Oops! An American shot, killed Zimbabwe's most beloved lion; world is pissed at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No big ticket trophy hunting in Africa means no more of the animals you PETA sissy's are crying over, it's that simple. Put a high dollar value on these animals and you deputize every skinny in the bush to watch over them,Don't and the animals are all bush meat by Saturday. Put your binkys away and your Bambi DVD collection and wake up to the truth as it exists on the ground in Africa. Your feelings do nothing for the animals, his money does lots. If he broke the law that's one thing. If his only transgression was to shoot a animal with a name...grow up.

Give that man a cigar.
Giving value to these animals is what makes sure there's not a trail of dead ones all over the bush with just gall bladders and peckers cut off by poachers selling that stuff to Japan for soup or some crap.
If the locals catch them they end up with their nuts nailed to a stump

The ****er baited the lion out of the preserve so he could shoot it. That's not hunting it's poaching. He's poached bear before too apparently. F him.

The ****er baited the lion out of the preserve so he could shoot it. That's not hunting it's poaching. He's poached bear before too apparently. F him.

It is so good to know that someone was there getting the whole story at both shoots, thank you for your dedication to the truth. [rolleyes]

No big ticket trophy hunting in Africa means no more of the animals you PETA sissy's are crying over, it's that simple. Put a high dollar value on these animals and you deputize every skinny in the bush to watch over them,Don't and the animals are all bush meat by Saturday. Put your binkys away and your Bambi DVD collection and wake up to the truth as it exists on the ground in Africa. Your feelings do nothing for the animals, his money does lots. If he broke the law that's one thing. If his only transgression was to shoot a animal with a name...grow up.

I still think it's F'ed up, but you make an interesting point. I used to work for a guy that was into Chinese herbs and he told me some insane figure that an actual tiger penis goes for. The Chinese use almost every part of the cat for their herbal formulas. Or they did until the government got involved and started protecting them

The hunter didn't bait anything. The PH did.

Have people forgot we bait game animals all the time?
Doe piss, deer decoys, duck decoys, buck grunts, elk calls, rattle antlers, food plots, etc..

"F this guy" - But when someone asks how to get rid of squirrels and chipmunks we will all recommend he/she drowns them. [thinking]

Love NES.

Last edited:
This guy claims he can hit a playing card at 100 yards with his compound bow yet he only wounded the lion which was killed with a gun 40 hours later. I have no respect for this DB.

I'm too concerned with thugs, terrorists, police brutality, rapists (I have a wife and daughter), etc to get overly emotional about a lion in Zimbabwe which I didn't even know exists until this story.

Like some rich guy from Minnesota knows who cecil the lion is, or where the park boundaries in Africa are...

I'm sorry for said lion, but I just spit out my Cheerios reading this line right now! I just can't imagine anyone saying it with a straight face.

Whether we agree or disagree on the matter, I think it's safe to say that no one on either side of the debate would ever think of naming a lion "Cecil". That's like naming a turtle "Pegasus".

Blaming this guy for the actions of the guide is like blaming a passenger because the limo driver he hired was speeding or went down the wrong way street.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My $.02
Shooting = Good.
Shooting animal so you can eat him = Good.
Shooting animal so he doesn't eat you = Good.
Shooting animal for the **** of it. = Fail.

My $.02
Shooting = Good.

Understanding conservationism = Good
Hunting for profit = Good
Supporting a local economy with 80% unemployment, 25% aids infection rate, and a life expectancy of 58 = Good
Getting outraged because a lion died in Africa = Fail.

My $.02
Shooting = Good.

This is actually a great summary of my feelings on the matter. It's funny how half of the posters in this thread assume those who feel this way are suddenly bleeding heart liberals, or PETA fans, wtf?![hmmm]

Best comment on the above link:
"If Obama had a cat it would look like Cecil.

Somewhere in Zimbabwe there are grateful gazelles celebrating their hero, Dr. Palmer."

Piers Morgan: ""I will sell tickets for $50,000 to anyone who wants to come with me and track down fat, greedy, selfish, murderous businessmen like Dr Palmer in their natural habit. We would all take a bow and fire a few arrows into his limbs to render him incapable of movement."
E!: "Personally, we wish someone would let these three loose in the jungle and see how they like being tracked for sport"
PETA: "he needs to be extradited, charged, &, preferably, hanged"

T3: " I'd love to see one of these guys try to hunt a skilled hunter who could shoot back and see how well it goes for them!"

Any questions?

Piers Morgan: ""I will sell tickets for $50,000 to anyone who wants to come with me and track down fat, greedy, selfish, murderous businessmen like Dr Palmer in their natural habit. We would all take a bow and fire a few arrows into his limbs to render him incapable of movement."
E!: "Personally, we wish someone would let these three loose in the jungle and see how they like being tracked for sport"

T3: " I'd love to see one of these guys try to hunt a skilled hunter who could shoot back and see how well it goes for them!"

Any questions?

How about selling tickets for a Piers Morgan hunt?

j/k

But it would make for great TV

Any questions?

Well played sir, but I still stand by what I stated above, which is where that comment is derived from, despite the comparative spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom