out of stae sale Fa-10 question.

stinx

NES Member
I recently sold a gun via the internet to a purchaser in another state. I used four seasons to do the transfer. Am I still reuqired to do an Fa-10 ? also would this sale count as one of my four that are allowed per year?

I recently sold a gun via the internet to a purchaser in another state. I used four seasons to do the transfer. Am I still reuqired to do an Fa-10 ? also would this sale count as one of my four that are allowed per year?

As I understand it, Four Seasons would be required to enter the gun into their book, then transfer it out to the receiving FFL. This alone is enough to satisfy the paperwork requirement similar to the way you would sell/trade a gun to an FFL and have it "taken off" your record. (I know, this is a misnomer in this commonwealth since they record you buying the gun but do not seem have a mechanism at the CHSB to remove it from your "ownership" when you sell it, only to record the next purchaser) Did they give you a receipt for the gun? Do you have any letter, emails, etc. from the person agreeing to buy your gun?

When I sell a gun out of state I keep almost every scrap of paperwork to include emails and/or letters from the purchaser, a copy of their FFL's license, a receipt from my FFL, and the USPS shipping document. I attach this to my original FA-10 in order to show disposition of the gun.

It does not count against your four transfer per year since an FFL was involved.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom