the guy being a douche, etc.

I am not into big game hunting, but I do not feel it is my place to judge someone who is. When it can be demonstrated that big game hunting is causing damage then I will change my mind.

I also wonder how many of these anti big game hunters head into the woods of New England every fall trophy hunting for a big buck? The guy living next door to me is a trophy buck hunter. I could care less.

And that comment about people who shoot animals for the fun of it being future serial killers? Where did that guy get his degree in psychiatry? www.beashrinkinoneday.com?

Yup, this thread is a prime example of what is wrong with Northeast people. . . . . .

Ding, ding, ding the northeast mindset is all over America these days too ! Its for the Animals. Anyone aligned with Peirse morgan and PETA is no frie d of gun rights or FREEDOM.

whole lot of truth in here.

Looks like PITA hit a PR home run with this one..colonialist..American..Lion King image.. serial animal killer ..alleged unethical behavior....keep up the pressure divide and conquer..

When they came after the lion hunters.. I did not speak because I do not hunt lions..
when they came after the bear hunters..I did not speak because I do not hunt bears..
When they came after those who run hogs/coons/rabbits with dogs..I did not speak because i do not run hogs/coons/rabbits with dogs
When they came after those who hunt stocked pheasants/quail ....I did not speak because i do not hunt stocked pheasants/quail..
When thay came for me... well .. there was no one left..

Last edited:
ibtl.jpg

guy's a grade-A douche.

You, and some others in this thread have a sever mental block when it come to the concept of liberty. I'm all for liberty. I never said he should or shouldn't be allowed do what he did. I just said he's a twat for doing it.

Guess what? I don't support new laws against texting and driving but I think you're a huge ****ing a-hole if you text and drive. I'm not trying to ban this a-hole from continuing to be an a-hole. He can fly off next year and pay $100K and be a big man and kill the last white rino on the planet or a ****ing panda bear for all I care. If he's able to do so legally I can't and don't even want to stop him....but I'll still think he's an a-hole. Liberty means being able to speak your mind, even if it's not a popular opinion. Thinking this dentist is a piece of shit has nothing to do with liberty, other than MY RIGHT to say whatever the **** I want. I'm not infringing on this jerkoff's right to waste $50K to go fly to a third world country where his $$ will fund some despotic government so he can get off on killing a lion for no good reason. He's free to be that much of a scumbag all he wants.

It's YOU who's behaving like a damned liberal...wanting to silence unpopular opinions that you don't agree with. I'm not silencing anyone or infringing on anyone's rights.

guy's a grade-A douche.

You, and some others in this thread have a sever mental block when it come to the concept of liberty. I'm all for liberty. I never said he should or shouldn't be allowed do what he did. I just said he's a twat for doing it.

Guess what? I don't support new laws against texting and driving but I think you're a huge ****ing a-hole if you text and drive. I'm not trying to ban this a-hole from continuing to be an a-hole. He can fly off next year and pay $100K and be a big man and kill the last white rino on the planet or a ****ing panda bear for all I care. If he's able to do so legally I can't and don't even want to stop him....but I'll still think he's an a-hole. Liberty means being able to speak your mind, even if it's not a popular opinion. Thinking this dentist is a piece of shit has nothing to do with liberty, other than MY RIGHT to say whatever the **** I want. I'm not infringing on this jerkoff's right to waste $50K to go fly to a third world country where his $$ will fund some despotic government so he can get off on killing a lion for no good reason. He's free to be that much of a scumbag all he wants.

It's YOU who's behaving like a damned liberal...wanting to silence unpopular opinions that you don't agree with. I'm not silencing anyone or infringing on anyone's rights.

lighten up, francis.

Rule of law is clearly dead

Return of the court of popular opinion....mob rule in 3,2,1.......

I'd hunt a lion. If I ever get lucky enough to afford the trip then I will open a thread here with pictures and you guys can all call me a douche and say that I have a little dick.

it's anti liberty to have an unpopular opinion around here. Just ask RockIt. It means you're a liberal with a northeast mindset.

In all fairness its generally speaking liberals/progressive (northeast or otherwise) in EITHER party that tend to be more prone to not only TELL folks what they should/should not do but also to try to use the force of gov to do so.

IMHO folks should leave other folks alone....if its not directly your business and you and yours are not being harmed then leave well enough alone

I'd hunt a lion. If I ever get lucky enough to afford the trip then I will open a thread here with pictures and you guys can all call me a douche and say that I have a little dick.

Please be sure to name it first and post pics of it with the local villagers on instracrap! That way you will get the full douchenozzle treatment from liberty loving hypocrites. They love to tell people how to feel and act.

I think we have a serious bleeding heart moonbat infestation at NES, this thread sucks.

There's plenty of republican robots around here to go around too, every time I open the browser I hear a din of both bleating sheep and R2D2 noises.

As far as this thread goes, you're right on that front...

NSFW "****ing thread, sucks!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom